Preparing to lose my sanity

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
Combine my height with the height of the side of the crib then factor in how low the mattress is at it's lowest setting and we've got a recipe for disaster. Naps today involved a lot of crying because I can't put Ashlyn in the crib anymore w/out waking her up. Either she senses that she's going down and wakes up or right when I'm almost down to the mattress she decided to roll over and plops down which wakes her up. My bf won't help me out so I have decided it's time for her to learn how to put herself to sleep :/

My mom said I should just get a used drop side crib but I figure that she needs to eventually learn how to do it. Plus she's getting heavy and rocking her to sleep is killing my back. I really have no clue where to start though. She's only put herself to sleep twice and both times she was laying right next to me and she only slept for 10 minutes.

Should I buy something to put in her crib to help her drift to sleep? I know at the point I can't use a mobile since she's pulling up.

Ugh I'm getting stressed out just thinking about it.

November 7th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried some white noise? We used to use the vacuum cleaner to get Ella to sleep. Sounds silly but it works! I was a little worried she would always need it but we stopped it cold turkey a few weeks ago and now we just put her down awake with no noise and she puts herself to sleep.

Good luck! I know what you mean about the cot, we have a drop down one thankfully but I find it hard when the rail is up and we haven't even dropped the mattress yet! I am only short

BFP - 23/08/09

Check out my bump: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f5...l#post17893964

November 7th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm having the same issue and I'm 5' 5". I feel like I'm dropping Mason in there. My crib is drop side but it's noisy so raising the side wakes him up.

I just have to cross my fingers and hope he stays asleep.

November 7th, 2010, 02:54 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
It helped alot to just keep going up there to assure her and give her back her pacifyer, tuck her back in.. sometimes we did it over 4-5 times, but eventually it worked. We have a rabbit that you pull its tale and it plays lullabys, we got it at walmart.. or you can get a lullaby CD

good luck hun.
November 7th, 2010, 06:59 PM
The monitor I have for her plays music or ocean sounds so I put them on but they don't really phase her. When I put her in her crib when she's sleepy she'll just crawl around and every once in a while will lay down but only for a few seconds. Earlier I tried just hanging out in her room and layed on the floor where she could still see me...I ended up falling asleep and she was still crawling around lol. My bf came to check on us and woke me up. I was only asleep like 5 minutes though.

I'll have to find my cd player and making her a cd to play at night. Fur Elise (LOVE that song) used to put her to sleep when she was younger so maybe it'd help now. Tonight I gave her her solids as usual but gave her a bottle to make sure that she ate a good amount (8oz.). I rocked her to sleep but it took under 5 minutes (and no fighting) when normally it'll take 15 min. with tons of fighting (or she'll fall asleep while nursing). So I'm hoping that she's nice & stuffed and will sleep more than just 3 hrs. Been asleep for an hour now so fingers crossed.

Amanda~ I'm 5'4" and the top of the mattress is below the midway point of my shin...I have to basically bend completely in half to get her in her crib

November 8th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Well last night was a bit of a failure. Ashlyn fell asleep at 9:15 and was up at 10:45 so I just gave her her pacifier and she went right back to sleep. She woke back up at 11:45 and the bf decided to give it a try...yea she went psychotic and cried like someone was killing her. Anytime she saw me it just got worse. We gave her gas drops & orajel but the crying didn't stop until I held her. She was still really fighting/crying so the bf suggest giving her some baby tylenol cuz maybe she wasn't feeling good and we just couldn't tell...so I did. She calmed down within a few minutes. I put her in the crib to see if she'd fall asleep on her own and I could see that she was trying but it wasn't happening. I put her in ghetto swaddle and she fell right asleep in my arms. Put her in the crib where she tossed and turned (and got her arms & legs free) but she stayed asleep until almost 5 am (it was 12:45am at the point. 1 hr of on & off crying). I fed her and put her back in bed. She woke up at 7, snacked then slept until 8am.

so it's a quarter after 9 now. She'll probably need a nap in like 2 hrs. so hopefully we can make some progress today

November 8th, 2010, 10:37 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just try to stick with it, it'll probably take a few days. And maybe she just wasn't feeling well. Hope it works itself out soon!

November 8th, 2010, 01:42 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 5'0 and I have a crib with the stationary side. When Kinley was a baby, I went to Target and got a pink step stool --I would step up on it and it helped me to get her down into the crib. Now she uses the stool to brush her teeth and wash her hands...so it was well worth it! Karsyn is so easy going that I can put her in her crib awake, asleep, half asleep, etc and she will just go back to sleep by herself---wasn't so lucky with Kinley! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search