What's the temp?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2010, 06:44 AM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
It's been really cold here (45 right now and in the low 30s at night) so I try to keep the house at 75. Eric thinks it's too hot and drops it to 70. I just HATE being cold and I'm not a fan of bundling up indoors. We live in a really old house so it's drafty so we have space heaters around in case it's a bit nippy in that room (like the kitchen).

So what do you have your heat set at? I really wonder if I have mine set too high lol

November 8th, 2010, 06:51 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today and for the rest of the week the temps will be mid 40's low 50's with rain and snow mix which is a big difference from high 60's and sunshine. We'll be keeping out house at about 68. I'll be using the oven to help keep the house warm so I don't using the heater so much.

November 8th, 2010, 07:04 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
It's going to be mid-60's here today but it's been in the 30's over night for a few weeks now. We keep the thermostat at 70 for now. I'm sure once it gets really cold it will start inching up though. I also hate being cold. But I don't mind throwing on a sweatshirt and socks and bundling up in a blanket!
November 8th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I'm with you Pat--I hate being cold and feeling trapped in sweaters and socks.

It will be in the 50's during the day. We have our thermostat set to 72 (sometimes 73).

November 8th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Clarissa J's Avatar Super Mommy
43 degrees rainy, windy and gross!
November 8th, 2010, 07:38 AM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
40s daytime, 30s nighttime here - we put the thermostat at 67 at night, and turn it up to 69 during the day (if I remember and realize I'm cold). It would go lower at night if it weren't for the baby. I hate being hot, I'd rather snuggle up in the covers at night!

I think 75 is a little much, but if your house is drafty, like you said, it might need to be a smidge higher to keep you warm!

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns
November 8th, 2010, 07:55 AM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
Right now I'm wearing sweat pants, socks and a t shirt. If I'm super cold I'll put on a long sleeve shirt. the only time I have a sweatshirt on in the house is if I forget to take it off when I'm letting the dog out. From the kitchen you can get to the back door & basement so I get a major draft through there and I am thinking of asking the landlord to put a door there since I can tell there had been one at some point. I'm sitting on my couch and can feel a draft on my feet coming from the door that leads to our sitting room (which you have to go through to get to the front door). We spend all day downstairs so I need it to be warm. Upstairs isn't drafty and I think it's like Africa up there lol.

With Ashlyn crawling all over and standing on everything, bundling up with a blanket during the day isn't really an option. Last night I did drop the heat down numerous times and I think I finally settled at 70. It was WAY too hot with my blanket.

I need to move to a newer house haha. I love my yard though.

Oh I wanted to add that if I have long sleeve shirts on then I'll drop the temp. But really my main concern is keeping downstairs warm enough to counteract the drafts. Ashlyn spends most of her time on the floor.

November 8th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We keep ours set at 73-74, but we once set up a therm. too see what the % of humidity in our house was and it was actually about 71 degrees.

November 8th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Its about 55 outside but windy so it feels a little colder... last night it was around 30. We keep the house at 69 because if we put it at 70 we literally start sweating and it feels like its a million degrees in here. I'm not sure if its because we live in a new house so its insulated well (we're the first owners) or what but it gets WARM in here.

November 8th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Tiny Loves
In the summer I keep the thermostat set at 73, and in the winter 67. Right now it's off and we are just using space heaters.

November 8th, 2010, 10:02 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
It's in the high sixties here today... Our house gets cold easily (we have lots of windows in the back and Riley's room is the coldest. So, I set it based on the temp of her room. I usually just bump it up a degree to get it to kick on and it warms up Riley's room. During the winter, we usually keep it set at 68 or 70.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search