New WW Program

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Stepford Wife's Avatar Lazy Perfectionist
So WW's new program launched today... Because I'm a leader, I got the chance to test it out after Baby Boy was born and I lost 45 pounds in 3 months. The program is amazing...

For everybody who's on WW, or those who are thinking about it, check it out. I think now it's one of the best diets out there. The fact that fruits and lots of veges are "free" now... It really changes the game and I find myself feeling better than I ever, ever have.

My Blog: A Stepford Life
November 29th, 2010, 01:58 PM
momma23girls's Avatar and one little boy!!
Whats the name of the new program? How does it differ form the Points or Core program? I am in a total weight loss slump, nothing is coming off and 45 lbs in 3 months sounds amazing!!! Im ready for something new.
November 29th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma23girls View Post
Whats the name of the new program? How does it differ form the Points or Core program? I am in a total weight loss slump, nothing is coming off and 45 lbs in 3 months sounds amazing!!! Im ready for something new.
It's still Weight Watchers, but the new method of couting points under the new program is called Points Plus. You'll find that your daily points allowance along with the weekly points allowance will probably be higher, but the points value of foods in general will also be higher (the change is to reflect better when people make healthy eating choices). You'll find that fruits and most water-based vegetables are zero points (fresh or frozen fresh... Canned in sugar/syrup are still points valued)... That is one of the biggest changes. So surviving on popcorn for snacks is a thing of the past. The hope is that by making fruits and veges free, people will put more of them in their diet. I know I did... Before I may have wanted fruit, but at two points, sometimes I just wanted the Special K bar more. But the new plan structure has shown that fruits aid in weight loss and by allowing fruits as a free choice, people are more inclined to eat breakfast, more inclined to skip bars of the same points value as fruit, but less nutritional value.

The Core program has also been refreshed, with core foods being replaced by Power Foods. The list is very similar, though it's been changed to reflect the changes in food allowances that you also see in the basic plan.

You can see on facebook.com and on the Weight Watchers site, especially if you're enrolled in their online program, that the plan is being rolled out in a managable way that doesn't derail people who've been doing the old plan or overwhelm everyone with new information that is in may ways contradictory to what WW has been teaching since their last massive change in the late 90s.

Since the change being rolled out in waves, there's only so much extensive detail I can give out about the whole plan at once without confusing people (and honestly I don't want to get myself in trouble either), but I'd be happy to answer as much as I can for people.

November 29th, 2010, 04:54 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm currently in WW, but have been in a slump for at least three months... the new plan is rolling out in Canada here on Sunday (which is my usual meeting date) and I can NOT wait. I'm really hoping it gets me fired up again!

I wonder if it's the very same as the US plan?

Hmmmmmm...

November 29th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I think it is the exact same, just each territory has a different launch date so as to not cause problems.

November 30th, 2010, 05:12 AM
momma23girls's Avatar and one little boy!!
Thank you so much Moogle Mommy. I am going to look more into it. It sounds great and might just be what I need to get me on the right track again! I was/am the same way about fruits and points. They usually offer free registration here around the New Year, if I can wait til then. Thanks again and congrats on the 45 pounds!!
November 30th, 2010, 07:21 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
I need to get on the WW wagon again...I was on it for a year and a half, then got pregnant. I haven't reverted back to my good, ol' ways yet.

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
November 30th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I am joining WW with a friend, but she can't join until the new year. So I am going to try to get back on the band wagon myself. First step...after all the delish flavored creamer is gone...back to black coffee...

December 2nd, 2010, 08:17 PM
Just by way of a tip, they are running a lot of product sales right now... 50% off a lot of things, so you may want to swing in and check out the materials, maybe get them now, and hang onto them until you join. Where we are, Deluxe Member Kits are $10 off and come with a free electronic points calculator. It's a pretty good deal.

December 2nd, 2010, 08:19 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Hmmm...I may have to see about checking that out...thanks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search