I need to confess and need help....

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So all my life Ive been a size 0! Never made it above 100 pounds. At my first dr's appt, I weighed 122...So I guess I put on 20 pounds over 3 year out of high school. During my pregnancy, I got to 155. Well, when I got my clear to start working out. I started the C25k! I felt so motivated but after two weeks, I stopped. I dont feel comfortable in my body. Its ruining my self-image. DH tells me all the time how pretty I am but I dont see it. Today I pulled out the Wii Fit. First, I weighed myself, 130 but the part that made me lose it...IM OVERWEIGHT....Ive never been considered OVERWEIGHT. I know 130 isnt bad and I dont look "fat" but my thighs and stomach just arent the same. I know there has to be another BTDT mom who went through this after they had a baby. Any advice? Ive tried getting new clothes and it just doesnt make me feel any better. & to be completely honest its making me not even want to be naked around my DH. Really hope someone can help me??
December 3rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
BREATH!!!!!!!! I'm was normally a 0 too and i'm at 131 .. so i know how you feel but IT WILL COME OFF. wilth little Brandon, hold on i weighed, 180+ when i gave birth ... i started ot at 97....so that was depressing but within a year i got back to 2 --- i will never be 0 because my hips widened but i know that i lost the weight and you will too - but it takes time!!! remember how long it took for us to put it on .. 9 to 10 months ... i'm almost just at 4 months pp ... and you're around 2 months pp ... so the fact that you're at 130 is great .. you will loose the rest and you can do it in a healthy way. You have to give it time ESPECIALLY since your breast feeding - breast milk has amazing fats in it for babies brain - but you need to be healthy to make that milk mama! Again, breath - it takes time and you will get there!!
January 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM
a13xandra's Avatar Alex, mum to Eris
Send a message via ICQ to a13xandra Send a message via AIM to a13xandra Send a message via MSN to a13xandra Send a message via Yahoo to a13xandra Send a message via Skype™ to a13xandra
I was 125 before pregnancy, and I'm at 135 now. Since I'm breastfeeding, I'm making a plan to lose two pounds a month and just focusing on the next two pounds, and not the whole number even though I was 125 since my teenage years. I've told my husband that I feel really self-conscious, and what sort of words or phrases might irk me, so he's been extra sweet and understanding to me.
January 25th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Breathe in, out, in, out, pant pant pant...oh wait, that part's over.

When I had my first my body got all contorted and awful. When I had my second, (well after) it went back to looking like I was in high school again.

After this one...I'm back to contorted. My belly looks like a squishy donut that spent too much time in the sun and is melting. I used to walk around in underwear and think "I look GOOD" and now I stay away from mirrors because who wants to look at old fat naked ladies? I look like an old fat naked lady.

BUT that's why we're here...because we're not going to look funhouse mirror for long!

And your chances of being under 100 again are great because you are so young!!!!!!!!!!
January 25th, 2011, 07:16 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
You are not alone, I am now 200!!! I was 130 when I got pregnant with my first and it has been 6 years and I am now this big.. it sucks.. the biggest I have been in my life, trust me I know how it feels to not even want to look in the mirror.

But you really don't have that much to lose, you can do it !!!!
January 26th, 2011, 06:39 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You're doing a great job on the weightloss - see --- now you're at what 122 - it doesn't stay on forever!
January 26th, 2011, 06:44 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christina, before having kids, I was a size 3. I weighed 115 lbs and was so healthy. Since having my 1st dd, I've struggled with my weight and have a hard time being motivated to lose it even though I so want to. I used to be so active. Soccer practice 2x/week and a game once/week in the spring and fall. Swimming nearly every day in the summer and roller skating once/week for 4 hours in the winter. At my highest non-pregnant, I was at 184. And my highest pregnant, I got up to 200. I am only 5'2" so it was depressing. I am now sitting around 160 and so desperately want to get down to 120.
One thing that you have to accept is that no matter how much you lose, you will probably never be a size 0 again. I will never be a size 3 either. My hips are just wider but that's not a bad thing.
Sorry to hijack but I understand where you're coming from. (((HUGS)))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search