Temping

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alright girls i have a question. I temped/charted with M so i know how it all works... but i just realized, i dont think its going to be possible if i TTC again and i'm totally sad about it! For some reason ever since having him, i wake up at least once to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night still... so even though i sleep alot i dont really ever get 4-6 hours of straight sleep! I usually go to bed around 11, potty at 2 or 3, dh gets up for work at 5 and usually wakes me up unintentionally, then M's up between 7-8 to eat then sometimes we go back to sleep but that length of time is totally hit or miss. The only possible thing i could think of would be to set an alarm and intentionally get up at 3 or so to do it... but i dont know. I guess temping doesnt really seem like its going to work out this time huh?

December 20th, 2010, 01:33 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I was wondering about the same thing. I've been on Depo for the past 8 months and am anxious to figure out when my body will start to ovulate again. I think as long as you're consistent it might work? Between my two kiddos there isn't a chance I'll get 4-6 hours of sleep in order to temp. Maybe if I actually went to bed at a decent time, but that's almost as unlikely.

My only other suggestion, besides asking Mylene, because I think she's pretty knowledgable in all things temping/chart stalking, is to sign up for the free Fertility Friend and see if you can ask a question to the mods there. I'm not sure if you can ask without purchasing a membership, but hopefully. Or perhaps their FAQ would have an answer. I loved keeping track of my chart there, back in the day.
Caroline - November '12

December 20th, 2010, 03:06 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
It might take some experimenting, but you should be able to figure out a pattern. For a while I wasn't getting good sleep while TTC but I found out that no matter what if I took my temp at the same time everyday it would be fairly accurate. I had some days where I had to be up at 5 am for work and those days would always be off, no matter how long I'd slept prior to temping. For some people the time is more important than the duration of sleep before taking your temp. Play around with it. It may take a couple of cycles to figure it out. Since you've temped and charted before you will hopefully be able to pinpoint things easily.

I love reading charts!! If you do use FF post a link to your chart so I can stalk it
December 20th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
O i will! I'll have to figure out my password to my old account i have no idea what it was Then i have to decide if i should get a paid account, i started off with a non paid but then got the VIP trial and fell in love with the chart overlay, and luckily got pregnant the last month i had it! Now i dont know if i can go back to non VIP

December 20th, 2010, 07:00 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
I should start this temping thing soon. I just need to go buy a new thermometer. I'm pretty sure most of ours have gone in a bum since the last time I used it. TMI!!

Time to go figure out my FF password as well. (Sam, I've decided I'm just going to keep stalking you and do everything you do. I don't mean to, but you've got grand ideas.)
Caroline - November '12

December 20th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lol, fine with me! I'm pretty sure i need to get a new thermom also

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search