Essure Procedure

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2010, 09:36 AM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
So I had the essure procedure done today. I was nervous at first but it went great. It took 4 minutes and the only pain I felt was similar to period cramping. Go back in three months for a check up and I am good to go.

I admit that I am a little sad at closing that chapter of our life, but I am ready to begin the next chapter.

MY BLOG

December 31st, 2010, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I might look into that. Is it covered by insurance? The IUD wasn't and have heard horror stories about it so I didn't get it.
December 31st, 2010, 11:16 AM
WifeMotherGoddess's Avatar Sharon
I'm not familiar with the essure procedure, what is it exactly? I'm glad to hear it went well.
December 31st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4timemommy View Post
I might look into that. Is it covered by insurance? The IUD wasn't and have heard horror stories about it so I didn't get it.
Generally it covers it other than your copay. Ryan said he would give money every time he heard someone say "you have a good looking uterus" That's what the doctor said as he was getting ready to do it. HA!

MY BLOG

December 31st, 2010, 12:22 PM
1st.time.mama333's Avatar #2 Due March 2013!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeMotherGoddess View Post
I'm not familiar with the essure procedure, what is it exactly? I'm glad to hear it went well.

]
December 31st, 2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeMotherGoddess View Post
Safer and more effective than a tubal. They insert these spring looking things in the tube and over three months your tubes will close around it. no reversible but only took 4 minutes and was painless for the most part. My pain meds have wore off so no cramping or anything.

Essure - Permanent Birth Control by Conceptus

Essure is 99.8% effective with zero pregnancies*, making it the most effective form of permanent birth control available.

The Essure procedure is permanent and is NOT reversible. Therefore, you should be sure you do not want children in the future.

Unlike other permanent birth control, the Essure procedure does not require cutting into the body or the use of radiofrequency energy to burn the fallopian tubes. Instead, an Essure trained doctor inserts soft, flexible inserts through the body’s natural pathways (vagina, cervix, and uterus) and into your fallopian tubes. The very tip of the device remains outside the fallopian tube, which provides you and your doctor with immediate visual confirmation of placement.

During the 3 months following the procedure, your body and the inserts work together to form a natural barrier that prevents sperm from reaching the egg. During this period, you must continue using another form of birth control (other than an IUD).

After three months, it’s time to get an Essure Confirmation Test to verify you’re protected from the worries of unplanned pregnancy. The test uses a dye and special type of x-ray to ensure both that the inserts are in place and that the fallopian tubes are completely blocked.

Unlike birth control pills, patches, rings, and some forms of IUDs, Essure does not contain hormones to interfere with your natural menstrual cycle. Your periods should more or less continue in their natural state.

MY BLOG

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search