scared of the scale

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2010, 06:48 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so scared of the scale. I want to weigh less and be in better shape... but I have all of these mental blocks like that I can't lose weight while breastfeeding, and that I can't do a good enough diet b/c I'm BFing and all of this other crap that's just me trying to trick myself into thinking I can keep eating a TON and pretending like my problem will go away. I really need to man up and step on the scale but I'm like horrified to. I feel like I weigh more than I did when I gave birth to Lily. I'm wearing pants that are way smaller than some of the sizes I was in pre-pregnancy in years past, but I feel like I'm just carrying it differently and that the # is still higher. I am so mad b/c I lost all of my pregnancy weight except like 4 pounds and now I just KNOW I gained it all back and more. My scale in the bathroom is just covered in dust... I should clean it but I don't even want to go NEAR it,

Anyone else living in denial with me?

December 31st, 2010, 07:33 PM
taterm's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate getting on the scale! I am the heaviest I have been ever.

*Thank you *Kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!
January 2nd, 2011, 08:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oh, i'm right there with ya. I finally stepped on the scale a couple days ago, and thankfully i hadnt gained since the last time i weighed (a long, long time ago)....BUT....i'm still at the heaviest i've ever been. i have NO reason to not be losing, except laziness. For a while, i was able to use the excuse "i just had a baby". a year later, that aint cuttin' it!

i say...just do it! step on. you might have gained a whole bunch...but most likely, if you have...it'll be the push you need to get crackin' on a diet.
January 3rd, 2011, 11:25 AM
Mom2twins2010's Avatar AverageMom
I do get on the scale... then I just get depressed about it and go pig out.

I'm at my heaviest now... I'm just under what I weighed when I gave birth... but I don't have a big belly anymore... it's all spread out now

I've been making excuses for the same reason as you, can't diet because I'm BF, but I think we're almost done here, so what excuse will I come up with next?

Thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy
January 3rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Nicole1110's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I kept on stepping on the scale and seeing the number go higher and higher and just kept eating. At my highest, I was NINE pounds heavier than the day I had Major. I gained 35 lbs while pregnant, lost 33 of it by the time he was 4 weeks old and then managed to gain 41 lbs over the course of 10 months. How disgusting is that? My excuse was that I was too tired to cook dinner or didn't have time so we ate fast food like 5 nights a week, sometimes more. On top of that, I was eating fast food for breakfast and lunch some days cause I "didn't have time" to put a lunch together before leaving for work. So I couldn't go get a Lean Cuisine from the grocery store next door to my work but I could stop at the Del Taco in the same parking lot and hit the drive thru.

It finally got to the point where DH got fed up and said he wasn't going to eat junk anymore. His commitment to eat better inspired me and I can't be the only fatty in the family so I jumped on board with him. The holidays threw me for a loop but I'm still down 12 lbs in about a month. It sucks, and I am hungry a lot but it's getting better.

What happened to you and Ben doing WW? I thought you guys were doing well! I'm sure it's hard with all the stress you're under with granny living there and your MIL in the house... I'm sure it's hard to eat well when you're not home a lot. You'll do it when you're ready. From the pics you've posted (your iPad pic, etc) - you don't look like a fatty at all so take that for what it's worth.

Major
January 3rd, 2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks girls. It makes me feel a lot better to know I'm not alone, at least. @Nicole - Ben and I were doing great with WW... well, we were both on board and his weight was melting away and mine really wasn't but we were both sticking to our points range. But the thing is my MIL sabotages us... she'll take Granny shopping and come home with (in one trip, no kidding) fudge, a bag of mini chocolate bars, several different types of cookies, etc. and then so they have something to do, they'll bake pies or cookies. BFing has given me SUCH a sweet tooth and I do okay if I can keep it out of the house... but when its right there I can't help it, I HAVE to eat it, lol. So Ben and I both fell off the WW wagon. And we're such all or nothing people its like "oh, we aren't counting points?! LETS EAT EVERYTHING!!!" and now with me being out of the house pretty much whenever MIL is in it, I'm eating lunch out every day. Today I went to Zaxby's and on top of getting a combo I ordered a side of freaking fried cheese ON TOP OF IT!

butttttt I did get on the scale this morning. I just freaking sucked it up and did it. and while I am definitely not happy with that number, its not as bad as I expected it to be. but I still talked to my mom, and she agreed to watch Lily 3x/week on a set schedule so I can go to the gym. Hopefully I won't use going to the gym as an excuse to eat even MORE food!

January 7th, 2011, 10:03 AM
gina!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i was right there with you on many levels last fall. my girlfriend told me about this weight loss book called "the game on diet". i hesitate to call it a diet because it's more of a healthy living plan. but it totally works! i lost 10 pounds in about 3.5 weeks and i was not hungry at all on it. plus, it really does help change your habits. i highly recommend it.
January 8th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks Gina, I may have to check that out! We normally do weight watchers when we start eating better, but maybe switching it up would be good too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search