New year, new plan!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 02:13 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So after AF showed on New Year's day, I've made a new plan for the new year with all of this WTTC\NTNP\TTC stuff. I am going to start charting my cycles, but not temping since I hate temping and I know that I O. I'm going to buy some OPKs and track my O days, cycle lengths and LP for the next 2-3 cycles. That will bring us right up to March or April, Melodie will be a year old by then. I should have no problem getting enough hours for another mat leave as long as my EDD falls in December or later, so that should cover it.

I feel good about this plan. We'll just use NFP to prevent for the next few cycles, and then we can get back on track and NTNP with a lot less to worry about, and that should help our chances too. It'll be much easier this way, less stress and I can get to know my cycles a little better in the meantime, plus I'll have the peace of mind of knowing I'll be able to get another full leave from work with the next baby.

Anyone else coming up with a NTNP\TTC plan for the new year?

January 3rd, 2011, 04:08 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds great! I know I feel better and more relaxed about the whole ttc thing if I have a plan. We were going to stop ttc a few months back - we had set a time limit for ourselves. Well, I would get sooooo stressed each month when I didn't get a BFP because I felt like I was running out of time. Then we conceived, but I had a m/c. So now we are just ttc. No charting or temping or OPK's, just making sure we do lots of BD'ing! I feel so much better about it. I figure it will happen when it is supposed to.

I am glad you have something mapped out and will have enough mat leave for the next baby. Can I again say that you Canadians have an awesome maternity system!

January 3rd, 2011, 05:16 AM
That sounds like a good way to go about it, we plan to do the same once we really start trying again. That'S why I want to get reacquainted with my cycles until then, and then just let it all go and stop using the OPKs in a few months and just BD tons! I just want to have a better idea of my O time now since my cycles have changed since having DD.

And yes, I LOOOOVE our maternity system. Actually, it's called parental leave because you can share it and split it with your DH if you choose. We might split it next time since I make more money, so I'd go back sooner and DH would stay home for the remainder. We'll see. They are even talking about extending it to 18 months because most daycares here don't accept kids under 18 months old because our laws are very strict on the number of care providers depending on the number of infants under 18 months. We have a great system for regulated and licensed daycares too, but there's just not enough of them out there.

January 3rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Sounds like a great plan Lisa--I can't wait until you are *officially* TTC though!!!!

January 3rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks! We'll probably just NTNP still, because I promised myself I wouldn't put myself through the stress I associated with TTC last time. I know it's just a label really, but I just want to let whatever happens happen, you know? I guess just like Laura was saying... I'm tired of trying or not trying, I just want to let nature take it's course. I know now that we're perfectly capable of getting pregnant and having a healthy baby, so I'm just gonna trust that we'll be blessed when the time is right.

Last edited by LisaBrown; January 3rd, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
January 3rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My plan still hinges on what is going on with my stupid thyroid. But here it is anyway.

I plan on continuing on the mini-pill until October of this year. I go back to the OB for my yearly then. We will discuss our options. Then we will decide to stop bc or find a new form. If we stop, then we will just NTNP. Generally us NTNP results in a pregnancy fairly quickly, but there are different issues now, so we will see.

Oh and I still have to get hubby on board. Which is going ok - slow, but ok.

January 4th, 2011, 01:36 AM
That's great news Christy! It's nice to know what your course of action is. GL!!

January 4th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a great plan, Lisa!! I too am SUPER jealous of your maternity leave!

Currently we are not using protection. Therefore we are NTNP. However, I don't have AF back yet. While I understand this doesn't necessarily mean that I can't get pregnant we're *assuming* we can't, but would be totally excited if we did!

We had planned on TTC around April when Livi turns 1. I'm worried that I won't get AF back until after I'm done BF'ing, and I'm DEFINITELY BFing til at least 1 year. My dilemma is I hadn't planned on stopping BFing, I was just going to see what happened...if Livi weans herself, whatever. I don't want to stop BF'ing to TTC, but I want to TTC...so I dunno what's going to happen. I guess we'll just have to play it by ear!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search