How's it going so far?? Accountability check anyone?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So it from the looks of things posted here and some things that I have seen posted on Facebook it looks like today is a starting day for many of us. I know that for me, I am WAY better on things if I am held accountable by someone and when I have a plan. So I have a plan, and no one really other than DH and you all to hold me accountable.

My plan is to avoid as many carbs as possible, get in a little bit of activity every day and to drink at least 24oz of water. We have 3 floors in my building so I am going to walk to the top and back down at least 2 times on my lunch today (which is a ton more than what I ususally do at lunch), and my water bottle is all filled and on my desk ready to go.

Foodwise... Breaksfast was 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 strips veggie bacon (which was horrible, so don't think I will do veggie bacon again tomrrow) with my coffee (16oz) that I have switched over to sugar free creamer and cut back from 32oz to just 16.
AM Snack is 2 string cheese sticks
Lunch is a large salad with lettuce, bell pepper, cucumber, carrots, 1/2 avacado, a sprinkle of slivered almosnd, some goat cheese and a 3 slices of turkey lunch meat with LF salad dressing with a diet coke.
PM snack is celery and 2TBSP peanut butter
Dinner is the one meal that I am keeping pretty "normal" and we are having BBQ CHicken, pasta shells with cheese and broccoli. My plan is to have chicken, lots of veggies and just a small portion of the pasta.

Anyone starting a weight loss program today, feel free to post what you are doing, and definately feel free to add suggestions (both positive and tips for improvement) to what I am doing.

Have a great day everyone!!!

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 3rd, 2011, 08:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My diet started today, so far, so good. I know, it's only been like six hours LOL

Lots of water! I have already had three 16oz bottles today.

Breakfast was 2 Low-Fat Nutrigrain Waffles and a banana on top

AM Snack was small apple with tablespoon of natural peanut butter

Lunch is turkey and spinach on a sandwich thin and broccoli

Afternoon snack is carrotts and hummus

Not sure about dinner yet...that is going to be the tough one. DH doesn't eat anything healthy! UGH!
January 3rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am back on track today. I've been eating like garbage since Christmas eve. I have zits all over my face now. Not cute.

Breakfast- scrambled eggs w/ cheese, 3 slices of bacon, coffee with heavy cream & 1 pack splenda

Not sure about the rest of the day yet.
January 4th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Morning of day two... Cina, what do you snack on?? I'm starving!

I didn't end up getting my walk in yesterday, the junk hit the fan right at lunch time and I ended up eating at my desk working on a project. But, I did pass on the pasta with cheese for dinner in favor of another helping of broccoli and managed to avoid the remaining Amaretto Balls that are lurking in my refrigerator.

Erin, how did things go for you?

Today it's 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast with coffee and sugar free creamer, 2 string cheese sticks for snack, salad with extra veggies, almonds, goat cheese and chicken for lunch, peanut butter and celery for afternoon snack and I think chili for dinner. I made myself drink 8oz of water before I started on my coffee so hopefully water will be better today. And I am again going to plan on walking the stairs for at least 10 minutes at lunch today. We shall see...

January 4th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you are doing great! You have will power!

I sadly did not last night. We decided to order a pizza. But I was lazy too since I didn't really feel like cooking.

But back on track today!

For breakfast I had the 2 Nutrigrain waffles with a banana on top again.

Morning snack was 10 wheat thins and a bit of hummus

Lunch is a Lean Cuisine Panini and grapes

Afternoon snack is a handful of almonds

Dinner will be grilled chicken and broccoli. Already have the chicken thawing so there is no excuse today!
January 4th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Oh, we will see how long my will power lasts. I can generally get through about a week of staying on track before falling off the wagon big time and not getting back on for months. So I am trying to build in days/nights off this time. DH and I are going out to dinner Friday night, and the plan is to eat what I want. And I am really not changing dinners at all - there is no way the rest of the family would eat like this. But I am trying to make/order healthier things and have smaller portions at dinner. If we have pizza this week (and I know we will) I am going to try to have one slice rather than 3, and a big salad to go with it.

January 4th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Veggies and dip

cheese and Pepperoni slices

protein shakes

peanut or almond butter and celery

Cream cheese and celery

I eat a lot of fat so it kills my appetite. If you are still sketchy of eating too much fat, check out some South Beach diet recipes and snacks.

I eat pizza when DH brings it home but I only eat the toppings and leave the bread behind.

There are a ton of recipes on low carb friends that are delicious. You can add a side of potatoes or rice or pasta for the family. I love chicken, steak or pork chops with a big salad for dinner. I just add a side for DH and he's a happy man.
January 5th, 2011, 09:52 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls I am back! I haven't been posting in here in forever because I am lazy I guess LOL, but I have been back to weight lifting for a few weeks now and no more eating crap! so here I am! I plan on starting a post where I can post progression pics, I have a goal to be bikini ready by our vacation in June, wish me luck LOL

sounds like you are all doing great!
January 5th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Hey!!

I want to be "one piece suit ready" by June. lol ! It's ridiculous to live in California and NEVER wear a swimsuit to the beach. This is the year!

Looking forward to your progression pics!
January 5th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
woot!

I am doing really well with the food - just need to excercise! I really should go up and down the stairs at work.

We are going to the beach in July for a family beach trip. We go every year with the in-laws (DH's parents, grandma, brother and his family) and this year cousins and THEIR cousins are going. All the women are really thin so this is really getting my butt in gear so I can wear a bikini, too!
January 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Cina I am sure based off your pics that you could rock a bikini! go for it mama!!

and Erin maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle and bikini shop together LOL, moral support is always needed when shopping for bathing suits!
January 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
Cina I am sure based off your pics that you could rock a bikini! go for it mama!!

and Erin maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle and bikini shop together LOL, moral support is always needed when shopping for bathing suits!
Ha! Those pics are from me from the side. I wouldn't dare post a front shot of the mess I have going on my stomach. Can we say tummy tuck?!
January 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
ha, well you look pretty good to me! 2 kids really does a number on a body though I know that much! who knew? LOL
January 5th, 2011, 12:51 PM
3 kids really does a number that is for sure!

My goal is to be some kind of swim suit ready by summer. We are going to my home town for a visit (DH has never been) and I haven't seen many of my relatives/friends there in ages. The beach is definately in the plan as is the water park so I have to be able to get into some kind of swimsuit.

After 2 days of eating hardly any carbs I made the mistake of having rice and potstickers for dinner last night. Ugh, had a horrible head ache, so I think I am going to try to not do that again. I am going to need to think of some easier dinners to modify for me that the family will eat. Tonight is turkey chili so that's an easy one. I will just skip the cornbread or have a tiny piece.

January 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Sounds like you are doing good to me! I get awful headaches when I eat an abundance of carbs. Occasionally it's worth it though. lol
January 5th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I think I am doing alright. I am getting a little bored of hard boiled eggs and cheese for breakfast and salads for lunch, but I will figure out something to mix it up next week.

January 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM
3 ingredient recipes - Low Carb Friends

Lowcarb Recipe Help & Suggestions - Low Carb Friends
January 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post

Hey, that sounds good to me! Finding a meeting spot in between PA and NC shouldn't be too hard! LOL

In reality, I will probably order online and face the misery in my own bathroom so nobody does this -
January 5th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
things are going well for me, so far.. it's day 4 & I have avoided potato chips - which are my big 'cannot say no to' food... I have exercised a total of 150 minutes in those 4 days - nothing serious, just some walking, walking on the spot while watching TV & Wii Fit.... BUT it's way more than i've done in years!!!!!!!!

food.. i won't bother mentioning because half of the stuff y'all probably don't know of but my big food goal this week is to not have potato chips, and so far so good. Walked right past them in the grocery store this morning

January 5th, 2011, 11:48 PM
WTG Emma! Walking is VERY good for you. Keep it up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search