Will I ever be skinny again =(

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2011, 03:26 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I literally need someone to spell it all out to me, write me up a meal planner or something, I just can't seem to get what I am supposed to eat and not eat. Even when someone spells it out to me... Gah.

rant over.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

January 5th, 2011, 09:50 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YOU WILL BE SKINNY AGAIN!!!

Not sure how, I don't have a real exact plan or anything, but you will get there.

The easiest thing I can think of to do it eat like you are, but only eat 1/2 of what you normally would. Cutting portions automatically cuts calories.

I'm working on a low-carb-ish thing that Cina recommended. Not sure that I am doing it totally right at the moment, but I do know that my intake of veggies has quadrupled, and my tummy doesn't seem as poochy. (Still has plenty of pooch, but just not quite as much) I am still working out how to make it work, though, so I don't have much in terms of direction at the moment.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know it's hard, Emma. You can do it. Do you want a less strict approach?
January 5th, 2011, 10:54 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's hard but you will be skinny again!! keep the faith mama and you can do it!
January 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpydrMnky27 View Post
I know it's hard, Emma. You can do it. Do you want a less strict approach?
No not at all its just like all the info you gave me I can't seem to like... if someone wrote me out a meal planner for instance I could follow it easy but if i have to work out what I'm supposed to eat for myself, I know that sounds stupid!

Could you give me just for example what you might eat just for one day? I was going to start body trim, but i don't know if I could eat so much meat...

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

January 5th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I've never heard of body trim. I'm going to check it out.

I can definitely give you an example meal plan. Let me work on it and I'll post it for you a little later. I'm going to give you examples of different plans. I'll have plans with more carbs and plans with less carbs.
January 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Ok I just looked it up. It sounds a lot like what I do.

How much meat do you have to eat on that plan?

I eat meat twice a day. Is that too much for you?
January 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Well on the plan every meal you have needs to be protein, from what I've gathered, you have an egg with one slice of bread in the morning or fruit then you can snack as often as needed as long as there is an hour between meals but it needs to be I think 100 g or it might of been 50 g of protein only, you can substitute with shakes but only 2 of the snacks. Lunch and dinner are some sort of meat and unlimited veg or salad. But for the first 3 days you have to eat only meat, I could do it but I get confused on what i should buy lol.

January 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
wow...nevermind, that's not what I do. That seems complicated. I like the things he wants you to eat but I don't get all the rules. lol

I'm going to help you figure something out. It might take me until tomorrow to get a good menu for you and a shopping list but I will do it. I enjoy it so even if you don't want it, I'm posting it anyway. lol

Really, all you need to do is stick to meat (chicken, beef, steak, porkchops, fish, or whatever you like to eat that is meat grill orbake it but don't deep fry it)

Eat fruit (I shy away from fruit in the beginning because of the sugar content but it's not completely necessary. You need to learn which ones have more of an impact on your blood sugar than the other. Generally, berries are your best option ( strawberries, blueberries, raspberries..etc. )

Eat vegetables (No potatoes or corn)-

No bread, rice or pasta. If you do eat it, try to eat it in the morning when you can burn it off but really try to limit it especially at dinner time.

Cook with olive oil or coconut oil or butter. Manypeople use canola oil and it's supposed to be healthy but it's dangerous at high temperatures.

Eats foods that are as close to nature as possible. Try to eat organic ( I can't always afford this but when I can, I do)

Unless you are eating grass fed beef and organic chicken, it's suggested that you take some form of fish oil to keep your omega 3:6 ratio in better balance.

I'm sure there's a million more things I can add but I will stop here and get to work on the menu and see if I can find some links for you that are easier to understand. I know it's complicated but it will get easier and less overwhelming.
January 5th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Thank you sooooooooooo much Cina!! I appreciate it so much.

so we don't eat THAT much starchy carbs so this shouldn't be too hard. I think the hard thing will be cutting the bread and potatoes but it won't be too hard. As lons as I can have a slice of whole meal in the morning I shouldn't get too monstrous We take omega-3 supplements now as well as a multi vitamin though I've been slacking. Our main problem is pop/soda/soft drink but once again it shouldn't be too hard to give up I've done it before.

We never eat corn or carrots because Chris read somewhere its not good for you, but you didn't mention carrots, do you eat them?

I always cook with light olive oil, so thats no problem too...

Oh and do you do protein shakes? if so what would you recommend for a woman?

January 5th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Wanted to add that this is how I eat and lose weight. I don't want anyone to feel like they can't post their suggestions. This is just my advice. There are many ways to lose weight.
January 5th, 2011, 05:34 PM
well it definitely seems to work Oh and I know this is probably going to sounds silly, but does DH eat what you eat? I think since Chris has the same goals as Joe so whatever advice you give us will suit us really well if that makes sense.

January 5th, 2011, 05:50 PM
I forget my vitamins all the time. lol

I eat carrots but they are a little higher in sugar but I don't worry about it. I like them in stew or dipped in ranch. I don't eat a ton of them so it's fine.

DH does eat what I eat when he needs to watch his weight, whether it be for an upcoming fight or he wants his abs to show more. He works out a lot and is just blessed genetically so he can get a way with eating more junk type of foods. (his brother and sister are heavier but he's always been in shape so I don't credit it to low carb but he definitely cuts weight for a fight this way)

I drink protein shakes all the times. I am out of powder right now and it's killing me. I love my shakes. I make green shakes (lots of spinach) so I can get my veggies out of the way for the day. It gives me a burst of energy in the morning. It's fun to experiment with different ingredients too. I do like them plain also. It's a nice easy way to get in a meal.
January 5th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Oh so you make your own? Chris just buys powder, hes on like 3 different shakes at the moment.

January 5th, 2011, 05:54 PM
We buy the big tub of powder but mix in different things like peanut butter or veggies, berries, aloe vera juice (gross but great for you), coconut oil and other things I can't think of at the moment. lol
January 6th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Cina! THANK YOU for post #9!! Totally clarified it for me. And except for the carbs that I am still eating at dinner it sounds like I have it pretty much. I just need more variety - which you also helped with in the other thread Protien powder is on my list of things to get this weekend.

January 6th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_it_is View Post
Cina! THANK YOU for post #9!! Totally clarified it for me. And except for the carbs that I am still eating at dinner it sounds like I have it pretty much. I just need more variety - which you also helped with in the other thread Protien powder is on my list of things to get this weekend.
You're welcome! I hope it gets easier and you can get more creative with it so you don't get bored. Check out a recipe for oopsie rolls. I think you can just google it. I use it in place of bread for burgers, BLT sandwiches and anything that requires bread really. They are yummy but take a few times to get it right. I make french toast out of them too and that is SOOOOO good.
January 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I'm so excited to start this more healthy eating approach!

January 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Cina, those sound yummy. I am going to have to try them this weekend.

January 6th, 2011, 09:08 PM
If you both start feeling pretty tired and sluggish, that's normal. You're body is just adjusting and you will feel great soon. Don't give up!!

Emma, I'm still working on your example menu. I'll get it done as soon as I can. My 4 year is sick yet again so I've been babying him all day. Hopefully the SugarfeeSheila site gave you some ideas though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search