Im joining here :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2011, 03:04 AM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies Ive never been one for healthy eating or exercise but its my newyears resolution to get myself toned up. Not quite sure how to start though. Ive been reading some of the other threads and it sounds like you ladies know what your talking about. Me on the other hand knows nothing. what 'carbs' are or protein and so on LOL (yes i am REALLY that clueless) I would like to start eating healthy as well. Im giving up coke which i literally drink all day every day. I dont like water though.
I walk at nights once my older two are in bed and carry Xavier for me 'weights' (lol) with my SIL we do about 1/2 to 45 mins worth a night unless its raining. So far we have managed to do 6/7 days. ANY advice for a complete noob would be super helpful!!

January 7th, 2011, 05:10 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi welcome to the board Jessa!! Carbs are things like pasta and bread, they pack on the lbs quickly and cause me to be very sluggish! Protein are things like meat, eggs and cheese and will give you energy without the extra calories and bulk. it helps create lean muscle. Cina is the expert on the low carb diet! I basically followed a low carb diet with both of my pregnancies because I had GD and carbs are also full of sugars so with GD carbs are a no go, I can tell you the diet works! I only gained just over 20lbs with both of my pregnancies because of that diet! I am not really a dieter either but I don't eat crap like cakes, cookies, soda, sugary stuff etc. I mostly lift weights in an attempt to build muscle and tone. walking is a great start so stick with it! to really tone up I would add in some light hand weights, squats for your butt and sit ups for your belly. once you get in a routine it will just become part of your day! Good luck! I am sure Cina and some of the others can help you with a diet plan if you are interested!
January 7th, 2011, 09:46 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cutting out the Coke should help a lot!! You don't have to do a low carb diet, that's just how I shed the weight and keep it off.

Hopefully others can share their diet success tips too.
January 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
Hi welcome to the board Jessa!! Carbs are things like pasta and bread, they pack on the lbs quickly and cause me to be very sluggish! Protein are things like meat, eggs and cheese and will give you energy without the extra calories and bulk. it helps create lean muscle. Cina is the expert on the low carb diet! I basically followed a low carb diet with both of my pregnancies because I had GD and carbs are also full of sugars so with GD carbs are a no go, I can tell you the diet works! I only gained just over 20lbs with both of my pregnancies because of that diet! I am not really a dieter either but I don't eat crap like cakes, cookies, soda, sugary stuff etc. I mostly lift weights in an attempt to build muscle and tone. walking is a great start so stick with it! to really tone up I would add in some light hand weights, squats for your butt and sit ups for your belly. once you get in a routine it will just become part of your day! Good luck! I am sure Cina and some of the others can help you with a diet plan if you are interested!
diet plan would be good. Although im not quite sure how to go about it. We dont have a lot of money so a cheapo version would be good lol

January 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
momma23girls's Avatar and one little boy!!
I am following the principles of the South Beach diet, which is low carb, and also weight watchers-- sort of. I really need to make a commitment to one. I want a diet that allows wine and cheese..... anyone?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search