Rash is gone...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
So Ashlyn's rash slowly progressed up her body and is now gone on her legs & going away on her upper body. I haven't bothered trying to figure out what was up with that because now I'm left with this:

Sorry if the quality isn't good...took it on my phone. I'll see if I can get a better one on the camera.

So if you remember from my last post, she started out having patches of dry skin. well these are the patches but they didn't look ANYTHING like this before the rash. Each red patch is a bunch of little raised bumps when before it was flat and light pink.

This pic is the bad leg...the other one just has less patches. I called the doc and was told I could come in on Monday for them to look at it. what should I do until then? I feel bad for her because they itch when her skin gets dry so i put lotion on it but I hope that's not making it worse.

January 8th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Bad leg yesterday morning (looking normal)
IMG_2213.jpg picture by Qtpie112784 - Photobucket

Bad leg now
IMG_2214.jpg picture by Qtpie112784 - Photobucket

Good leg now
IMG_2215.jpg picture by Qtpie112784 - Photobucket

January 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
It looks like eczema to me. Kaija gets patches like the every so often and she's had eczema since birth almost! I also get it on occasion and it looks like that. We use Aquaphilic on it on the recommendation of our Dr. You can get it at Walmart. It's super thick and it's almost like greasing your baby, but it works great!
January 8th, 2011, 11:16 AM
:/ that stinks. I was hoping she wouldn't have it. I know my niece & nephew are all messed up from their eczema. My mom has it. I know Eric doesn't nor does his family and if I have it I've never had an outbreak.

I know nothing about eczema really...does it go away if I lube her up enough? should I change all her products to more natural stuff? right now i'm using mainly baby magic with the exception of j&j night time bath & now aveeno baby lotion

January 8th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We talked to our pedi about this last week because Rachel has the same thing on her belly and back. She said it looks like baby eczema caused because the air is colder and dryer and babies don't really produce oil to help moisturize their skin. We use aquafor and this other stuff that's actually called "baby eczema cream" (you can get it at target and walmart). Our pedi also said we could put some cortisone on it to help with the redness but I haven't done that yet...the ointments seem to be slowly working. She also said that just because a baby gets it doesn't mean they'll have full blown eczema later.

Last edited by taralyn; January 8th, 2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: because I can't type... :)
January 8th, 2011, 01:00 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I had a random, full body, outbreak at 25 and haven't had it that bad since. It was weird. Anyway...

You'll want to use SUPER mild creams. The Aveeno is good but I'd cut out the Baby Magic and the J&J. Anything with perfumes in it can aggravate the skin. For some reason our Dr. told us to stay away from Aquaphor, I have no idea why. That's why we use the Aquaphilic. But I know most people use Aquaphor and it works great. With Kaija I had been using the J&J nighttime stuff with lavender and our Dr. told us specifically not to use that, sadly.
January 8th, 2011, 01:22 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I agree to cut out the scented bath soaps. It really irritates Lily's skin. Aveeno has a eczema baby wash that we used all the time. I have gotten small patches of eczema from time to time from stress or the cold dry air in winter. Lily gets really bad patches year round and a lot during the summer. You might also want to stick to natural materials for her clothing. If she already has sensitive skin, polyester can irritate that.
January 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
My DS has eczema, and we use the tub version of Cetaphil. When his gets bad (red instead of skin colored), we do use cortizone to cut down on the itching and irritation.
Caroline - November '12

January 8th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd use the cortisone and Cetaphil also. They have a new cortisone cream out that's supposed to be made for eczema so it's more moisturizing. I can't think of the brand but it's in a red box/tube. I saw it last month when Mason had a rash and I was looking for cream for him.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search