Another question for you Iphone users...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you ever have a problem with your Iphone's WiFi connection?

We have a Wireless network in our house. Dh and I both got the Samsung Captivate phone. It's supposed to have WiFi but they have a really unstable connection. Half the time they won't connect at all and when they do they disconnect constantly. I returned mine yesterday and I'm ordering an Iphone. In the meantime though I read that while a Captivate is supposed to work on b/g or N networks in reality it only works on B, G Or N. You have to have a router that transmits only one of those signals and not all 3. I can't set my router to just one signal so I'm wondering if the Iphone will still work?

The only network the Captivate picks up well is the At&T mobile hot spots. I even took mine to the school with me and the lady that's over the school's computer technology looked at it and she could get it to find the school's network but it refused to connect. Now I think Dh is going to return his also and get an Iphone. But we want to make sure they connect well first.

So do you guys have any problems with your Wifi?

January 9th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sometimes i cant get 3g in my bedroom... but i can still get on anywhere in my house and in most places around my town

January 9th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't think of a place where I have difficulty connecting if WiFi is available. Most of the time I don't connect to wireless networks though, I just use the 3G.

January 9th, 2011, 02:02 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never had a problem....ever! But, like Shannon, I use 3G a lot over wifi even though wifi can be faster. I don't notice a difference and turning wifi off on your phone is one way to save battery.

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 10th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well since they don't offer unlimited data plans anymore we try to use Wifi as much as possible, you know?

Dh finally decided he's taking his phone back also. So we'll both be getting an Iphone 4.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search