Baby Einstein DVDs?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Do your LOs watch TV or DVDs yet? We were given some Baby Einstein DVDs but I haven't had a chance to watch any of them to see what's on them. I mean I'm generally familiar with the whole Baby Einstein pitch but are they age appropriate for our LOs or are they intended for a bit older? Obviously they're not going to just sit and watch but is it time to start putting these on in the background for Jamie or should I save them for a while? He has some other DVDs but they're more cartoons for when he is older. I don't really bother with any regular kiddie tv yet. I am looking forward to Sesame Street though :-)

January 9th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Vi doesn't watch TV on purpose, but she's occasionally focused on it when Lily is watching a show. I try to limit that though. I remember after having Lily I swore no TV until she was older than 2, but then I got pregnant with Vi and when Lily was about 17 months I started letting her watch so I could get a 30 minute break.

Baby Einstein is for babies, but I think some older babies/toddlers like it as well. I've only seen one once and it was a 5 month old watching it. I know Baby Einstein was sued for saying it was educational when it's not and they can't say that anymore and people were able to send their DVDs back for cash. I'm in the group that thinks TV in moderation at a certain age is okay, but for me that won't be for a while.

Oh, and Sesame Street is awesome! One of the highlights of my week is the days I watch it with Lily. Reminds me of my childhood every time!

January 9th, 2011, 12:25 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Charlie doesn't watch TV on purpose yet. We have all the DVDs though. My older 3 are only allowed to watch TV sparingly because they got to a point where all they wanted to do was watch TV and I was finding it alarming.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 9th, 2011, 12:30 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
Alexa LOVES baby einstein I will put her in her jumperoo and put that on her dvd player (we got her a portable one for christmas) and she is glued to it she dont jump or anything she sits there and will watch the whole thing and when its done she will start playin again lol (sometimes she falls asleep in her jumperoo watching it) but yeah she loves them I have tried other dvds like winged migration by nat geo and a christmas light one but she dont care for those but as soon as baby Einstein comes on she is glued

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 9th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't really do TV here either. Aiden will watch one half hour show about every other day, sometimes less. I bought a few Baby Einstein DVD's at a garage sale and I thought they were pretty worthless; Gavin doesn't pay the least bit of attention to it and they are way too baby-ish for my toddler. When Aiden was about a year and a half (when Gav was born) was when he started actually paying attention to TV.

For entertainment value if I need to do something in another room... my boys have done better in their pack and play with a toy and some music playing.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 9th, 2011, 01:44 PM
HarpersMomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought a VHS at our library book sale for Harper about 2 months ago. It is the Baby MacDonald one. She LOVES it. She even does the "e i e i o" with them and I was able to record her singing with it. So for Christmas, since we were keeping it very simple for Harper, that's what we told relatives they could buy her if they wanted. She ended up getting 4 DVDs: two music ones and two more animal ones. She watches them for a few minutes at a time while she plays; long enough for me to fix breakfast or lunch, use the bathroom, or something else that's really quick. There are different levels to them so they are intended for different ages. I think the level 2 ones are for 9 months and up. I don't think they're wonderful or anything like that, but I like to see Harper get excited about the colors or animals or whatever. And we can sing songs together and I can point out things to her while we watch it. But I'm like the other ladies. I don't really care for TV. We don't watch TV shows and there are just a few videos, Baby Einstein included, that I do allow Harper to watch right now.

So, if you're looking for something that might interest your baby for a few minutes at a time, this might be something to look into. But I would try to find them used because they are pretty expensive if your baby doesn't care for them!

January 10th, 2011, 06:54 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Addisyn doesn't watch t.v. unless it's baby einstein and I totally serious! She loves loves loves the puppets and we have every dvd. Her grammy gave them to her as a 'love' gift! ha! Noah's Ark is one of her favorites followed by My First Signs. I've tried to put on Elmo and she'll watch it for about 3minutes and loose interest. I put in the DVD for baby Einstein and she'll watch almost the whole video.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search