A bunch of random questions (brushing teeth, nail polish) etc.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? In my Newborn/Parenting mag it said that you can begin as early as six months.

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes?

3.) If you have (or pretend you need to have) a double stroller, would you prefer the ones that have it so the infant carrier can face you and the older child can face out OR would you prefer both babies to face out?

**I enjoyed looking at the diva when we would take stroller walks when she was a NB and I can't find any strollers that will do both--only totally seperate systems**

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes?

January 9th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. I don't.... but i really should. I'm thinking about getting those teeth wipe things

2. n/a

3. I would probably get something like this

Amazon.com: Graco Quattro Tour Duo Stroller, Brunswick: Baby

Carseat could go in front or back and i think i like that

January 9th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? Nope, not yet. I think we started doing Aiden's at a year...Gav's barely got any teeth to speak of though!

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes? No help here, sorry

3.) Double stroller This is the one we have. The boys love it cause they can see/play with/talk to each other easily.

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes? Haha. In my case, never? We're about to potty train Aiden and I get "NO DIAPER! NO WIPES!" and have to hold his legs so I don't get an unsolicited rhinoplasty courtesy of his foot, every time I change him. But I'm sure Aly will eventually be a total angel for you

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? Nope, not yet. i started with my older DS at about 10-11 months. i'll start soon.

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes? no idea

3.) If you have (or pretend you need to have) a double stroller, would you prefer the ones that have it so the infant carrier can face you and the older child can face out OR would you prefer both babies to face out?
I have a graco quattro duo tour one.. I liked it and both kids liked it. I put Luke in his car seat in the back one so he could see me. once he got to about 5 months, i started sticking him right in the seat which he liked because he could look around. it's big, but it worked..

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes? hmmm.. My older DS had a good time from about 18 months to Two yrs. every other time has been a struggle. luckily he's potty trained now, but still hates getting dressed

January 9th, 2011, 09:27 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
1. We started just a couple of weeks ago. Seemed easier to just do both at once instead of trying to figure out what to do with L while brushing M's teeth.

2. I know I've seen polish on Baby Half-off. Check and see if they have any in their archives?

3. I have the graco quattro tour duo, in red and grey, and love it. I loved that I could put L in the front and let DS fall asleep in the back that reclined fully. I have a jeep one that lets them sit side by side, but I haven't taken them anywhere yet in it. I use the front to back one when shopping since it fit between racks better. I won't lie, it is heavy, but it fits fine in either of our cars.

4. n/a - sorry.
Caroline - November '12

January 9th, 2011, 09:49 PM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
I don't brush her teeth but once I locate her toothbrush I will start
Natural Non-Toxic Nail Polish : Piggy Paint
I can't even begin to think about double strollers lol
No help here...I want to know this myself lol

January 9th, 2011, 10:15 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? No, but I really should start. In fact I need to be better about brushing Kaija's teeth, too.

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes? BHO has Piggy Paint sets every few months. Sign up for the emails and Like them on Facebook! But it's not very expensive anyway.

3.) If you have (or pretend you need to have) a double stroller, would you prefer the ones that have it so the infant carrier can face you and the older child can face out OR would you prefer both babies to face out? We didn't have a double when Kolbie was in her carrier. Then we got a used Evenflo one that didn't go with our Graco carseat, so it didn't matter. I almost always used my Ergo for Kolbie and an umbrella stroller for Kaija and still do if I can.

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes? Never. As soon as you think you've got a handle on it, she'll discover she "can do it BY MY SELF!" and it's a whole 'nother fight. Really though, we also had a good stretch from about 18 months to 2 years.
January 9th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? She has no teeth yet. I know I'm supposed to still be wiping her gums...but I'm not...

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes? I know it's been discussed on here before but I don't know myself!

I have the Phil & Ted - both face out though as a newborn/toddler system, the newborn section lays flat so I did put the baby facing me but as soon as that is zipped up to upright (when baby is 4 to 6 months old I guess), they're both forward facing. Even though I never had it, I would have loved one that faced toward me. Otherwise though - LOVE the Phil & Ted - it's narrow and streamlined, easy to wheel around and you don't FEEL like you're carting two babies in it, as opposed to limousine type strollers that are long and look difficult to manipulate on and off curbs, or the really wide type where the babies sit next to each other and you struggle to fit through checkouts in shops!

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes? That's probably a while away unfortunately!!!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
January 10th, 2011, 07:21 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? In my Newborn/Parenting mag it said that you can begin as early as six months. No teeth yet

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes? I have some Zoya polish that is non-toxic

3.) If you have (or pretend you need to have) a double stroller, would you prefer the ones that have it so the infant carrier can face you and the older child can face out OR would you prefer both babies to face out? I considered the Graco Quattro that Sam posted but Lily ended up not wanting to ride anymore. My SIL gave me a smaller Graco double stroller but the storage is tight so i never used it.

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes? Lily was great from about 12 months until recently when she doesn't like what I pick out for her to wear
January 10th, 2011, 07:48 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? I bought the toothbrush and the gum/teeth cleanser - but I forget too.

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes? Piggy paint!

3.) If you have (or pretend you need to have) a double stroller, would you prefer the ones that have it so the infant carrier can face you and the older child can face out OR would you prefer both babies to face out? I never liked them. My older two are 17 months apart. I would just always wear the baby and push the older one. Or I would always have someone with me and have them push one of the strollers (I had an umbrella one for the oldest). So I am like no help on this one.

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes? They never stop fighting. I have two almost teens and that is a whole other battle. Even my 7 year fights us about what to wear. I swear there is more drama with that one then my dd.

January 10th, 2011, 08:01 AM
lauriebeth's Avatar mommy to Riley Grace
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? In my Newborn/Parenting mag it said that you can begin as early as six months. Started today! Riley looked confused, but didn't put up a fight.

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes?I have no idea, but I'd like to. The thought of trying to paint her nails, though, makes me laugh. We'd have nail polish everywhere at this point, I think.

3.) If you have (or pretend you need to have) a double stroller, would you prefer the ones that have it so the infant carrier can face you and the older child can face out OR would you prefer both babies to face out? I love how the infant carrier faces me... but it seems like that would be good while you have an itty bitty baby. Later, it might be nice to have them side by side. My SIL has an almost 2 year old and a 3 year old and she likes it side by side.

**I enjoyed looking at the diva when we would take stroller walks when she was a NB and I can't find any strollers that will do both--only totally seperate systems**

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes? no idea... I always give Riley a clean diaper or some little toy to play with... that really helps except sometimes she gets so excited she's kicking her legs and flailing her arms.

Thank you Meganpixel for my adorable siggy!

For crocheted hats and hair accessories visit *Daisy Cottage Designs* on Etsy!
January 10th, 2011, 10:32 AM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
lol, I was going to say Piggy Paint but it's expensive! To me anyway!

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns
January 10th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? In my Newborn/Parenting mag it said that you can begin as early as six months. I've been rubbing her gums with a washcloth to clean them since birth and now she has a little toothbrush and teeth cleanser that I use.

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes? Piggy paint is my recommendation as well!

3.) If you have (or pretend you need to have) a double stroller, would you prefer the ones that have it so the infant carrier can face you and the older child can face out OR would you prefer both babies to face out? We have a Sit 'n Stand Double. You can take out the back seat and it's a platform for the older child to stand on. At first we had Vi in the back seat because you can have her face you in her infant carrier and Lily rode in the front seat. Now Vi is in the front and Lily stands on the back platform. One of my SILs bought it for us. I would have bought the Baby Jogger City Select Double if I hadn't received the other one as a gift. The City Select lets you face the baby towards you, both kids towards each other, facing away from each other, etc. There's something like 16 different combos for how they can sit.

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes? Lily fought diaper changes until she potty trained at 17.5 months, but has always been good about putting on clothes. Sometimes she wants to pick her own clothes but I hang everything by outfit so I just pull 2 outfits and she gets to choose between those. Vi fights a lot and I'm hoping she stops soon.

January 10th, 2011, 05:52 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. she got a toothbrush set from Santa...we haven't used it yet
2. I've always just used regular polish for my girls' toes...they never put their toes in their mouths. I don't paint their fingers until they stop puttinjg them in their mouth.
3. We have a Sit N Stand stroller. I really like it, but I wouldn't reccomend it for a while...I don't think Kinley would have liked it before the age of 2.5. She is the one that is standing--the infant seat can go on the front and then when they get older they can sit in it like a regular stroller.
4. once they get a little older and they can "help" you with diaper changes....for example they go get the diaper/wipes for you and they help put their clothes on then they don't fight you as much lol so probably around 15 months or so

January 10th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1.) Are you brushing your hunnie's teeth yet? Yep we've been using just a baby toothbrush and water for a few weeks. It's hysterical and she loves it! I went to the dentist today, and he said that you should start brushing as soon as possible to get them used to having something in their mouth. He also said to bring her in whenever, so that she'll start to get used to the dentist and check for any problems.

2.) Where can I find non-toxic nail polish for the diva's toes? Piggy Paint! I just use regular polish on Livi's...she doesn't put her toes in her mouth. Haven't done her nails and like Dondra I pry won't until she doesn't suck her fingers.

Notta clue!!

4.) At what age do our babies stop fighting with us when it comes to diaper changes and putting on clothes? Again...notta clue!

January 10th, 2011, 08:09 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't remember when we started brushing Jack's teeth - prob around a year? I think I'll pick up a little brush for Arch next time I'm at Target though and get him started a bit earlier.

DH won't go for nailpolish -- ha ha! No help from me.

We have the Bob doulie - I think it might be a revolution? can't remember. I went around and around about double strollers. In the end, I decided that I would be more likely to use it to jog and didn't want to get two, so I got the Bob. I really like it and used it a TON last summer. It has an adaptation kit to make it compatible with most of the infant carriers and then when done, you can remove the added on things and they sit next to each other. I've only used it at the mall one time and it is not the easier to manuever through doors and doesn't fit in the aisles of all stores, but I knew that I wouldn't realistically take them shopping often and for our needs it fit. I kind of wish I had a sit and stand - I know a lot of people who really like that.

Arch is still ok for diaper changes, but I think Jack started becoming a floppy little bugger around 10 or 11 months. It lasted a LOOOONNNGGGG time. sorry for the not very promising news. Jack is still in diapers ("NO sit on the potty" he tells me right after announcing that he is going to poop -- ugh!!!) and he is usually good about getting changed now, but it wasn't until sometime last summer maybe that he started being more cooperative. fun times.
January 11th, 2011, 07:24 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1) Yep, started as soon as the two bottom ones came out. We figured if she gets used to it now, she won'T fight it later since it will be all she's used to. Pedi said as soon as she has teeth, we can brush 'em, so we did. She LOVES it! DH brushes her teeth while I brush mine at the same time, so she loves to brush her teeth with mommy. And she usually takes it upstairs to her room and chews on it while we put her diaper and PJs on, keeps her occupied.

2) No clue, but I also want to find some...

3) No clue either...but I think I'd prefer one with the NB facing in and the older baby facing out probably.

4) Ugh! I was really hoping you'd get some encouraging answers here from BTDT moms but it looks like I will also have to keep fighting with Miss D on these since she no longer wants anything to do with diaper changes. I'm hoping to start toying with the idea of the potty around her 1st birthday, and as soon as she shows interest, we'll start trying it out and hopefully she'll pick it up fast. I think whenever they show interest on their own, is the best time to introduce something, so whenever she seems to want to ''pretend potty'' when mommy goes to the bathroom, we'll start trying. We'll see...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search