Van/SUV ladies

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Tell me about your vehicle! Once i secure the job, hopefully in the next month or so or if not then by June for sure (see post in umbrella if you want deets on that) dh and i will probably be looking for a larger vehicle. We have a Buick Lasabre now that we got for free when my grandparents died which is okay... but just too small for us. We have to rent cars whenever we go on trips with just M, my step daughter and the dog and thats just really annoying to be wasting all that money. If we're able to have a second baby we'll definitely need something so we might as well get something sooner rather then later. So anyway, tell me what you have and what you like or dislike!

Not sure if we'll be going used or brand new and we wont have a ton of money to spend but all opinions are welcome!

January 10th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 2009 Ford Escape - which I love! The passenger seat did have to be moved forward a little to fit the carseat behind the seat - but oh well. Now that we are thinking of baby 2 in the future - I kind of wish I had gotten an Explorer for the extra room.

January 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a Subaru Outback. It is without a doubt the best car in the world. lol. Seriously, I would give my left arm to be able to have a Subaru for the rest of my life. Okay, that might be a bit extreme but you get the point...I am loyal to my Sub! The Forrester is super nice too, and a little bigger than the Outback... and my DREAM car that I WILL have someday is the Tribeca. Amazing. They come with a third row, too...win.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 10th, 2011, 12:28 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last Feb. we bought a used Ford Expedition. I LOVE IT! We have four kids and have plenty on room. We even have room to everything and everybody when we shop. And the gas isn't too bad. And we have no problem with carseats either. Everything fits.

January 10th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a Toyota Rav4 which fits 2 kids (with carseats) quite nicely. But if we have baby #3 we'll need a bigger car for sure and I'm looking into the Subaru Tribeca, Chevy Traverse, Honda Pilot, and Honda Odyssey.

January 10th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last year I bought a used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. I love it because it has plenty of room, it's low to the ground so it's easy to get the kids in and out and it gets 20 miles to the gallon.

January 10th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
We have a Toyota Rav4 which fits 2 kids (with carseats) quite nicely. But if we have baby #3 we'll need a bigger car for sure and I'm looking into the Subaru Tribeca, Chevy Traverse, Honda Pilot, and Honda Odyssey.
Yeah girl! Let's go Tribeca shopping together, lol.

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm almost certain we will be getting a 2011 or 2012 Odyssey this time next year. I think I am just going to spend the money for the Touring model, pay it off quick, and then drive it for years.
January 10th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have the 2011 Toyota sienna and love it!!! the sliding doors and trunk area amazing- the new odessy looks pretty nice too. i swore i would never drive a mini but i do love it! yes i am that mom!! lol
January 10th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So far i really like the Sienna and Odyssey for vans... SUV's there are just SO many to look at!

January 10th, 2011, 02:02 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I have an 04 Acura MDX. Love it! I got it before kids and it's now paid off. I have never had a problem with it even after so long and 120k+ miles on it. The two carseats fit next to each other without a problem and we can still have our front seats as far back as we need (DH and I are both tall). It has a folding third row as well, but we rarely use it. I've ridden back there for a day trip one time. It wasn't awful but it's really better suited for kids that aren't in carseats. The storage in the back is great too as long as the third row is folded down.

If we do have another child, we'll have to get something bigger with a permanent third row. I refuse to drive a minivan
January 10th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a 06 Honda Pilot and I love it! It can fit 8. I currentlly dont use the 3rd row seat. And there is soo much room back there. I have two strollers back there and there is still a lot of room left.
January 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Right now we have a 2007 Grand Caravan and I do love it. Our lease is up in Aug and then we will look at the Toyota Sienna and if we don't like it we'll probably go back to a Caravan. I love the sto n go seats and how much room there is.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a 2005 KIA Sorento---I've had it for 6 years and I love it!! My mom has the same car and still loves hers too! I bought it brand new for about $26,000--the more expensive one with the sun roof and other features so they aren't badly priced! It seats 5 comfortably with tons of storage space in the back. We have 2 car seats next to each other and someone can still fit on the other seat comfortably.

The next car I want is the GMC Acadia--since it has another row of seating. But we won't be buying a new car again---you can get used cars just as nice as new ones for a LOT cheaper! We just bought DH a used Toyota Tundra 2008 for $18,000 (they are like $30,000+ new) with only 26,000 miles on it and it looks brand new!

January 10th, 2011, 05:13 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lincoln Navigator. It has 3 rows of seats, so 7 seats total. The last row can be folded down for extra trunk room, and there is a nice amount of trunk room already. Leather seats and heated seats, very nice on the inside and roomy.
January 10th, 2011, 06:21 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got an SUV a few months ago. I got a 04 Honda Pilot. I really like it, and it has optional 3rd row seating. When the seats are down the back is huge! Plenty of room for the stroller and groceries. I used to have a Honda Civic for 6 years and had no problems at all. I def recommend a Honda.

[IMG][/IMG]

January 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have an 08 ford edge- love it!

Courtney-you are driving my dream car!!!!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've always been very anti minivan (I drive a 6 speed civic Si for reference,) but I bow totally want one. I want a third baby in the next three years and with 3 kids in carseats we will need a permanent third row. I looked at the Pilot with the 3rd row up and there just isnt very much room for storage. I don't want to have to drive a Yukon XL to get 3 rows plus storage so minivan it is. I'm going to console myself by buying the highest trim level....if I have to drive a van I'm going to do it in style!
January 11th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a Jeep Commander and before that I had an Envoy XL. They both have the third row, but the Envoy had more room......man I miss it We never use the third row though. We put the seat down and use the extra room for our double stroller, groceries, etc. My husband has a Yukon XL and it has room galore, but...it's HUGE!

Good luck

Ditto Dondra...we looove the new Acadia's!!!!!!

January 11th, 2011, 09:33 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^The Acadias are soooo nice!!! We just have to wait a few more years to find some used ones for a little cheaper! haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search