So...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 10th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is there anything i can do to help m learn how to crawl or walk? I try everything i can think of and nothing seems to work... or is this just something he has to figure out on his own? I know, i know... babies learn at different paces and i'm not trying to rush him but he actually does WANT to crawl he gets frustrated that he can't get what he wants. He's an AMAZINGLY fast roller... and can basically get to what he wants that way but i can tell he's ready to move on to the next phase he just can't get it together if that makes sense.

January 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
I would tell alexa to watch me and would crawl infront of her so she could see how its done and also when she would try I would kinda hold her hips up so there was less weight for her to bare and she learned really fast (she was crawling at 4 and a half months) but it was only about a week maybe two weeks after I started doing that when she started to crawl...can he get on all 4's cause that is when I started workin with alexa was once she got on all fours and started doing the rocking thing

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 10th, 2011, 02:52 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It may just be something he has to figure out on his own, but it wouldn't hurt to try play dates with babies of similar age so he can watch them crawl. My niece wouldn't walk even at 15 months and you could tell she was frustrated (banging her head on the floor during a tantrum pretty much tipped us off). After a trip to visit some relatives where there were young children, she took her first step and was walking in no time.
January 10th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmm, interesting idea! Most of the babies we know around here are younger then him so they arent crawling yet either but we do know someone with a 2 year old.... hm

January 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My God son skipped crawling all together and walked his first step a little after his birtday. Otherwise we got Addisyn motivated to learn herself by placing a toy that she absolutely loves or the cat (which she loves as well) in front of her in close range but not arms length. Then it made her work to move and get what she wanted. I didn't take it away from her to move more. I rewarded her for making just 1 inch move and gave her the toy, then try again in about 1/2 hour.

HTH, otherwise he'll just do it on his own
January 10th, 2011, 03:24 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girl! I want to know this too. Because Jaxon has NO interest.

And we have tried the toy in front of him too which just ticks him off.

January 10th, 2011, 03:34 PM
sweatshirtgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
just be thankful he's not getting into tons of trouble by crawling, lol! I'm glad Liz hasn't quite gotten it yet. We do try the toy in front of her trick and it helps. She brings her knees under her and kind of jumps like a frog. But yah, one day it will just click and he will just take off on you.

Visit my etsy store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/drurylanedesigns
January 10th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The toy in front of him does motivate him, but his main issue is he gets up on his arms, then tries to push off with his legs but is clearly doing something wrong because he ends up flipping himself over instead of going forward! Sigh...

January 10th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Livi has NO clue what to do with her legs. We try the toy thing, I've even sat arms length away with a boob hangin' out! Those legs trip her up. She now will try and stand up on the sofa using us, and she gets her arms and hands doing what they need to be doing but can't quite figure out the bottom half...

January 10th, 2011, 09:16 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
I also would move alexa's legs for her and she would move her arms and that helped her get the concept of what to do

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Will he stay in the hands and knees position? DS (who is exactly a year older than Mikey) started crawling shortly after his first birthday. His OT had us put him in hands and knees position, and then put our hands behind his feet to give him something to push off of. Yes, there was a motivating toy in front of him, but it was our hands helping to give him an idea of what his feet needed to do.

Also, DS started walking just after 18 months which is when children get to go to nursery in our church, so there were tons of older kids walking around. He had been standing in the middle of rooms for a month or two, but 2 weeks of being around those kids and walking just came. He didn't want to be the only crawling one.
Caroline - November '12

January 11th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Shannon! Bahahahaha.....I love that you've tried bribing livi with a boob!!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search