We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
This list shows who will be mailing to you (ie: who will have your address) and who you will be mailing to. I tried to organize it from DC to northeast to northwest then southwest to southeast...then Christina will send to our buddies in Canada...then our buddies overseas
PLEASE let me know ASAP if any of this doesn't work for a certain person.
--we're adults, I feel silly calling them rules, but I basically compiled guidelines/ideas from other PR's for this, I want everyone to get their turn with her--
1. 1.You must agree to contact me (haydensmomma7407) if you decide not to participate at any point or decide not to stay on JM.
2. You must be committed to trying our best not to lose our mascot (it happens a lot in other PR's --just search mascot and read the stories, if you want) and to mailing it on to the next recipient.
3. You may mail Sweetpea however you (or your post office) feels is least expensive. I posted in the original thread that it will all fit in a flat rate box, which costs $4.95. The max anyone in the US would pay is $4.95 but if you prefer to ship by weight, you may do that too...whichever you feel is most convenient and least expensive. Another tip: if you use the FREE flat rate boxes, you can print the postage and arrange on USPS.com for your mailman to pick it up at your door Also, it is a wise idea to have a tracking number...I'm not making it mandatory because I know we're trying to keep shipping costs down, but I highly recommend it, if you are able.
4. You must be an active member...if you haven't posted in a week (or two) before your turn, you will be removed. Obviously life happens and things happen and we get busy so we're not holding anyone to this, but if you get busy and don't think you'll be able to mail it on, just PM me and we'll work something out.
5. If you receive Sweetpea and for some reason (financially, too busy, etc) for SOME reason cannot mail her on, PLEASE contact me and we'll work something out.
7. If you, or anyone in the household, is sick, PLEASE let us know so we can skip you and come back, we don't want to pass germs around. Also, if anyone gets sick, gets Sweetpea dirty, slobbers on her, a pet gets a hold of her, or she is around a smoking person, PLEASE sanitize/wash her AND notify me via PM. Some of our babies have certain allergies or health ailments that would be very harmful if exposed so PLEASE be mindful of our JM sisters and babies! When you receive her, please also try to wash/sanitize her for your own safety also.
8. Once Sweetpea arrives at your house, you can keep her UP TO one week and take AS MANY pictures with her as you'd like! Include her in all your families activities, it's fun! If you live near any cool landmarks or fun places, that always makes a neat picture! Otherwise, normal, everyday activities are fun too!
9. Once the journal and Sweetpea's travels are over, I will ask that Amie mail it back to me and I will scan and upload all the journal pages so that we each can print and have a copy of the journal.
10. Please do NOT put 3d stickers/embellishments in the journal. Only flat stickers, embellishments/pictures/writing....it will get too thick with much embellishing.
Washing/Sanitizing Instructions *Important to keep Sweetpea INTACT*
1. Fill your sink with HOT water and a SMALL amount of dishsoap
2. Allow Sweetpea to soak 5-10 mins
3. GENTLY remove Sweetpea from the water and press her between your hands to press the water out...do NOT squeeze, wring, or mis-shapen her. Yarn is delicate and if she loses her shape in the washing/drying process, she will not go back to her normal shape.
4. Allow her to dry completely in a dry location...make sure she retains her shape.
Place Sweetpea in a plastic bag then in your freezer for 24 hours. This will kill any living dustmites/allergens/most germs/etc.
Note: Please do NOT bleach or spray Sweetpea with ANYTHING--Sweetpea will probably be held, and hands go into mouths...it's that simple.
Okay ladies, this sounds like A LOT! If there are any questions, concerns, issues, etc. please PM me or post here! Otherwise, LET'S HAVE FUN with our TRAVELING SWEETPEA!
Last edited by mt23hc; February 17th, 2011 at 09:42 AM.
I'm not on the list but please don't put me on...I'm still on JM I just know I'd get it, never send it, at least not until summer. Maybe in summer I can get on the list? While Im working it's going to be too hard =( So in case you stuck me on somewhere, take me off for now, please!