Fever Question

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2011, 08:53 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
(I'm full of posts today!)

Kolbie woke up about an hour ago and I noticed as I was nursing her she was super warm. So I got the thermometer and her temp was 101.1. So not too high, but high enough. Last night I also noticed she was warm but didn't get the thermometer. She's in fleece footed jammies, has a fleece blanket over her, we're running a warm-mist humidifier in her room and the door is shut to her room so it stays warm in there. Plus her head is near the floor vent. DH thinks her temp is that because of everything I listed. I'm not so sure. What do you think? She didn't have a fever at all during the day and I checked a few times.

I should also note I use an ear thermometer. In case that matters. (Which I can never remember if it does or not)
January 11th, 2011, 08:59 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
is there a chance you can take her out of her room to play for an hour or so and see if she cools off that is what I do when I think it might be the room that is makin alexa to hot and if she doesn't seem to cool down then I will give her some tylenol but if she does then I know its just the room...hopefully its just the room or just a temp from teething

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 11th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It might add a little bit to her heat, but she probably has a bit of a fever anyway. You can always take her out of the room for a few minutes and see if she stays super warm. If she cools down then it's probably due to other variables, but if she stays warm then it's a fever for sure.

January 11th, 2011, 09:00 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
She those things wouldn't bring up her temperature that much. She legitimately has a fever. I typically don't give anything for fevers under 102, but that is only because my kiddos don't act any differently until then. If they acted uncomfortable, I'd give it to them earlier than that.

I'm sorry Kolbie is so uncomfortable. I hope you both get some sleep tonight.
Caroline - November '12

January 11th, 2011, 09:05 PM
The good thing is she's sleeping well still. But that's what I was thinking Alisha, plus she's not sweaty. If she was hot because of her jammies and blanket I'd think she'd be sweating. I don't usually give anything for fevers under 102 either. Our Dr. doesn't even want us to call until they're over 101 for a while. I did take her out of her room for a few minutes to see DH but I didn't want her to wake up too much. It didn't seem to make much difference. I'm going to take her blanket out for the night at the very least. And see if I can check her temp again, hopefully without waking her up.
January 11th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like it's a fever. I don't medicate if it's under 102 either. I would probably just wake a few times tonight and check her to see if it gets any higher.

January 11th, 2011, 10:13 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Still yick. I'll probably be up most of the night again (5th straight night) for sickness, which means I'll be hoping someone posts. I hope you get to sleep then. I read that most fevers peak at 2-4 am. You might want to check then.
Caroline - November '12

January 12th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nah she probably has a real fever. Didn't you say she's been sick lately?

January 12th, 2011, 05:50 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You mentioned earlier that Kolbie has been sick for a bit of time now right? From whatever Kaija had? I don't usually like to rush to the doc either with the kids but given the circumstances,maybe she does have soemthing that will need treated. I'd wait a day or so to see what happens (could she be getting teeth?) but then maybe I'd bring her in...
good luck. Please KUP on how she is..

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 12th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks ladies

At 11:30 it was 99.4 and this morning she felt warm but it was 98.6, which is actually a little high for us. She and I usually run in the high 97's. Luckily she slept great. I forgot to check her temp at 2:30 when she was up but she slept until 7 after that. Luckily both girls have well child checks tomorrow, nothing like taking a sick kid to one of those!

Oh, Angela, she did get a new tooth on New Year's Day and I think the opposite side one is trying to come in. So I guess that's possible, but she's never had this reaction when teething and this is her 8th tooth.
January 12th, 2011, 08:46 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Yeah I bet it was a bit of a fever. Abri woke me up because she was so restless and hot last night. She usually wears fleece pjs and sleeps under our covers no problem, but her little hand was so hot at 3:45 last night. Sure enough she was at 99.8 and she usually runs in the 97 range. She was really cranky so we did give her some Tylenol so she could sleep.
January 12th, 2011, 10:34 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor Kolbie!! I hope she is feeling better now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search