Log In Sign Up

Finally got get this birth story in!

Forum: 2010 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 04:32 AM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,917
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
I was two weeks past my due date and I had probably tried everything under the sun that was available for me to try. Finally I just decided I wasn't going to give up trying because in two days I had a scheduled c-section(DD1 was a c-section baby). I did nipple stimulation all night long Monday/Tuesday night. At 8am Tuesday morning I started FINALLY having regular contractions but they weren't very long and they were pretty far apart. Also they were nipple stimulation induced lol.
I was walking all day long to try to jumpstart this pregnancy. I made a Doctor appointment around noon and got my membranes scraped. They said my contractions weren't strong enough or close enough for them to do anything else for me if I wanted to have a natural birth. Mid afternoon I fell asleep for a quick nap. I woke up 45 minutes later to pretty strong contractions. I decided to go tell my mom what was going on (She came up to be with me when I had Macey for one cos she's my momma and two cos Andrew couldn't be there). She wanted to go right to the hospital but I told her I was gonna go take a shower first. Yeah so the pain got worse and I was crying in the shower. I was crying in my towel and when I got dressed. Finally I walked through the pain and got all ready and in the car. The car ride was awesome. For some reason car rides have relaxed me ever since I was a little baby. AMAZING
We got to the hospital and I was worried they would send me home. It was kinda like the first time I had a baby because I had never been through the process of "when should I go in" or anything like that. They didn't send me home lol My contractions were pretty close together but they were bearable enough that I could talk through them... most of the time. I got moved to a permanent room so my mom and bestfriend went down to get my bags. I got my laptop set up and called DH(who was in Iraq) on skype. My lackeys went outside again and they had me on a bean bag so I could lay on my stomach. My water broke shortly. I called in the nurse and asked for an epidural. I just can't take that sort of pain. Why did God make me female!? lol
My mom, bestfriend came back in along with my Step-MIL and SIL. I got my epi and I was having a pretty good time. Soon after that they checked me and told me I was ready to go. I was really shocked because I hadn't been there that long... or it didn't feel like long. It had actually been probably 8hours. I don't remember exactly now. I wanted to get a nap in but I guess not. At this point is was about 4am. They got all ready... I have no idea what they did and I made sure DH was paying attention on skype. By the time they were all ready they told me that my contractions were too close and intense for me to push with every single one. So I pushed with every other.
The experience was absolutely amazing. At first I really couldn't feel anything, I couldn't tell if she was coming down or not. Even though they told me that she was. When she finally was down where I could really feel her I was so tired and in so much pain despite the epi that I didn't want to do it anymore. I wasn't really going to give up but I was saying that I didn't want to do it anymore. I was saying that I couldn't. My Doctor tried every angle. He was nice and told me that I could do it. Then he told me to shut up and push... that made me mad but I did. I shut up and pushed. They asked if I wanted to see her through a mirror and I for sure didn't. I just wanted to get her out! lol Dh was so proud of me, atleast that is what he kept saying. I couldn't really see him but I could hear him. Everyone kept saying that he was crying(honest to God I wish I could have gotten that on video).
She was out at exactly 6am. She was beautiful and had tons of hair. I knew she would have tons of hair. They were telling me how long it was from the first push lol
I got to hold her right away while my bestfriend cut her umbilical chord. I can't remember if I cried, but that sounds like me lol. They then took, cleaned her and took her stats. We all took pictures and I breastfed her. It was all so quick and there was a lot going on.
We got moved to our permanent room about two hours later. I was really tired but I couldn't sleep, all I wanted to do was stare at her.

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0