Mikey's 12 month pedi appointment

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just got back from Mikeys 12 month doctors appointment and in short, he's doing great His doctor measures him on his actual age not adjusted so he's now on the growth chart in height and weight. He is 19lbs 8oz which is 5-10% and 29 1/2 inches which is about the 25th%. His big ol noggin is in the 25-50 percentile

He said his development is great for his adjusted age (so all you ladies that were worried about your bump on a log babies, the dr says mine is great!). He asked if he can sit, use pincher grasp, if he can crawl and if he can stand holding onto things. Since he can do all the other things he wasnt concerned at all that he's not crawling and that he could skip it all together and just walk. O and he asked if he makes consonant sounds which he also can do.

Oh and fabulous news, we can transition to milk! Wooooooo! Dr said theres no real way to do it, we can mix the bottles or completely replace one and see what happens or just figure out how to do it our way. If he's not really interested at first to wait a little bit, since some babies just dont like milk. And he also said to be working on sippy cups, which we're already doing and to start to give him a little bit more food (right now he eats snacks and dinner, so maybe add in breakfast or something)... since he's not going to be having the nutrients from the formula anymore.

Otherwise all is well, he said the very dry spots on his head could still be cradle cap or a little bit of eczema and if we want we can put his eczema cream on it or just wait it out. We're using dandruff shampoo right now and that is helping so maybe we'll just stick with that for the time being. He said we could turn him forward facing in his carseat soon but i told him we werent turning forward facing until at least 2 and he sort of looked surprised and said "oh thats great"... i think its kind of sad that Dr's dont recommend extended rear facing and other then that he got two shots and that was it

January 12th, 2011, 09:16 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Great appointment! I am so glad that he's right on track for development. You must be so happy about that.
January 12th, 2011, 09:22 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Thath is so awesome! Way to go Mikey (and Sam)
Caroline - November '12

January 12th, 2011, 09:25 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Wow, sounds like a great appointment! WTG Mikey!!!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
WTG Mikey!!! Sounds like he is doing fabulous!! I still can't believe he is 1!!!!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 12th, 2011, 11:57 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wtg!!!

Awesome!!

January 12th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yay Mikey!! I love the picture in your siggy
January 12th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome appointment!!!!

Lily/Vi's pedi said the same thing when Lily turned one about the car seats. And I told her that the AAP changed their recommendation to at least age 2, or as long as you can keep your child rear facing. She now has a printout saying that which she gives to all patients at their 12 month appt, which is awesome!

January 12th, 2011, 01:18 PM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
Glad he has such a great appointment! He's so cute.
January 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Woohoo! WTG Mikey!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search