OT - Where are you traveling to this year?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 09:54 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have travel fever BAD. No idea what we are going to do for vacation this year...I have two weeks, so something, but probably nothing major, since I am just coming off maternity leave and we just bought a house. So for now, I am going to live vicariously through you ladies

Please share....where are you traveling to and vacationing this year?

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping at the end of Feb to go to AZ to see my SIL and practice mounted shooting. Then in March DH and I are going to see BIL in FL so I'm looking forward to that one most. It has been over 2 years since we've actually gone somewhere as we go during these months since winter is sooo cold...we NEED the sun and warmth! LOL
January 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We currenty live in Texas.....DH was stationed in San Diego, CA for 3 years so we lived there off/on for that time. Kinley was born there and we moved to Tx 5 weeks after she was born. DH has some family that lives there and a lot of his Marine friends are still stationed there.....so we are planning a trip for May to go back to San Diego! We want to go see his friends, familiy and show Kinley where she was born! Of course we'll take them to the beach, San Diego Zoo and just sight see! Oh and eat at all the restaurants (esp In-N-Out) that we've missed! lol We are flying, since it takes a good day and a half to drive, renting a car and probably staying for 5-6 nights! I'm sooo excited!!! We might end up going to the Texas beach later on in the summer as well!

January 12th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're going to Sanibel, FL for 10 glorious days in March! I'm beyond excited and want to leave right now! 54 days! Lol.

We'll also go to Ohio several times i'm sure (my mom lives there), and hopefully we'll make it to Chicago or Detroit to visit my sister at some point (shes moving from Chicago to Detroit sometime next year so we dont know where she'll be when we visit )

And finally we might also go to NC over the summer to visit some friends who are stationed down there

January 12th, 2011, 10:31 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My family has a time share in Myrtle Beach, SC at the end of August that we use. My sister and her husband just bought a beach house in NC that we plan on visiting often during the summer. That's about it. DH has 4 weeks vacation but we can't afford to go anywhere else right now.
January 12th, 2011, 10:45 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
We have three bigger things planned this year. DH is going to Alaska with the men in my family in June. I have a girls weekend planned to go see Harry Potter 7-2 in July with some friends in Chicago. Then we want to go to Disney World for a week in December with my sister and her family. We'll also head over to UT or TX at some point, to see DH's family.

I really need my part-time job to start for this to work though. I suppose I should call the dude in charge. Hmm.
Caroline - November '12

January 12th, 2011, 11:01 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are hoping to make another mini getaway around mine and DH's birthdays in April, after all of the fuss with Melodie's first birthday at the end of March, I'm sure we'll need it! And we're hoping to leave for maybe 2-3 days for our anniversary in July and drive to New York City since we both have wanted to go for forever but neither one of us has ever been. Nothing major here either since our first priority is saving some money so we can hopefully sell our house this year.

January 12th, 2011, 11:28 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't even know. I hope somewhere fun though.
I do know that I have airline tickets booked to suprise my mom for her birthday in Feb. She lives in Knoxville, TN. That's where 99% of our trips are always to. The fun part for me is that I'm only taking Mia....I'll be minus 9 kids for 6 days. I'll miss them like crazy but it will be nice at the same time. I haven't been responsible for only one child in forever...plus part of me is a little interested to see how DH does!!!

Hoping to make a road trip out to California this summer but don't know, as it's sure to be super expensive in our 15 passenger van. We'll have to play it by ear. Also, we'd like to get away somewhere just DH and I for a weekend...maybe even 3 or 4 days...well, DH and I plus Mia. Couldn't leave her..she still nurses a lot.
Ideally, we'd love to take the kids maybe to FLA but probably we'll have to pick between that and Cali..not both. We are planning to send the older kids traveling to different relatives over the summer....as a reward for good grades...it's kind of nice for them to get away by themselves too and be spoiled by aunts and grandparents without any little siblings around!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 12th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
We don't have any big family vacations planned. We don't have the extra money right now and I just started a job and can't take a whole lot of time off. However, we are going to Wisconsin in July for a thing called Country Thunder. It's like a 4 day huge concert!!! We camp and there are a total of about 15 ppl we are going with. It will be the longest I've been away from Peyton so I'm a little nervous about that, but I'm sooooo excited to go! We went in 2009 and had a blast!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 12th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
One of my best friends is getting married in Calgary this fall and I'm in the wedding so we'll probably be going there! Other than that, most people come to us. I'm sure we'll take some mini roadtrips to Vancouver to visit family...oh! And maybe a trip to SoCal to introduce R to Dh's grandparents!~
January 12th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably just to a lake here in Missouri. My parents rent this mansion with a pool for a week at the end of the summer. We have waverunners and just have a blast! Other than that - no where! We all wanted to go on a cruise, but my sister's new baby would only be 6 months and I am hoping to be preggo - so that was out.

January 12th, 2011, 12:10 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All over the place! Sounds fun!!

Tara - You should come a little farther so R and Logan can have a play date

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 12th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We'll be going to Oregon in April for my grandma's 90th birthday, but that's the only set in stone plan.

We were planning to go to Korea this October with one of DH's sisters and her husband, but with the current issues between the North and South there we are thinking of waiting to go. Plus, DH is a US citizen (moved here from Korea at age 6) but is still listed in South Korea's Census Register and they've been known to grab people coming in and put them in the military. And then it can take weeks to months to get them out with the proper paperwork. So, we're a bit worried about that as well. It's actually a current travel alert that the embassy has out of Korean-Americans and we've known a few men who have been conscripted that were born in Korea but were now American citizens

January 12th, 2011, 03:38 PM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
We are in Uruguay, South America until Saturday. We rented a house on the beach for a couple weeks and brought my mom, dad, MIL and her sister along. We go back to the States this weekend, I am no looking forward to that!!!

We also have a family gathering planned in Spain this July.

Here is Seba enjoying the beach
January 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam914 View Post
We're going to Sanibel, FL for 10 glorious days in March! I'm beyond excited and want to leave right now! 54 days! Lol.
Sooooooooo jealous. I got married on Anna Maria Island, FL in May 2009. I was thinking maybe Sanibel, but chose Anna Maria as accomidations were cheaper. I LOVE FL, it's my fav. place so far to vacation, just has lots of child hood memories for me and the 2 weeks in FL for our wedding was one of the best times of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taralyn View Post
One of my best friends is getting married in Calgary this fall and I'm in the wedding so we'll probably be going there! Other than that, most people come to us. I'm sure we'll take some mini roadtrips to Vancouver to visit family...oh! And maybe a trip to SoCal to introduce R to Dh's grandparents!~

You're coming to Calgary??? That's where I live!!! Crazy!

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 12th, 2011, 09:25 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We'll see how DH's contract negotiations go. If they get their education incentive back we'll use that money to go to Green Bay again. We had a lot of fun last summer and want to make it an annual thing. We might also try to get to Northern Michigan just before the 4th of July to camp for a few days. And then DH opted to take his annual vacation the first week of December again (I think) so we'll be heading to MI then again. We'll see.
January 13th, 2011, 07:13 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam914 View Post
We're going to Sanibel, FL for 10 glorious days in March! I'm beyond excited and want to leave right now! 54 days! Lol
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sanibel Island! That is my most favorite place to go when we're in Florida. We'll be staying at the BIL in Fort Myers so it's just short drive. After the first time I went to Sanibel I loved it so much I even registered my mare as Abilene Sanibel.... wow... talk about obsession
January 13th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're thinking Ocean City, MD this year. We've never been before and want to go somewhere new. But nothing is set in stone yet.

Anyone ever been there before? Did you love it? What do they have for families to go to...any recommendations?

January 13th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow i'm surprised other people know about Sanibel! My grandparents had a house down there, they would live there Jan-May then go back home to Ohio. I've been going there since i was born and i love it! I love how quiet it is... touristy beaches are fun sometimes but sometimes you just want to have quiet, kwim?

As for Ocean City i have a lot of friends that go there - some people think its great while others think its the typical touristy beach... nothing special about it. Who knows... guess its a matter of opinion

January 13th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are going to Myrtle Beach to see my parents sometime in May or June. I am so ready to go to the beach!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search