One nap or two?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
How many of our babies are down to just one nap? I think Abri is trying to drop her morning nap. It's hard to tell with her being sick, but yesterday she cat napped for about 30 minutes in the morning and wouldn't go back to sleep after 20 minutes of rocking. Then this morning I rocked her for 30 minutes and nothing. I could tell she was tired but she just wouldn't close her eyes. She seemed to hold it together until afternoon nap time though, so I guess that's what is going on. That's going to make my morning coffee time difficult from now on. The plus side is that she will now nap without being swaddled! Finally. I thought I was going to have to make adult size swaddle blankets for her
January 12th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Usually MIkey gets up at 730ish to eat a bottle, go back to bed until 10 or so, then take two, two hour naps around 1 and 6 or so... but the past few days (besides today, i think hes grumpy from his shots this morning) he's been sleeping later in the morning, taking a short morning nap (maybe an hour or so) and then the same evening nap... so, i'm not sure, it seems like his sleeping is shifting a bit

January 12th, 2011, 11:56 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends on the day for us also. We were doing 2 naps and one catnap before, and then we dropped a nap a few weeks ago. She is basically taking one 30-45 minutes nap around 9:30-10:30 depending on when she woke up in the morning, and then goes down for a 1.5-2 hour nap around 2:30-3:00. Some days she sleeps in a little later and skips her morning nap but takes a longer one after lunch, from like 1-4. So we're down to 2 most days, sometimes just 1, but I think we're slowly transitioning to 1 nap also.

January 12th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think Rachel is trying to drop her morning nap too...she used to sleep for an hour and a half or so around 9:30...but now that's down to less than an hour, and some days (like today) she doesn't take one then at all. Fingers crossed she takes a long one this afternoon!
January 12th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brynlee has been doing 1 nap a day since Christmas. She decided that day she didn't wanna take 2 anymore :/

So, she's usually up at 5, eats, sleeps til 7:30-8, goes down between 10:30 and 11ish, and will sleep 2 hours and that's it!

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
January 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
depends on the day here too, but mostly Mia only takes one nap...that's of course if she sleeps well the night before. Most normally, she goes to bed around 7-8 then wakes up anwhere between 6:30 to 9:00 for the day (usually I do nurse her once in the middle of the night too) Then she goes down at around 11-30 and sleeps till 2:30 or 3:00. Then she's up till bedtime...sometimes if her nap is cut short for some reason she'll need a second nap but I don't like to let her nap too late into the afternoon or she won't be ready for bed at 7 or 8. I TRY, if her nap is cut short to just bump up bedtime when I can. This happened yesteday and I just put her to bed at 6:45 for the night instead of giving her a second nap...however, it doesn't always work out this way...

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 12th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Vi is up between 9 and 10am, goes down around 1pm for a nap of about 1-3 hours depending on the day and how noisy Lily is She usually catnaps for about 20-30 minutes around 6pm and then goes down for the night around 9pm.

January 12th, 2011, 02:14 PM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Our day depends on if Rylee goes to school or if it's a week-end/holiday.

But it's usually 2 naps.

Lately though I wonder what is going on because she's been going off her reg schedule and some days sleeping more and some night sleeping less.

Like Last night...up at 10pm for a bottle (after going to bed at 7:30), then up again at 3:30 and was hungry. Both times after I fed her she passed right back out. But I find she is sleeping more today because of that.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

January 12th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jed usually takes three naps - but when he gets up at 5 am, he doesn't go back to sleep like most of your babies (jealous!). So he will take a morning nap an afternoon nap and an evening cat nap.

Some days he will drop the evening nap - but then he crashes for the night at around 6 or 6:30!

January 12th, 2011, 08:03 PM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Arch takes 2 naps - typically his morning nap is longer two to two and half hours and then an hour or so in the afternoon. He usually gets up between 6-7 a.m., somedays (always on a weekend morning, of course!) it is earlier, and I think he would go back to sleep after eating, but I don't put him down because on school mornings, I need him up by 6:30 so I don't want to throw his schedule off. It's a great day when I get both Archer and Jack down for 2 hr naps at the same time!!! Otherwise, I feel like I'm feeding and putting kids to bed non stop all day but I LOVE it, so no complaints!
January 12th, 2011, 08:30 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Karsyn wakes up around 7-9, eats, then goes back to sleep with me and Kinley til 10-11ish. Then she will take a nap around 2/3 for an hour-2hours.....then takes a cat nap around 8ish for 30-45 min, then down for bed around 12.

This is such a change from Kinley...who never napped or slept! lol

January 12th, 2011, 08:51 PM
k8liz311's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Luke naps in the morning around 9am for about 30 minutes. Sometimes shorter. Then a longer nap in the afternoon, around 1 for 1 or two hours. I'm hoping he keeps his two naps until after his 1st birthday

January 12th, 2011, 09:41 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kolbie waffles a lot. Lately because of being sick she'll take a morning nap at about 10 and it lasts 2 hours then in the afternoon at around 2 she'll sleep for another hour or more. That was fairly standard before getting sick but just before she was starting to shift things around.
January 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
I think Jamie is starting to drop his morning nap. When he was really young he took 3 naps. Then it went to a 1 hour nap in the morning (9:30 - 10:30) and 2 hours in the afternoon (1:30 - 3:30) and the occasional late afternoon capnap. He has been fighting the morning nap for the last several days. I'm a little bummed - the morning nap was my time to eat breakfast, shower, check e-mail, etc. But the consolation is that his nights seem to be improving.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search