Nursing Mamas & AF

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
If you are nursing has your AF returned yet? If so when did it? How often do you nurse? Did/Are you supplimenting?
January 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
I'm not "breastfeeding" but I am exclusively pumping and AF just came back for the first time in December. I just had it for the second time this past week. I am pumping 4 times a day and that has been enough for 5 bottles and extra to go in the freezer so no suplimentation here. I did notice my supply drop pretty drastically with the first returned cycle, but it bounced right back and I didn't notice a difference the second time.

January 12th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
I haven't had an AF yet since Logan was born, He nurses about 4-5 times a day and he has jar food once to twice a day.
January 12th, 2011, 12:17 PM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
No AF here. Colleen nurses in the late afternoon and through the evening, but she gets formula bottles throughout the day. I am not pumping any more.

I keep expecting to get AF, but she has yet to show her face. I don't miss it one bit! (And no, I'm not pregnant. I've tested! But it makes me nervous every time we DTD because who knows, I might be ovulating!)

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
January 12th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ugh. I got my AF at seven weeks PP. It isn't fair! LOL I seriously went straight form PP bleeding to AF (well, a few weeks in between) I was soooooo mad. I was exclusively breastfeeding at the time, and did until 6 months when we introduced solids. Now She's getting solids twice a day, unless she doesn't nurse very much during that day then I'll skip "dinner" to try to get her to nurse more. She does most of her nursing at night She nurses for four short sessions during the day and then three long (45 minutes or longer) at night.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
January 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
No af here! Josie nurses 5-7 times per day and usually 1-2 times per night, she gets some solids, but only after she nurses.

January 12th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Morgan2006's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, no AF here yet. Aiden still nurses every 2-3 hours...so...alot. And he wakes up throughout the night still. Blaahhhh.
January 12th, 2011, 02:54 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No AF here either. Dallas loves to nurse- about every 2 hrs!! She also gets "lunch" and "dinner" solids. And she nurses 2x throughout the night. We give her formula irregularly though when she needs it- no more than 6oz a day so far.
January 12th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm EBF still, and thank GOODNESS I don't have AF back yet. But, I'm just holding my breath at this point, hopeful, but not with high hopes. I had it back by 5 months pp with Rebecca! I'm so thrilled! LOL.
January 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nothing here
Ive had maybe 5-6 AFs since I got pregnant with my 1st bub at the end of '06 MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

January 12th, 2011, 05:58 PM
kileechatseal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She has returned for me. Ugh! I am currently on my 2nd pp cycle. Brayson still breastfeeds like every 3 hours. No supplementing here. I don't know why she decided to make her appearance but I sure didn't miss her.

January 12th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
EBFing here and no AF yet! I normally get AF back around 8-10 months PP, so I'm expecting the lovely witch soon....

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 12th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Super Mommy
Vinny nurses every 2 hours, day and night and AF came back and was regular when he was only 3 months old... my body doesn't play around lol. I'm also on continuous BC (so I don't have periods due to endometriosis) and have been since he was 2 months but have spotting and cramping the same time every month without fail. Vinny also gets baby food 3 times a day but won't skip or go longer just because he ate. That kid is a pig, eats an entire jar of stage 3 food and then will nurse at the 2 hour mark from the previous nusing time but yet is still a skinny, tall boy!

Last edited by Mommy to 3 boys; January 12th, 2011 at 08:16 PM.
January 12th, 2011, 08:57 PM
RJsmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No AF here yet. I nurse on demand, the number of times per day varies. We started solids at 6 months, she gets breakfast and dinner, but nurses first.

Thanks to ~*Helen*~ for the beautiful Siggy!

January 12th, 2011, 09:21 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
UGH, I have been bleeding for over a month now thanks to DEPO!

I am never getting another Depo shot again in my life!!! I breast feed Macey exclusively unless I got out for a couple hours I do allow her babysitter to give her a bottle if she wants to. I know that if I hadn't had that stupid shot I wouldn't even be having a visit from AF at all >.<

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
January 13th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJsmama View Post
No AF here yet. I nurse on demand, the number of times per day varies. We started solids at 6 months, she gets breakfast and dinner, but nurses first.
Pretty much ditto this. She also still wakes twice (at least) a night to nurse. It took a year to come back after ds, I'm hoping for the same this time around.

January 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Trojenn's Avatar Veteran
no AF here either. Breastfeeding 4-5 times per day and once in the night...I have been getting crampy over the past few weeks though and have no clue why...and yesterday I could have sworn I was PMSing...kind of wanting it to come though as we want to try again when Maddy's one...and I need to have a few cycles in there first to see if I'll have to go back to the fertility clinic....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search