I am sad...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Morgan2006's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am more than halfway done BFing.

That's all.
January 12th, 2011, 06:18 PM
kileechatseal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how you feel. I initially said I wanted to breastfeed for atleast the first year but as that time approaches I am in no way ready to stop. Maybe I'll go for 18 months-2 years.

January 12th, 2011, 06:27 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
I plan to breast feed for two years. I BF'd with my first til she was 20 months approx. It was even hard to stop then but it was time.

This time around I doubt I will last even that long. Macey is very independent. I HATE IT lol

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
January 12th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww. Rebecca is still nursing 3x a day (and asks for more than that some days, but I'm doing a parent guided child led weaning, lol). She nursed through my pregnancy, so I've not weaned at all yet. Not sure how I'll handle it when one (or both) of them are done. Hopefully by the time they're both done I have another one. I love nursing my babies...
January 12th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Super Mommy
I'm going to miss that connection I have with Vinny but I'm somewhat looking forward to when he is no longer nursing, I'm looking forward to getting sleep... Vinny is a comfort nurser, great sleeper, just gets up a lot to nurse (if I'm not home, he won't wake up to comfort nurse). DH was SHOCKED when I told him when we went to FL on vacation that I'd still be BF even though I had already told him I'd be nursing until he is a year. DH constantly says I should switch to formula but I don't see the point now and I would HATE dealing with all the bottles and formula and always making sure I have everything when I'm out. I think he just isn't thrilled with the thought of me nursing at Disney lol.

January 12th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
It's such a special connection.. I hope to nurse past the 1year mark, whenever Logan self weans really
January 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to 3 boys View Post
I'm going to miss that connection I have with Vinny but I'm somewhat looking forward to when he is no longer nursing, I'm looking forward to getting sleep... Vinny is a comfort nurser, great sleeper, just gets up a lot to nurse (if I'm not home, he won't wake up to comfort nurse). DH was SHOCKED when I told him when we went to FL on vacation that I'd still be BF even though I had already told him I'd be nursing until he is a year. DH constantly says I should switch to formula but I don't see the point now and I would HATE dealing with all the bottles and formula and always making sure I have everything when I'm out. I think he just isn't thrilled with the thought of me nursing at Disney lol.
We are going to disney in 1 week!! wooohooo!!

p.s. they have nursing rooms and baby swap!
January 12th, 2011, 09:44 PM
KerMommy5's Avatar Veteran
I feel the same way. It is a lot worse this time around because we are done having kids. To know that when I am done nursing him that I will never nurse a baby again is very sad for me.

January 12th, 2011, 10:07 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
*hugs* I bet that is sad!

January 13th, 2011, 04:40 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGs....you are doing a great job and you don't have to stop at 1 yr (unless you want of course) either way you have done a wonderful job, be proud of yourself!
January 13th, 2011, 08:44 AM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
I know what you mean, back when josie would nurse for 45 minutes at a time, I was counting the days...but now it's coming too soon, I might go past one year, maybe just at night or something, depends on her I guess.

January 13th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPoky View Post
I know what you mean, back when josie would nurse for 45 minutes at a time, I was counting the days...but now it's coming too soon, I might go past one year, maybe just at night or something, depends on her I guess.
I'm thinking this is probably what we will end up doing...just nursing @ night starting probably around 11 months. If I get accepted into the nursing program, that's when it starts and I will have to be away from him all day (8-4 mon-fri). I really want to nurse until 2, and who knows maybe it will work out...but right now i'm not seeing that in our future.
January 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of my friends IRL have nursed well past a year, some up to closer even to three years. It's quite common here. Though usually by 2 years and up, it's a morning/night thing, versus during the day very often (especially if mommy has gone back to work).

Go as long as you both want!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search