Lifetothemax - (Mayhem)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2011, 09:42 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Grrr...that is frustrating, Theresa, but really, I'm serious, if you do it on your own, the chances of the weight staying off for good are so much better! I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the pills or that they don't work, just that once you've done it on your own, you will know what you need to do to maintain and your body will be comfortable there

Also, if you are looking for a little metabolism boost or something, try the DoTerra Essential Oils. I use the Slim and Sassy in my water, and it really does help me pick up my metabolism, especially on days when I can't squeeze in a work out or I don't have enough sleep It's not a supplement, it's just an essential oil that you put in your water and it helps increase your metabolism a little bit. And I think it's like $20 for a bottle that has lasted me 2 months so far.

February 4th, 2011, 09:48 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
Nice! I will have to look into this. My friend is being a little pushy, I have told her that I can't currently afford it and now she "just wants to show me." This is making me a little cranky.

Ps...I am not proud.....I ate a donut....

Tomorrow will be better, I am determined.

February 4th, 2011, 10:05 PM
OK....so I am a little scared. I am having chest pains. I am really freaked. I have never had this before. I need to start taking this seriously, I could really die if I don't loss weight. I may go to the hospital if this doesn't go away. If I do I will text you.

February 4th, 2011, 10:48 PM
It has stopped, but I am still freaked. I don't even want to think about it but maybe this was a little bit of a wake up call, I need to do better.
I am mealing planning right now.

February 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Ok so I took the plunge. I am doing a weightloss challenge that I have to pay to be a part of. It is a 12 week program that has a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize. I am nervous, this is really out of my comfort zone and that is a very big deal. If anything this gets me out of my house kid free every week. I am excited and I think maybe this will be the turning point in all of this.
Last night having those chest pains really scared me, I was so scared that I was having a life changing problem and that I did not have "time" left. I am going to do better. I am going to do more.

So Amy....speak to me baby....how are you doing? How do you think you are going to do on Monday's weight in?

February 7th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Sorry, Theresa!! I'm still here! I had a really crazy busy weekend.

OMG! I'm so sorry about the chest pains! I'm glad that they went away, and I hope that they stay away. Please text me if you have them and they are scary again. Or for any reason

Your competition sounds like a great idea!! I hope that it works and that you WIN Even if you don't take first place, you'll win just by losing weight and getting into shape

I did really really badly this weekend. I had fast food...TWICE! And come birthday cake and donuts and just general junk. However, I weighed in 3 pounds less this morning than last week, so I'm motivated to have a great week!

February 7th, 2011, 01:48 PM
WAY TO GO BABY!!!! You are doing great, I am really really proud of you!!!!
I would like to say that this is my first real loss in ever losing weight!! 5lb gone is huge to me.

Honestly I have not been doing much different, just willing my self to be more mobile. I am going to be trying crazy hard to make this work more.

February 8th, 2011, 07:30 AM
5 lbs gone is great!! I know that Jen said in your other thread that diet is a really big deal and that you should try to change that first, but if it's easier for you to get moving and add some exercise in, then do that first! I love food (a lot!) and I really love food that isn't so great for me, so it's always been easier for me to add exercise and continue enjoying food.

February 9th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I have been doing good for the most part, I did have pizza for dinner tonight but that was because I was really tired and just the thought of cooking made me want to die. I have done a little exercise here and there. I might be starting a herbalife program soon. It basically replaces me breakfast and lunch with a weightloss shake and it has a bunch of vitamins to take and an energizing tea that I have seen in action! A friend of mine is doing it and lose 22lbs in a month. I am excited about it but it is a little price, but when it comes down to it, it is replacing 60 meals so it makes sense. I know this is not a cure all but I think every little boost can make a huge difference!

February 10th, 2011, 03:43 PM
That sounds like a good idea! If it's replacing meals, then that cuts down the cost since you won't be buying food. Plus, like you said, everything helps! And maybe it will be a good kick start for you! That would be great

I have been stress eating like crazy. Ugh! I was so proud of myself for not eating pizza Tuesday night, but then I did yesterday. And I was doing okay today, but then I let myself stress eat a piece of cinnamon bread with almond butter and jam And I'm still having dinner tonight because I'm starving. Max has been screaming and I'm having some apartment issues, so I know it's just stress, but I have no will power. I'm just trying to overeat healthy stuff, at least

February 11th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I have been doing really well. I have been focusing on my eatting right now because I am finding it a little easier to be in control of that than when or if I am going to find time to workout. The kids keep me running, I figure that counts.

I have been focusing on me, completely and I think that has been a massive help. You know the whole situation I am in so right now I have decided to be Switzerland and plain and simply focus on what I need to do for me. I need to pick myself up and stand on my own two feet and then when I know who I am then I can decide my life and how it will be lived. I am finally determined to live my life and that is something I have not done in years. I am a person, not just a wife, mother, maid and butler.

February 11th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I think focusing on you is a wonderful idea! You have to be happy before you can make anyone else happy And you deserve to be so happy!! I think that's a great choice. And you know I am always here if you need a shoulder!

I have been eating like crap lately. Ugh! I got Wendy's again today, on the way to the stinkin' gym...grrr. And then I got cupcakes after I picked Max up because I had a major cupcake craving. Silly, but I know that I would have eaten everything in the apartment trying to get rid of it, so I just got them >_>

February 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I did good today except for the apple pie that my dh brought home. Tuesday is the offical start of my weight loss challenge and I am really hoping to be able to purchase my weight loss kit on that day too so I can really give this my all. I am excited to see changes, I know it won't happen overnight but it will happen.

February 12th, 2011, 05:38 PM
That's great! Keep me posted

Today was okay...not great, but not too horrible. Except for the cupcake I'm going to eat in 20 seconds But I can't let it go bad! It's just been a crummy week. I'm looking forward to a fresh start on Monday.

How are you doing?

February 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I am doing ok, just taking it all day by day. Hey do you have msn? Have I asked you this before lol?

February 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I do have MSN My name is:

amyh@live.com

February 18th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I worked out! Yeah, that's right I WORKED OUT. This is somethIng I just never seem to have time for but I did it. I find it better to just put on my headphones and blast the tunes and get moving. I know a lot fo exercises from hip hop back years ago so I find it more fun then popping in a DVD. I did a lot of stuff and a lot of streaches.
The reason this happened.....the dreaded Big Mac loomed into my radar today and was eatten. I felt horrible after and decided I need to attempt to balance it out with a more hardcore workout than I have done in a while.
I also kept up with my water intake, even drinkding tap water to help it out and I loath tap water.
I feel good now, like I got some stress out. I had planned on taking a good walk with the dog too but the blizzard outside defeats that completely.
I have done well with food until the Big Mac. I have been having a lot of chicken breast which I need to find a low fat way to make it taste a little better. I have upped my veggies and taken a lot of sugar out of my diet. I am trying not to get too drastic because I will not stay on track if I do. I have to make sure I have no gains.
I am focusing on the wrong thing with this weightloss challenge ever since I learned about the weight gain penelty. I am now focusing on not gaining, this is not the intent and it is sinking me. I am now focusing on lossing weight and then I don't have to worry about the gain.
I am going to make this happpen!
What about you love? I know you were indulging yewsterday, did you get back on track today???

February 21st, 2011, 05:57 PM
YAY for working out!!!
And don't stress about the occasional Big Max If you're craving it, just fit it into your diet
As far as chicken breast, I have some great ideas! I do lots of stuff with them. If think about it early enough (at least 2 hours before you need to cook it), marinate it in Fat Free Italian dressing. It's so good and flavorful and so easy! Then you just bake or grill it. Otherwise, marinate it in hot salt water for 15 minutes. It will keep it super juicy and moist. Then, just add whatever seasonings sound good. I do lots of garlic, basic seasoning salt is good, lemon pepper, rosemary and thyme. With either of those methods, you can also slice it up once it's cooked and toss it on a salad. Protein and veggies!
If you want to get creative, once it's marinated (either method), slice it open and fill it with lowfat soft cheese (feta, blue cheese, ricotta, etc). You can add tomatoes, olives, dark greens, yellow peppers, pretty much anything you like! Put it in a pan and add more dressing (Italian, Greek, any vinegarette. Mix it up to match what you put in the chicken) or some red wine (mmmm!!) and bake it at 350 for about 20 minutes. So delicious! It also looks fancy but is really easy.

I have been SUCKING lately. I babysat all weekend and just ate constantly. Ugh! I need to really get my behind back in gear. I did go to Mommy and Me yoga on Saturday! It was great! And I have a month long pass to go as often as I want to whatever classes I want. I definitely need to take advantage of that.

February 27th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for all the ideas, I am going to be using some of them tonight for dinner!

I have been doing well, I am excited to see where I am at this week at my weigh in on Tuesday. I know I have changed my life with all of these. I am confident and I feel great, this is new to me. I have found a part of myself and in a way I have to credit it to the guy, he reminded me of who I was. I am thankful for that.

Now, I am becoming a better me, I am doing things for me. I am so much more than I was even a few weeks ago.

February 27th, 2011, 09:22 AM
That's so awesome!! I'm going to get back down to business starting TOMORROW!!! I mean it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search