redbirds - Misscallie

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 05:51 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Girl - I don't know how you do all that you do...

So yeah - this working out at night is going to be for the birds for me... My day yesterday:

Got off work at 3:30 - ran home to let the dogs out (long story but we have one hudeni (sp) dog and until we fix his escape hole they stay in)... pick up Emmie from "school" at 4:30 - drive to my mom's (Gee's) to pick up Jackson - spend a little time there before heading home (5:15ish)... both kids are a little whiny - UGH it is going to be one of those nights... Get home around 5:45ish or so and Emmie needs to eat dinner (Jackson still asleep in car seat - Yay) - she wants yogurt (not her Dora yogurt but mommy and daddy's Yoplait yogurt - let's just say this is the last Dora yogurt we buy) - so she is in the high chair eating yogurt - Jackson wakes up - great - so I put him in the swing - he is still fussing on and off... Emmie has to take a poop (she was having a hard time at Gee's) - so I wisk her to the changing table in case I need to assist (what us mommies do)... She got it out okay. She says she wasn't too hungry after that - I need to start getting chicken ready to grill (now mind you the whole time Hubby normally gets off at 5:30 and should be home no later that 6:15 with traffic) - well it is now 6:30 and I haven't heard from him.. I am irritated, Jackson is fussing, Emmie just wants to draw... So I finally get her to start eating her dinner and walking back and forth and back and forth from the living room to the kitchen to put the paci back in Jackson's mouth while dealing with the chicken... Hubby walks in around 6:45ish... I am not happy... He has been on the phone for the past 20 or so minutes with his brother (I am okay with that because of some family issues going on)... I am just frazzled...

Hubby finishes sitting with Emmie while she eats - I feed Jackson (who has been spitting up a lot lately)... So not it is roughly 7:00ish or a little after and now it is bath time... Hubby gives Emmie her oatmeal bath (she loves these) and I give Jackson his bath... Get his dried and dressed and finish feeding him his bottle, then burp and lay him down - the boy really needs to learn to keep the paci in - I have to go in a few times but not bad... He falls alseep rather quickly...

Emmie out of the bath now - Hubby is lotioning, dressing, and brushing teeth with her - mommy gets the hair (men have not clue)... So I comb her hair and she has to watch an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba -- so off to mommy and daddy room to watch 1 episode before bed... Now the show is over and it is a little after 8pm --- back to Emmie's room - turn on radio, turn on ladybug (shines the stars and moon on to the ceiling) - we do this for about 5 to 10 minutes before I get her into the bed and laid down - then we do "Amen" (she has a doll that says her nightly prayer)... Then kisses and out the door and down the stairs...

By this time I think it is 8:30ish - and time for me to eat. Goodness... So by the time I eat and let food settle, I am about asleep on the couch... So off to bed I go.

Somehow the monitor got turned all the way down and I rolled over this morning and say the clock said 4:30 and I about freaked thinking hey Jackson slept through the night and then the thought also occured to me that maybe the volume was down and I didn't hear him (then I really started to freak and get upset that he may have been hungry and crying and fussing and I didn't even hear him)... Hubby tells me that he fed him at 1:00 am - Yay for him. I feel better...

So up and dressing at 5:15 am this morning and hubby is feeding Jackson then out the door by 5:45... To start a new day!!!!!!!!!

So after this humongous novel - I think that if I get up in the middle of the night again tonight with Jackson and after he goes back to sleep (while I in turn tend to wake up fully) - I am going to walk on the treadmill then...

My goal today!!! - Water - drink at least 80oz...

Wish me luck....

Sorry this is so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that little man is feeling better in your house....

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

January 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Wow... Melanie. If I had that schedule, honestly, I would NOT be working out at all. Truth be told. Your day is B.U.S.Y.!!!

Here's the good part... they say 80% of weight loss is diet, not necessarily working out. Soooo... maybe not focus on the dread of trying to get exercise in (if you find you have an extra moment, great! maybe take the kids for a walk when it's nice out, or take a walk during your lunch break, or if your office has stair... take a few stairs during your breaks, or do something for you on the weekends when DH's home, but don't stress about it). I don't know if it would be a good idea to walk in the middle of the night, it would make it difficult to go back to sleep, and that would be a whole new problem!

I don't know how easy/hard it is for you to watch calories (it's easy for me, but I've done it lots before and I tend to eat the same things over and over and over and over... again-- I've just been eating a TON and have to watch portions and snacks), that may be the first step (besides water). Don't worry about the activity, even getting in a few more little things (10 min increments) can be good, and depending on your work, you may be able to do that. Is your work a desk job or do you walk around alot? If you do a lot of walking, your activity levels may be high enough on their own

You are doing all you can with a day packed like that. Good God, woman, don't beat yourself up You are amazing! Just focus on one little change at a time, and the way your day goes, the best things to start with may be foods and water instead of activity.

For me...

Kellen's still not feeling all too well, so no gym. I may do something downstairs, or I may not do anything at all! I'll see what I eat today, and if it looks like I'm going over on calories, I'll walk on the treadmill or the stationary bike or do the shred program... something!

I'm super tired and didn't get everything done yesterday, but I got quite a bit finished. Have lots to do today, too... I want to get this work stuff done, but it never seems to end. My list just keeps growing EEEEK!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Hey there... You are totally right about the eating - I really eat like crap and need to figure out the healthy stuff...

I would track on Loseit.com at work if my computer here didn't suck... UGH...

So doing some research tonight on healthy recipes... my weakness - sweets, cheese, pasta, bread, STARCH, STARCH, STARCH... For some reason I feel like if I don't have a starch or something like that then I won't be filled up...

Need to do some serious re-wiring in the brain

January 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM
That's a good game plan! I'm slowly doing better, too! I still eat a LOT of carbs, but I've seen I need to up my protein and decrease portions. Honestly, I don't know how "healthy" I am eating, but I am definitely eating less/smaller portions. I still snack on things like animal crackers and goldfish, but I divvy out a portion in a little bitty bowl and then just pick out of those throughout the day, so I know I'm only eating a total of 2 servings. To be honest, I don't feel deprived at all... if I don't lose my 2 #/week, we know it's because of food choices

No workout today. I'm feeling a bit off (probably from the kids' being sick) and decided neither Kellen nor myself need to spread this through the gym, and now that DH's home and we just ate, I seriously don't want to go downstairs So... I'm taking today off from workout, too. I do have a lot of work to do, so I'm justifying the time as working time... We'll see if anything really gets done.

Maybe, instead of changing EVERYTHING and making it feel like a diet instead of a lifestyle change, just watch portions and maybe just limit the number of times you can snack on certain things (instead of cutting them out altogether)? It may help you feel better, succeed, and still keep a positive mind about it because you wouldn't feel cheated. So far, that's what I'm doing. Maybe when I get closer to goal weight and it's harder to cut the weight, I may have to change the foods I'm eating, but for now ...

My thoughts: do what you know you can do to succeed, and then once you see some success, it will be easier to make the harder changes down the road We can do it!!!

January 19th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Agree totally...

Emmie took a little spill at school this afternoon and put a little nick on her head - but it bled so bad that it scared the crap out of me.

So I am sitting here drinking a beer and then about to eat dinner - Skillet Meals - so easy - not sure about nutrition...

I really want to start Body for life - I did this once before and it did great... You eat right (all about portion and right balance) and work out 6 days a week (20 minutes for cardio 3 days and weights 3 days) - I have the treadmill and bowflex at my house so I can easily hopefully get into the game of this...

once i start the program then I get into it and it works great - it is the jumping off and starting...

January 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
How did you do today, Melanie?

I think I did pretty well. I ate my fun things, worked out, and still stayed below the caloric allowance.

I am almost tempted to go workout again tomorrow, but I think I will wait until Saturday. Tomorrow may be an off day, depending on what I'm tempted to eat. I might try a body sculpting class on Saturday *gulp* I think I would be in over my head, but I won't know until I try!

I hope your day was better. Did you get your water in? I think I barely got mine in. I need to do better.

tomorrow is a new day! Rest up... take one step at a time and embrace the small successes.

January 21st, 2011, 05:35 AM
Hey there... Yesterday was okay - I ate pretty well except for the red velvet cake for dessert...

Still no working out - yet --- I really need to bite the bullet and say dang it - it is ME time...

I am pulling out my Body For Life books this weekend and going to get started with this on Monday... I am really excited about it - It did great last time and I know that I can do it again...

Goal for Today - Water, Water, Water - not nearly enough yesterday --- so let me do it today...

Have a great Friday - what is your goal today!!!!!!!!!!

January 21st, 2011, 07:30 AM
I also need to make sure I get my water in.

I can tell it's going to be one of those days. Everyone woke up at least an hour too early, and I am NO early bird So, we're going to take naps! Kellen's already fussy. He's really not a morning person, so I tried to put him down one more time, but he wouldn't fall asleep.

Sigh.

I don't think I'll be up to the gym today (is an off day anyway). I might do some pushups and crunches, but that's about as much as I'll do.

Looking at keeping everything in check with snacking/calories and making sure I get enough water. *yawn* It'll be a challenge. When I'm tired, I snack. ALOT. UG.

January 21st, 2011, 08:20 AM
I know what you mean about being tired...

I went to bed last night (after my shower) around midnight - I just knew that Jackson was going to wake up anytime (he was put down at 8:00ish)...

1am - yep he's up - so 1 hour sleep --- I go back to bed around 1:30 --- He's up at 4:30am - yep that's 3 hours sleep... TOTAL of 4 hours... UGH...

I cannot wait for him to STTN!!!!!!!!!!

January 21st, 2011, 06:33 PM
Well, as suspected...

I am 250 calories over on my day. I knew it. But... I've been reading the LoseIt forum, and many actually recommend that in order to prevent or stay out of a plateau, it's better to eat more one day (go over calories) less another day, stay average on day, etc... so the important thing, then, is for the weekly allowance to stay about where they suggest. That's interesting and certainly helpful!

So, for the week, I'm about where I should be, and hopefully this weekend will help decrease those calories again and be back on track.

I did OK on water! Did not work out at all, but I did about wring my kids' necks for being so clingy today

Tomorrow is a workout day, and in looking at the class description, they do a lot of lunges and squats, which I can not do because of knees, so I will do one of my routines. No kids. I can't wait!!!

Kensley is so whiney, I want to put her outside with the dogs. Ug. Drives me crazy.

January 22nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
You did good with the water and I agree with the "one day" being over is okay... The Body for Life program lets you cheat 1 day - this way your body doesn't getting totally pissed off...

I am looking into joining a gym - I am going stop by on Monday I think and check it out... I am looking for Zumba classes in particular... and I think I want to check out the new rage of Body Pump...

Walked to lunch and back yesterday - about 1/4 mile so I was happy with that... I am going to try and try being the operative word to get on the treadmill tonight...

Hope your weekend is going well.

January 22nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Melanie, the lunch walk is GREAT!! Congrats!

Our gym has Zumba, and we're a small place, so I bet you can find one close that has everything you want. I haven't tried zumba, but I'm gettig lots of people telling me to try it

today, I worked my butt off, and then went to a bday party and has a SMALL piece of cake. I'm really doing good today. Not beating myself up over the cake at all, it's a part of life, I am well within calories, it was yummy, and small! we're probably doing pizza for dinner, too, so thank God for the workout!

Getting some good amounts of water, in, too... and I bet I got to bed early IF I get all my work done! (that's the hard part of the day )

January 22nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
I absolutely LOVE Zumba... There is a Gold's Gym right next to my house - less than a mile... And it has kiddie care --- So I am going to stop by and check it out.

We did grilled pork chops, steamed brocoli, and scalloped potatoes for dinner - yummy... I am stuffed and watching Mama Mia right now... May or may not make it to the treadmill today.

Goal for tomorrow - more water - it is easy for me to drink it at work - I have the bottle on my desk - I definitely don't drink as much on the weekends at home.

January 22nd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Good for you, Melanie! It may help to have the kiddie care, you could get some you time in after work, before dinner maybe, every once in a while. I hope the fee is reasonable. Make sure to check for coupons or free month certificates, etc... on line

I may try Zumba. I hear good things about it!

Today ended up being pretty good, but not as good as it really could have been. I could have hit a homer, so to speak, but only hit a double (if you like baseball analogies). I ended up eating a couple brownies after pizza but I counted ALL the calories and it ended up I was still 200 below my "allowance" and so I'm OK with that. If I didn't eat those, I would have been 650 under, and that would have been better Oh well.

I can't get in enough water. YUM. I love drinking it and I can't believe I've gone so long without being faithful. I was really good about it while preggo!

Tomorrow: Watch the snacks, CLEAN the HOUSE (it's a major disaster right now) work, get my water in, get my vits in (still taking prenatals), SLEEP and work (I mentioned it but I've got a huge list) and stay under the calories. I think the housework can help... I won't "count" them, though until the day is said and done.

Weighing in on MOnday. I'm kind of nervous to see what the scale says. I often have a HARD time getting the freaking weight to budge when I work out, especially when I add weights, and it is quite depressing.

January 23rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Well... I will be glad when today is over! Bad, bad, bad... I think I'm about 450 over on calories, no workout, only 1/2 the water so far (will get the rest in). I'm UBER tired (I'm sensing that is a HUGE trigger for me) and I still have a ton of work to do.

Ug.

Tomorrow is a good workout day and I hope I can get more work done, eat better and get my water in. Then it can all balance out.

January 23rd, 2011, 05:47 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
being nosey and popping in You guys are doing really good! Gwynne, you inspire me on the food front. I make HORRIBLE food choices!!! I still eat like I'm pregnant...might have to check out that website you girls have been talking about that log your calories/activity!
January 23rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
You're always welcome, Jeanine, but believe me, I learn more from you gals My choices aren't always great, but I can count the calories

It's late. I didn't get all my work in. I'm falling asleep and my goal was to be in bed by 10p tonight. Not happening. I have GOT to catch up! Ug.

How are you doing, Melanie?

January 24th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Down 1.5 pounds! Of course, we always hope for more, but that's a great loss considering I didn't eat well (just around calorie intake, but not always good choices) and I didn't always get my water in. We'll see if I can be even better this week

January 25th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Hey there... Yesterday was beyond busy at work - which Monday's are my worst days... I am a crime analyst for a police department and I do a daily report recap of the major cases from the previous day - well on Monday it is a weekend report... So I entered 63 cases into our database then I run the report, map the crimes and send all of this out... It usually takes about 3 hours to go through all of the reports and pick the ones that we track and then about 2 hours to enter data --- the only quick thing is the mapping...

Then we also look for trends, etc...

So didn't get a chance to get on and chat... I ate better yesterday and drank about 60 oz of water - Woo Hoo... Starting to incorporate salad (mixed dark greens w/ spinach) into my meals - need more veggies for sure...

I am going this weekend to check out the gym that I am interested in and possibly sign up... Looking forward to that - because once I get into the rhythm of it then I am golden - it is just getting there... I have a problem with bunyons (sp) and my right foot sometimes likes to really hurt - like now - but I refuse to have any type of surgery (doesn't need that yet) so I just do stretching exercises... I did clean this past weekend and vacuumed and up and down the stairs - so although not the blood pumping workout but I didn't sit on my tush either...

Woo Hoo for You on losing 1.5lbs...

My weight this morning - 225 - YUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my goal today and this week - cut down on the sweets and drink more water, water, water...

Have a great Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!

January 25th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Wow, sounds like a fun job! Quite busy, I bet... I love watching trends and doing analysis of markets for things, so I'm intrigued

Sounds like you've been doing pretty well with just being aware, and that is a great step

Today: I can already tell it's going to be a d'oh day! We had MOPS this morning, and I have no idea how many calories I ate, but I know it was well more than normal (even though I just took a little here and there...) Oh well. It's dang near impossible to workout before MOPS, and there's no child care during mid day, so I can't work out after... so if I have the energy tonight, I will get on the bike or treadmill, but I can almost promise that it may not happen because I have so much work to do today. I'll just be OVER on calories Blah. OH well. I guess it's the week that matters, right? So, if I can work out tomorrow, I may be able to balance it a bit.

Anyway... I am doing great on water. and now I am exhausted, so that means I'm going to take a nap, too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search