redbirds - Misscallie

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2011, 08:12 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Well may not have done the best with food - big breakfast from McDonalds - yeah, yeah, I know... Personal frozen pizza and salad for lunch - and grilled chicken alfredo skillet meal for dinner.... BUT --- I definitely cut down on the sweets today - I only had a small piece of cake... Other than that I had a sweet tooth thing going at work today and I ate Key Lime Yogurt - which actually ROCKS....

So I have decided that I am going to STOCK UP on the yogurt - sweet and good for you... Woo Hoo - I may have to take a bite here or there of the real thing but hopefully not like I have been... I can actually probably say that I think I am addicted tot he sweets - which I HATE!!!!!

Cold and Rainy here so just a blah tired day... Looking forward to this weekend and checking out the gym...

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

January 26th, 2011, 09:41 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Stay warm and dry, Melanie!!!

I love Yoplait yogurts (and off=brands, too). They have been a help! Have you tried any of the 100 calorie snack bars? I got a big box from Costco of Kudo's 100 calorie snack (granola) bars. There are a bunch out there, but those are YUMMY! And I also like SouthBeach breakfast bars, they are 140 calories and about 8 g of protein! YUM. They aren't the HIGH protein ones that are way expensive... I find them in the cereal aisle where all the other granola and pop tart things are.

Anyway...

Today was MUCH better, but still not great. I worked out, we had Kensley's music class, and I snacked all day. Got my water in, too, and finished about 150 calories less than "allowed". I still MUST stop the mindless snacking! Jeesh.

Tomorrow should be good, too, as it's a big workout day and I'm busy til noon, so no snacking in the a.m., and then I'm beat and will try to take a nap, so hopefully, no snacking in the afternoon. I love naps.

I'm behind on work, so I am tempted to skip a nap (I did today) but when I'm exhausted, I snack A LOT, so it'd be better to nap and suck it up and work late (for some reason, I don't feel the need to snack at all at night). UG. I can't wait until I'm caught up... which may be.. NEVER.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 27th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Good job on staying on course with the calories...

Thanks for the info on snack foods - looking forward to getting some - the only thing is that I am going to bring them to work or else my DH will eat them.. UGH...

Still waiting to go and look at the gym - the working out at home is a no go - just can't find the time or energy... can't imagine why with a 2 year old and a 5month old...

Today's goal: Water, water, water --- I love the little pacekts of mix that you can add to the water for flavoring - I am addicted to the Ocean Spray White Cran Peach flavor right now - YUMMO!!!!!

have a fabulous Thursday - almost the weekend!!!!!!!!!

January 27th, 2011, 06:36 AM
Good for you, Melanie! Keep up the good work. I tried working out at home, and it worked to a point, but working out at the gym is SO MUCH EASIER, especially since I can just drop them off downstairs and not worry about who's screaming for what or... it's so quiet, what are they doing?... I hope the gym has all you need and a decent rate for child care. I find it's a wonderful time for ME and we're going to sell all of our equipment, except the treadmill (DH and IL's like it when they visit). Gives us more room and may pay for a month or two of membership.

Today, my focus: not so much snacking. Work out. Water.

January 28th, 2011, 09:50 PM
What an aweful Friday. BAD. BAD. BAD. I craved chocolate, found some heath toffee chips in the cupboard left over from Christmas cookies, and wow. They're 1/2 gone! UG. Went for a walk, to try to ease some of the awefulness, but whatever. The day is over.

Tomorrow: working out heavy to try to balance for today. I hope to eat well. I hate that I don't have a good day when I don't work out! What's that all about?!

Sunday... I'm going to dinner with our "tall girls" group So, that means I have no idea how many calories there will be, but I'll work out before I go to not be as bad. DH will want eggs, bacon and pancakes for breakfast, too... Sigh. Why can't it be easy?!

Drinking good amounts of water. Maybe it will magically wash away some of that yumminess that's about to stick forever on my a$s.

Have you checked out your gym?

Any goals for the weekend? How did you do on water today?

January 29th, 2011, 04:35 AM
Hey there... Well I walked to lunch - about 12 blocks round trip - hills and everything... so I was excited about that - then ate Greek Chicken Pita for lunch - it was yummy...

Not as much water as I wanted - I left my bottle at home...

Last night was not good - i went to dinner with a girlfriend - yay a mommy night out - it was beer and pizza --- so today will hopefully go back to so more healthy eating...

walking some today just cause we are going to the mall and stuff for hair appts - so will stroll around with little man...

Haven't had a chance to check out the gym yet - hope to get to do that this weekend...

Goal this weekend - drink water - I have a tendency to do this more at work than at home...

January 29th, 2011, 01:01 PM
How are you doing, Melanie? Have you been able to check out the gym? How's your water doing?

I got about 1/2 my water in so far today, and I think I'll be able to get the rest in... no prob.

I certainly made up for yesterday's indulgence with workout today! I think the calculations show I burned about 700 calories today! I did the rower, bike and weights. I feel GREAT after I go... almost like I was back in college (although, post-sports )

I've been fighting the voice in my head that says to go grab some of those heath bar things... and I feel pretty strong to be able to say I haven't given in. It's a power thing for me, otherwise, I would have thrown the bag out! I'm testing myself.

Tonight, I think I'll make a light chicken enchilada casserole, so I can stay well under my cals and make up for yesterday.

Tomorrow is our tall girls club, dinner, and I plan on doing chef salad with dressing on the side... maybe no cheese... (but I LOVE cheese), and workout before I go to allow myself a few more calories. I have a feeling it will be a pancake, egg, bacon breakfast tomorrow, too... and those aren't light

My goal is always to LIVE while losing weight. If I feel like I'm dieting or restricting myself, I will never stick to it and it will ALLLLL come back on, plus more, probably... so I just want to do this so I am living, but also aware.

HOpe you are having a GREAT weekend!

January 31st, 2011, 08:30 AM
Great job... I am so pround of you...

Okay - so this weekend was good and bad -- good just because nothing catastrophic happened - Emmie was sick on Saturday with not sure what but two awful diapers and throw up once...

I went out for pizza and beer frinday night - yep --- and then the rest of the weekend ate like crap... UGH - I really have to watch this - Will Power please come back to me...

Water - so not enough of this - Will Power Please Come Back to Me...

Didn't get to check out the gym yet --- We really don't have the money for it yet and I didn't want to go and then be all excited just to get really disappointed... We have a treadmill and Boflex in our garage - I should be okay with that...

DH gets Thi Chi for $167 a month and I am soooo pissed off with this but ultimately I was the one who said yes to this because he unknowingly guilted me into it - how it would help him mentally, physically, blah, blah, blah... So what was I supposed to say...

DH weighs 306 - yeah not a small guy at all and 5'8 - so I have heard for the last oh 6 years about how he is going to lose weight and I have yet to see it - Friday night he ate 4 yes you read that right 4 hot dogs... I mean come on - no wonder we don't have food in our house... UGH - But I digress, I really could go on forever about things that just bug the SH*! out of me about him...

So got on the scale this morning and was sad but knew that it was so my fault and my fault alone - I was so tired this weekend it was ridiculous - I will ever so glad when Jackson sleeps through the night...

So goals for this week:

1 - NO SWEETS!!!!!!!! during the week days... If I can make it Monday - Friday without any sweets (cakes, ice creams, etc) then I will reward myself this weekend...

2 - Water, Water, and more Water

3 - Get on the treadmill and start Body for Life cardio tonight

And then I need to start looking at the food I eat... I have a friend who is becoming a certified personal trainer who is going to help - yeah me...

Hope you have a great monday...

January 31st, 2011, 03:41 PM
Hi, Melanie!

Kudos to you for staying SANE!!! That' a huge deal with a sick little one

About the hot dogs... My 40" 36 pound baby girl ate 3, yes 3, hot dogs yesterday for lunch. 3!!! I couldn't believe it.

I hear you on watching budgets. OUr gym is $40/month, so I have tightened up a bit on some other little things, but we NEVER eat out, go to movies, do hair/nails, massages... so I figure this (for me) was a good place to put $. I have the money and I am so depressed and disgusted when I see myself, so it's better to spend it for me than use it for hair, nails or movies!

I've heard AWESOME things about the bowflex, and it works all sorts of muscles, so it may be all you need.

You can do it this week! Just take it one day, one hour at a time. Don't look at the whole week, just the immediate times ahead. When you do something great (get your water in, pass up the candy), write it down and celebrate with fuzzy feelings. No success is too small!

I worked out this morning and for dinner, we're going to have fried chicken (pseudo fried, as I don't use a TON of oil) per DH's request (he can eat an entire chicken, a whole bag of fries, a 12 pack of beer and a cheesecake and lose 5 # doing so... he couldn't physically eat/drink all that, but you get my point), so I am glad I worked out.

Tomorrow is MOPS. That is a DANGER day because the food is soooo delish and I guess there are TONS of calories in the morning's feedings. I am going to try to work out in the morning before going, if I can get these kids out the door early enough. I need to get some sort of workout in to balance out the bazillion calories I'll eat, even if it's only 30-40 min of rowing.

Water's been good today. It's harder, for some reason, to get it in when I don't leave the house. You'd think it would be the opposite. I am focused on getting enough in tomorrow, too!

My ultimate goal is to lose enough weight so I can TTC without meds or expensive doc visits. We spent probably... hmmm... about $8,000 TTC Kellen, and I don't want to have to do the same for #3! I bet being fat was a big part of it, as it caused too much estrogen production which hurts fertility... Anyway... it's my big motivation. Plus, if I lose weight, my DH may actually want to touch me again

February 1st, 2011, 05:17 AM
Great job on the successes that you have and the ultimate goal you have set is definitely a grabber... Another baby - how sweet it is... I wish you much luck in the "natural" process of conceiving...

Well I didn't get enough water yesterday or get on the treadmill --- HOWEVER, I turned down a sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ate good yesterday during the day and DH was helping a friend last night so I had both kids by myself and it was a fussy night for both - from the time we left my mom's house (5:30ish) until oh about 6:30 to 7:00 is was constant whining - not the screaming but the really get under your skin kind of whining and Emmie knows better so that made it worse... She lost out on her popcicle last night because of it... I was about to take Yo Gabba Gabba away but to be honest that was only going to hurt me...

So finally got both of them in bed a little after 8pm... I was so tired and spent that I could have gone downstairs and eaten the last two pieces of chocolate cake sitting on the counter - but I ate two pieces of cheese pizza and fell asleep so I DIDN'T eat the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Goal for today - WATER and that is where I am going to leave the goal...

Have a great day - i see that it is freezing well acutally below freezing and way to dang cold for me in your area for sure... Stay bundled and warm.

February 1st, 2011, 10:48 AM
Hi, Melanie! I've had those whining days. Talk about wanting to give your kid away for a day! They know JUUUUST how to do it, too, so it drives you mad. Kensley's lost losts of priviledges and has had a spanking or two because of days with incessant whining. Ug...

Yep, today it's -17 now. and it's noon. BRRR... and Kensley stands by the door and leaves it open to let the dogs in and out

Yesterday was good.

Today: no MOPS, which is good. but at the same time, I'm already only 500 from maxing out on my cals (those freaking snacks) so I may have to walk the treadmill tonight to give me some leniency for a fun dinner (pulled beef, oven fries, veggies...) and hot cocoa for dessert By the end of the day, though, I'm usually too tired to get on any exercise equipment!

Water. Yep. I'm short on that today, too. I'll have to better that.

I'm tired. Nap will be in my future, I can see it... all bundled under the covers!

February 2nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Hi, Melanie! How's the water going?

I was GREAT on water yesterday, and as suspected, too tired to do the treadmill in the p.m., and of course then, DD wants to make cookies and DH wanted brownies anyway, so we made one batch of cookies and I ate well, a few... So, I was WAY over yesterday. I think by like 600 or so calories! Jeesh.

Soooo... knowing we now have a few cookies in the house and that I have no will power... there is no school today because of the freezing temps (high of 2, low again -20) DH is home (teacher) and I am going to the gym this morning to get a heavy duty workout in. I already can tell you I'm going to eat cookies. I'll also get in my water, I've been doing OK with that. I have no idea what we'll eat for supper, but I will try something that isn't uber fattening.

So, the balancing act begins. I have to find a way to balance all this so I can live normally. I don't want to "diet" or feel deprived or that I can't ever eat cookies or pizza or beer or wine or whatever! So, we'll see how all this turns out when I step on the scale on Monday

February 2nd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Hey there... I am the same way - trying to live normally while still losing weight is a battle in itself...

Water is going very well - I drank about 44 oz yesterday - not the 64 that I "need" but hey that is better than nothing...

I have drank about 25oz today - will have to fill up my bottle again...

Last night sucked because I finished off the chocolate cake in the house - but that also means there are no sweets in my house other than cookie dough and I am way to tired at night to make then so I am good right now...

Breakfast today was Raisin Bran, OJ, Strawberry Yogurt
Lunch - Soup, salad, sandwich - probably over on calorie because the can of soup is 2 servings which is just stupid - no one is going to open a can that you can't reseal and only eat half - go ahead an adjust the lable for 1 serving or make the can smaller... sandwich was bad because it was cheese sandwich - Cheese is my downfall in life... I love it way too much - probably more than my hubby

Dinner tonight - I am going to church night supper with my mom at her church and it is breakfast so I know that it probably won't be good but I at least know ahead of time...

Still working on that goal of getting onto the treadmill - I may just have to get up early (like 4am or so - which sometimes I am anyway) and do it then - I am so much more of a morning person than a night person.

Right now I am having severe pain in my foot from my bunyons (sp) - old lady feet is what I call them - UGH --- so I have exercises that I need to do --- carrying a 30lb toddler up and down stairs (15) gets to you...

So I am doing okay so far - not great yet but I will get there - I just need the time... Which is what I know I have!!!!

have a great day!!!!!!!!! Eat a cooking then eat a piece of fruit - see balance

February 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
Hi, Melanie...

Sounds like a healthy breakfast and lunch to me! I LOVE cheese, too and I just have to account for it, because I'm not cutting it out! I don't want you to push yourself so your feet are killing you! You have to take care of your poor little footsies, too Just take it one goal at a time and don't beat yourself up if you can't get to any of the others. Each change is a GREAT one and should be celebrated!!!

I did awesome today and I hope I can tomorrow, too... I'm hoping to workout on Sat and Sun as well, so I won't kill my "diet" on Sunday when I have beer or wine, lots of appetizers, sub sandwiches and whatever else we have at our SuperBowl party Oh well

February 3rd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Well last night was okay for the dinner - they didn't have pancackes or anything and I chose the regular grits over the cheese grits...

Today has sucked so far --- after hitting the deer this morning (see post on reg board) and then Hubby being sick still, I had to take Jackson to my mom's and Emmie to school - so I was running late for work so I ate a Snickers on the way in...

Breakfast was good for Raisin Bran but lunch was bad - mexican - I met up with Neepa (uvatigger) mommy and it was so much fun - she is so awesome...

So tonight - grilled chicken (has been marinating in italian dressing for 2 days now) and steam veggies...

Goal as always - water, water, water...

February 4th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Awww... Melanie! I didn't see the post about hitting the deer I'm so sorry. That is heartwrenching AND taxing because of the damage it does. I'd be a mess if I hit a deer...

So glad you got to meet Neepa! That is awesome Did you get any pics? Do you bot live in the same city? Too cool!

You know... a snickers now and again isn't going to kill you, it's just how the rest of the day goes. Mexican food can be OK. We had red enchiladas yesterday, and they were pretty healthy. Corn torts are low cals, as is the sauce... but it's all the yummy cheese and meat that can throw things off. If you had beans and just a little rice, you may have done OK...

Try not to beat yourself up and just work on one thing at a time. It was a hectic day and a fun, special lunch!

Me? I did great yesterday. I did cardio workout for a little over an HOUR! and some ab work and my food was fine (calorie wise, I'm still eating some junk... doritos, goldfish, snack bars... but it fits in my calories, so I'm not worrying about going all out healthy right now). I think I was UNDER by about 600 or so calories, which makes up for one of my other blow-off days...

Sunday's going to be bad, but the SuperBowl doesn't come around but once a year! I think I'm either going to do some wine or Michelob Ultra... the ultra is actually fewer calories and I like them both... You can bet I'll be eating some yummy junk, too. I'm weighing Sunday MORNING, and then will work on getting it off the rest of the week

Tonight, we're doing pizza, but I figure what I usually eat is about 600 calories, so I just keep that in mind for the day. I don't know if I'll get exercise in. Not going to town today. Kellen's got a slight fever, none of us slept well. I should get on the treadmill, but being tired...

February 5th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Hi, Melanie...

Yesterday ended up great! I got in all my water, worked my butt off (hopefully literally!) ate a YUMMY pizza (well, a good slice and a half)... I was over on calories, but I knew I would be and I'm not disappointed in that. I even tried, (yes, TRIED) to work out, but it was freaking impossible. I had Kellen in the sling and walked briskly on the treadmill at about a 10% incline for 12 minutes, and then I ran out of steam, especially when my 3 year old was bouncing around yelling, "my turn, my turn". So, I did get 12 min. in and my daughter got a few minutes in, too That's seriously more than I thought I would do.

Today is even better. I feel great and am consciously testing my will power. Water is great, worked out HARD core this morning, had 1 slice of left over pizza for lunch and no more, and when I got the idea to snack (my downfall), I instead put whitening strips on my teeth These need to stay on for 1/2 hour, so it helped outlast the craving to snack out of boredom (or just cuz...)

I'm now hungry and want to snack, but am seeing if I can last til dinner, which is only an hour or so away. I'm testing myself I want to end the day with enough calories to "spare" so it makes up for yesterday and I have some in "reserve" for tomorrow

Tomorrow, I'm going to work out hard again so I can have room for a yummy SuperBowl party and some good glasses of wine or Mich. ultra

Last edited by redbirds; February 5th, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
February 5th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Well it has definitely been difficutly for me lately... This week has been horrible...

DH has been seriously ill since Tuesday - He had severe diarreah on Wed, Thurs, and into Friday - he still has it but not as bad - We are definitely starting to get concerned.

On top of that I ended up taking Friday off of work because I had way too many errands to run...

Friday afternoon - DH & I got into a huge fight - I ended the arguement and said that I was going to pick up Jackson and then heading to my moms to hang for a while... It has been a very stressful week.

So I am basically keeping up with everything along with working 40 hours a week - I am EXHAUSTED...

So this week has been a bust - UGH - one day I will actually get some me time.

February 6th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Oh, lord, Melanie! You have to prioritize things, and your energy and peace of mind are #1. All this other stuff can wait. I'm so sorry you are going through this!

I hope your DH feels better, maybe that is one of the reasons why he was argumentative. And I have NO idea how you work and manage everyone else as well. Just reading about your day is exhausting. You need a VACATION!!!

February 8th, 2011, 08:32 AM
How are you doing, Melanie? I hope you are well on all fronts ((HUGS))

Me? Sick, blah. I must have caught it on Sunday. I knew I would go overboard on Sunday, too (superbowl party) but being sick yesterday and today, it's no problem keeping foods to a minimum. Water is harder to get in because I don't feel well, but I think I can mix it as tea or something to help get my quota in.

My muscles, head, stomach and eyeballs ache. I hope this is gone by tomorrow. I hate being sick.

I worked out yesterday morning, but it was slow and steady because I wasn't feeling well. At first, I thought it was remnants of the party, but now I'm sure it's a bug or something... so not going to the gym until Thursday. I don't want to pass this on to anyone else. Blech.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search