redbirds - Misscallie

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2011, 10:27 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Things are better - DH is on the mend finally - Sunday afternoon late he started feeling okay... It was crazy!!!!!

We still have some issues that need to be worked out and we will contend with those...

I actually took Emmie for a walk on Sunday and down to the neighborhood park - so it was nice to get some fresh air...

Also the Gold's Gym right beside my house has a special - $20 down and $20 a month - I really think I can swing this --- so this weekend I am checking it out... Excited...

Food - yay and nay - baked cookies - Bad Mel Mel... Ate some good... According to the scale I dropped 1/2 to 1lb (depending on the time you step on it)... so - hanging tough...

It may literally take me months before I can even get to where you are and I hope that you are able to hang in there with me through this --- the winter needs to end - the daylight savings time needs to start - I really miss my walks around the neighborhood...

I hope that you are feeling better - being sick really does suck!!!!!

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

February 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
No worries, Melanie... I'm here for you. It took me YEARS, literally, to finally get to the motivation I have today. You could probably look through our Jan 08 PR stuff to see how I was aching to lose weight after DD, and it never happened. This year, it just snapped and having that free month gift certificate to the gym, along with having to take DD to preschool and do something in town for 3 hours really helped push me to go, and once I went, I remembered how much I LOVE to work out and having the daycare is a GOD SEND and provides me with simple me time.

Anyway...

Wanted to tell you there's a book out, I think called the Water Cure or something like that. ONe chapter is on being overweight, and how so many people become much healthier and lose weight simply by increasing their water. So, it's a good goal to have!

Glad things are looking better for you. You have a lot going on and deserve HUGE hugs for keeping things together like you do. I hope your DH realizes this soon :hugs:

Today... I basically ate a bunch of bland carbs. My stomach still isn't settled. I'm still tired, but tonight, I'm starting to feel better, so my guess is I'll be good tomorrow. YAY! (FX)...

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
February 10th, 2011, 05:06 AM
Hi there... Thanks for hanging with me... I know that once I get into the habit (yep habit being the word of the day) of going to the gym or walking or something then I get so into it and love it... Especially when I start seeing results then I get super excited.

I hope that you are feeling better soon... It is great that you have that 3 hours span of time to get some of YOU time --- oh dare to dream of this.

So now DH is over the gut thing to now only have a nasty cold - he can't win - and when he doesn't win neither do I - he is such a baby (men) when he is sick... UGH --- I really want spring to come so we can all get out of the house into the fresh air!!!

Goal today - water, water, water... as always :-)

February 10th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Glad to see you are still devoted to making a habit for yourself It's hard to start, but when you see results, it gets things rolling faster

I felt much better yesterday. I'd say, about 90% back to normal. Today, maybe just a tad better, but still not quite 100%. DD has preschool, so I'm going to the gym. Haven't been since Monday, and I am looking forward to a good workout. I'm also focused on water today.

Yesterday, I didn't work out and was hungry after the first couple days of blahness, so I was over my cals by about 200, I think. Not hard to do. Today, I should be better.

I've got a "coffee and chatter" women's get-together with all the neighbors, and the food is UNBELIEVABLE, so Saturday is going to be way over on calories. If I can work out and keep my foods in check today and tomorrow, I may be ok for the week.

Nothing like a weekly challenge!

February 12th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Hi, Melanie!

It's the weekend!! How are things going with your DH? I hope it's getting better ((HUGS))

I've been doing well. It's pretty motivating when you start to see the #'s go down I am down another 3 # ! THis takes me down to below pre-Kellen! I'm 11 pounds from pre-Kensley

I've got a brunch today and it's MAJOR good, rich food. I don't think I'm going to be below cals today! Oh well... I will just have to work out this week and cross my fingers that I can burn it all off before I weigh in again next weekend. It's going to be iffy because we also have MOPS on Tues, and the food there is delish too. Sigh. I am not on a diet, though, so I guess these are the tests to see if I can do this REAL life style.

I hope you are doing good! Keep chugging that water. It will help all your muscles, organs and blood ((HUGS))

February 15th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Gwynne - you are doing so FANTASTIC!!!! I am so proud of you - you are definitely a huge motivation for me --- Time needs to be my friend and it doesn't want to be right now... UGH

Things are actually a lot better with DH - he had a semi-meltdown about a week or so ago and I left the house for a while and he called his mom thinking that I was leaving him and taking the kids, etc... Evidentally that was a bit of a wake up call because he has been such a huge help since then - super nice - and more understanding.

For Valentine's day he made me a DVD (hoping to upload and show you girls) of some movies with the kids and then a photo montage set to our wedding song... Very sweet... I loved it... Then I actually got to have some me time this past weekend - I got to have lunch with girlfriends and go to a movie and everything - it was great...

I have lost a pound in two weeks - not the best but hey I will take it... I am so excited the weather is getting nicer here - it was beautiful this past weekend! Once it stays this way my mom and I are going to start walking everyday in her neighborhood (or mine - she is thinking about moving) --- so I am so excited about that... I love walking around our neighborhood! I am still hoping to look into the gym but will be okay for now.

How was your weekend? I hope you are having a fabulous beginning to the week.

Goal as always - Water, water, water - been slack about this, need to get back into it.

February 15th, 2011, 11:48 AM
That's great that your DH is wising up What a great Valentine's gift! Sometimes, we all need a little push and wake up call to get things moving! I hope your mom can move closer to you, that may take off some stress, too, to have a little help and get some you-time in. You deserve some stress-free living, lady! ((HUGS))

1 # down is AWESOME! Don't shrug it off, at all! It means you are doing something right Keep working on the water. It can be your best friend

Saturday was tough, with the brunch, and today (Tues) was MOPS day, and I swear I ate about 1500 calories. You have no idea how much you eat until you have to break it down to calories. I didn't eat that much at all, but I bet most everything I had was high in calories. So... I didn't eat breakfast and won't eat lunch to hopefully do some damage control. I already know I won't exercise today. I've learned if I don't do it in the morning, it just ain't happening

Tomorrow is Kensley's music class, so I *hope* to get a little workout in before then! Even if just 40 min on the rower or the elliptical, it can help balance out these past couple days. Thursday will be one helluva workout! and I may sneak them to the gym again Friday, so we can eat pizza

I love the gym. I am not always fond of the 15 min or so to get there, but it's a beautiful drive and on the way home, my mind is always on something I need to do, so it's good thinking time.

Keep up the good work, Melanie. I'm here if you need to chat and sort some things out, no matter what they are. We aren't dieting, we are living, and willing ourselves to live healthier and smaller at that

February 18th, 2011, 07:59 PM
This has been a tough week! I have not finished one day under my "allowed" calories Some days, granted, I'm only over by like 50 or so calories, but still... I worked out 3x so far this week, and will get another good workout in on Sunday. I'm 300+ cals over this week so far, and I need to get UNDER! It's bugging me and is my goal now

How are you doing, Melanie? Any plans for the weekend? How's the weather and the water going? I thought of you today and made a big effort to choose water over other drinks today. I got a TON in

Just thought I'd check in with you. I won't weigh in until Sun. morning, so no idea how this week is. To be honest, I'll be surprised if I lose anything.

February 21st, 2011, 02:18 AM
Hi Gwynne... First of all you have done absolutely FABULOUS so far... If you have been over this week make sure that you give yourself and your body just a wee bit of a break - it actually might help in the long run --- as it may keep your body from plateuing (sp)...

Me - not so good for some reason - oh I know - will power and laziness... UGH --- I really need the weather to run around and stay warm so I can start getting outside and this may be the time...

This weekend was absolutely beautiful --- we were able to get outside a lot - although all I did was hold Jackson... We cooked out Saturday night - Jackson was Baptized on Sunday and we did a chilli cook off at church on Sunday (which we won)

This week is upper 60's and low 70's - well today is supposed to be a high of 78... Today Emmie's daycare is closed for staff training so I had to take the day off of work (yep no holiday for us)... so which means my mom won't be watching Jackson per say - We (me, mom, sis, Emmie & Jackson) are going to the zoo. So although it won't be aeorbic in nature I will get some walking and water in today...

The water is so hard to get in at home for some reason - I just don't drink as much... So I need to focus on that.

I hope that you have a fabulous Monday...

Goal - water, water, water.... and walk, walk, walk

February 21st, 2011, 07:17 AM
YAY for the zoo! I totally count that as exercise, and while we're on spring break, that's one thing we're going to do and I'm counting it!

Have you thought about flavoring your water with something to help make it easier to drink? It helps me when I'm simply water resistant

I worked my butt off yesterday to make up for the day before, and I weighed today and I lost 2 pounds! That takes me to 247. On Jan 6 when I began all this, I was 264, and when I was preggo with Kellen, my peak was 292, so I've lost a good amount so far! and I don't plan on stopping.

I love, love, love my gym. I can think through so many things! Granted, we're no where near 78 degrees and there's still snow on the ground, so thank God for the gym

Have fun today and on winning the chili contest. That's a big deal! I love chili

February 26th, 2011, 10:26 PM
OK, it's been a while...

I'm doing awesome! Today was difficult because I didn' work out and we had T-bones and potatoes for dinner but I knew it would be a splurge day and I've "saved" plenty of calories from throughout the week that I didn't beat myself up over it.

Tomorrow, I'll do a thorough workout because this week I'm traveling and that's super tough... plus, I have MOPS on Tues morning and that's always a forget-it-I'm-eating-it-all morning! Eh.

I think I'll weigh on Monday morning. I hope I'm still heading the right direction on the scales!

February 26th, 2011, 10:44 PM
Hey Gwynne...

I have the been the worst buddy this week and apologize perfusely for this... It has been crazy busy and at work and home but still no excuse...

So we also had salad, steak and potato for dinner - it was yummy and a small dessert...

I do great at work with the water (especially when I have the little flavor packets) but it is so hard at home on the weekends... the kids keep me so busy it is ridiuclous... You would think that as much as I go up and down a flight of 15 stairs that I would skiiny as the rail but oh no...

So you are doing a fantastic job and keep it up --- believe it or not I am living vicariously through your successes and know that one day - oh one day I will also get to be in that place of saying yes I was able to work out today and do this and that... Oh dare to dream a dream...

Now Emmie is sick with I am thinking a nasty cold as we sit downstairs in the living room on her 3rd hour of coughing and I have been subjected to Yo Gabba Gabba, The Wiggles, and now Barney --- UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So keep up the good work - you are doing fabulous...

February 27th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Ahhh.... The Wiggles! I hope sweet little Emmie feels better ((HUGS))

You are doing GREAT, keep in mind that you are NOT sitting all day, especially when you are home with the tykes. I, on the other hand, sit a lot when I'm not presenting, and this helped get me to where I was!

Water's awesome, if you can keep that up, you are doing better than most Americans! Hang in there, the weather's getting warmer as we speak

March 6th, 2011, 01:46 PM
How are you doing, Melanie?

My week's been a challenge and it will continue to be so. Traveling is tough, can't get in the workouts, and my IL's are here and they like yummy desserts So... yesterday, we went out to eat and I was WAY over my daily limit (hurts that I didn't workout), so for the week, I'm like 1500 calories over Oh well. As long as I don't gain, I'm OK.

I worked my butt off today, so maybe that will help. I'm on the scale tomorrow, and will work out again tomorrow, Tues and off to travel on Wed.

I absolutely can NOT wait to be down to the 230's. Sounds strange, but I haven't been in the low 230's for a LONG time. I was 238 when I got our surprise pregnancy with Kensley, so I think the 230's is my max natural weight for good fertility. That was also 4 years ago... So, even less would be better to balance out the age and help lower the estrodial levels that seemed to cause problems when TTC Kellen.

I'm dying to get to my goal even worse, but I have to make mini-goals like that to keep my sanity

How are you? How's the water and the weather going?

March 7th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Hi there... Well the water could be better of course... It is so hard to drink a lot of water or anything else while I am at home and I have no clue why - I guess I just don't think about it...

But I do have news.............................. I finally did something for ME................

I joined Gold's Gym!!!!!!!!!! I signed up Saturday - I am going to be paying $40 a month which includes all the club ammenities, pool, classes, kids car, tanning, hydro massage....

So I went Sunday morning for my orientation - didn't expect to be worked out - good Lord.... but then I signed up for a trainer... Yep - I am going to be paying $100 a month for a trainer!!!!!!!! I will meet with the trainer the week of March 28th - I get to have a trainer session 3X a month - so there will be 1 week a month that I am solo but that is okay... At least now I am going to have someone to answer too... and they help with nutrition as well...

So now there is no excuse for me to waste this much money... I am so excited... Hubby is going to work with me and if need be get off early during the week if I want to go the gym and take a class (i.e. Zumba) and stuff...

So I am super excited... I am going to go today and do just the treadmill and stuff - Zumba is at 4:45 on Mondays and I still need to work out the schedule deal with hubby for this class but I am going to the Zumba class tomorrow night at 8pm...

The gym is literally less than 3 minutes (if I don't hit the 2 stop lights) from my house...

I am soooooooo excited and psyched to be doing this...

My current weight - 234 - UGLY!!!!!!! So I am not going to be weighing myself every day or even week - I may just put up my scale for a while and weigh like 1 time a month in the beginning to see how everything is going.

My yearly goal - lose 75lbs...

I know that you have been super busy with traveling and stuff so that is okay but just know that you can always get right back on that horse and believe it or not it may actually be a good thing to kind of trick your body so it doesn't hit that platue...

March 13th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Hi Gwynne,

You must the traveling momma right now - hope all is well...

Been good here --- although I have slacked off on the water, I did go to the gym 3 times last week for Zumba class... I am feeling it but oh the pain actually feels so good...

Loving that I joined and love Zumba and at the end of March will be looking forward to the personal trainer.

I think I may have lost a couple of pounds but not sure yet....

Hope you are doing well and hope to hear from you soon.

March 13th, 2011, 10:03 PM
HI, Melanie!!!

I'm sooooo excited for you! Exercise is WONDERFUL for curing any winter blues or other bouts of sadness we can face as mamas. and it's excellent YOU time I bet you're already transforming to a new you

I have been traveling. Went to Phoenix 2 weeks ago. Last week, was in OH, and Tues., heading to TX. Believe it or not, over all that travel and having the IL's here with all the wonderful junk, I've managed to lose 2.5 pounds. Not bad! It slowed because of the foods and such, but a loss is a loss and it shows me I can still do this! Sooo... As of Jan. 6, when I bit the bullet and did this for ME, I lost 22 pounds and bringing it to pregnancy weight (since some of it still was), it's a total loss of 50 pounds! I have 32 more to go for my first goal, and it's a goal I can live with and feel very good about! I may reassess and go for another 15... we'll see. It still won't take me to super skinny like in high school or college, but it'd be one more dress size down. I hope to be pregnant, though, and have to put some or all of that other 15 on hold til after baby 3

Went to the gym today because I've not worked out for a few days, and the Duke game was on (oh, yeah baby... HUGE Duke fan here!) and so I worked out for the WHOLE game! it was almost 2 hours of pure cardio. Woo hoo!!

I go again tomorrow and Tuesday before travels... Then the next 10 days will be really tricky. I'll work out at the hotel my mom is staying at (it's both a business and personal trip, as my brother is getting married, so I schedule a bit of business around it), and then when I'm at the hotel before my work, I'll use their workout room... but it's really going to be tough. To be honest, I'll be happy if I maintain! But I'm pretty set on trying to work out somehow.

I'm so proud of you, Melanie! It's so worth it, even if we have to revamp the budget to make it work. It's such an emotional and physical boost. I hope your husband continues to help make this work. It's important

March 15th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Hey there... First of all CONGRATS!!!!!!!! on the so far weightloss - this is fantastic...

I can't believe how much you travel --- I couldn't imagine having to leave little man at home already... You are a very strong woman for that.

Glad you are able to put some fun into this trip and congrats to your mom for upcoming marriage...

You can do what you can do... I always tell DH that he needs to take it one day at a time and one step at a time... it will come... if you are able to work out then great and if not then maybe take the stairs instead of the elevator or park a little further away (although I really recommend under the light)... maybe walk to a near by store or something... that way you really are getting some exercise in even if you aren't able to dedicate to the gym

Okay so I am curious as to what it is that you do exactly? Would love to hear about it.

Loving the gym and now that we have had such nice weather we have taken walks around the neighbor on Sunday and yesterday - woo hoo...

Have a safe trip and look forward to hearing from you soon.

March 15th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hi, Melanie!

You are on a roll, girl! I hope the beautiful weather also helps lift spirits and get all those kiddos (yours and all the others who have cabin fever) in good moods and running around! Kensley has been outside a lot lately, and I can tell her mood is lifted.

We are all going to TX today... so no leaving the little guy this round My brother's getting married, and I'm also working, so we'll also see Opa (my dad) and Grandma (my mom and her boyfriend), but Kensley is MOST excited to see Uncle Morgan (my brother). She just adores him, even though we only see him about 3x/year!

I'm going to work out today, and then borrow the fitness room at my moms and my dad's hotels. We're also going to the zoo and Sea World, so LOTS of walking.

What do I do Well... official title is organizational psychologist (organizational as in companies, not organized) and I work mostly with project managers and business analysts in leadership development. I often conduct workshops on communication skills, personalities, team management, managing up and so forth. I work on-site and also with several groups at once. I also facilitate executive coaching, but this rarely takes me out of town. It's the development and workshop programs that get me traveling I usually leave the day before the contracted work, do the work (1-2 days) and come home LATE that night that the program or assessments have ended. So, usually only gone 2 nights at the most. Not much.

I'll check in!

March 27th, 2011, 09:10 AM
OMG... talk about not sticking to the plan. 11 days: never worked out once. NEVER! Ate EVERYTHING (donuts, chips, hamburgers, fries, pop tarts, steaks, cereal, ice cream, god, you name it) and I was expecting a 5# gain, at least. Got on the scale this morning: didn't gain an ounce! That tells me I'm so fat, I can maintain eating all that junk I'm glad I didn't gain, but it was also an eye opener.

So, today, I'm back in the swing of things, focus on water, and I'm going to the gym for a couple hours. I expect to see residual effects of last week on the next weigh in, but hopefully I can work my butt off this week and it'll all balance out and I'll be back on the "losing" streak

How are you doing with your class, gym membership and water? Do you like it? Do you have any free time from kiddos with it?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search