redbirds - Misscallie

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 12:09 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Hi, Melanie!

How are you doing with your gym membership? Are you able to juggle it all? It's got to be hard with the kids and all. Here's hoping it's all going well!

I tried my first spin class today. Holy cow. I about died! But afterwards, I felt great. It's a real push for about 40 minutes, and we also have a little warm up and cool down and stretch. I then had a little time left, so I worked on weights for my arms. I feel pretty good about it!

Now, food... that's another story. Still eating all the snacks and sweets we have around from the break, but I'm working at the gym to keep within limits. We'll see come around Sun or Mon when I hop on the scale.

Water's not good. I have to be very conscious of it. Better!

((HUGS)) I hope you're hanging in there and enjoying your zumba!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
April 12th, 2011, 06:38 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Hi Gwynne - from your LOSER Buddy here... I am so sorry that I have not been around - I suck!!!!

Things are great with the gym... I am some how for the most part able to get 3 Zumba classes in a week - Tuesday at 8pm, Friday at 5:45 and Saturday at 8:15am... I also am meeting my trainer 3X per month - although it would be fabo if I could meet her 2X per week but the checkbook doesn't allow for that...

So I love what I am doing so far and I am so impatient that I thought for sure after one week of eating healthier and meeting her that I for sure had lost weight - yeah right... nope the scale said same thing...

So my starting weight for trainer is 235 - UGLY!!!!!!!!

Now I don't know if you use the website myfitnesspal.com - but it rocks for tracking foods... It will track what you are supposed to eat for calories, proteins, carbs, etc.... check it out...

I know what you mean about platueau (sp)... Maybe jar your body - do something totally different routine wise - is there a class you can do that is different...

You have done PHENOMENUAL (sp).... I wish I could have the ticker like you...

Also - you are looking FABO - your pics of the new makeover - the hair is awesome... You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also - water, water, water, and sleep, sleep, sleep is essintial!!!!

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

April 12th, 2011, 07:17 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
You are doing awesome, Melanie! That's great to hear about your classes and the trainer You'll see it on the scale in no time. You're probably adding muscle and losing fat, which converts to a smaller you but not much loss on the scale at first. Then it just MELTS off!!! You can do it!

Yep, I hit a plateau. I'm determined not to sit here for any longer. It's a VERY comfortable weight for my body (not me!) because I've been at it or around it for probably 8 or more years. It's going to be a kicker to beat, but when I do, I'll be happy.

My weight when I started Jan. 6 was 264 NOT GOOD. When you see it from the start in Sept. I was 291!! I never, ever ever want to be there again, even 250's! Even pregnant!!!

ETA: The ticker includes pregnancy weight. If you look at starting Jan. 6 when I joined the gym, I've lost 23 pounds. Not shabby.

I'm a bit razzled because of our push to TTC again this summer. I really want to be at my goal, or very near it, to help boost our chances. This month pushed things back nearly a month, too.

Bah.

More water!!! That's my motto this week. Everything else is fine. I'm going to weigh in on Sunday. I want this week to fly!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!

Last edited by redbirds; April 12th, 2011 at 07:20 AM.
June 3rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Hey Gwynne - Do you hate me yet

I have been a TERRIBLE buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooo sorry...

I hope that things are going great for you --- please catch me up... I know that you have been traveling and such and I want us to get back at it --- let's go girl - we can do this...

I really need a good swift kick in the A S S!!!!!!! need to eat right again and get to gym more often... I just feel like it is soooo hard to find time... UGH

I am go, go, go from 5:30am to 8:30pm and I still haven't eaten dinner....

I am hoping that once Jackson is in daycare and on the same kind of time schedule as Emmie that it will be a whole lot better....

I hope you are doing great - let me know your progress and what I can do to help... I am HERE FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search