Kemper - Veronicabride - KimberlyAnn327

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2011, 10:53 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are you ladies doing? I decided to stop the Nutrisystem thing. I think part of my supply problem was that I wasn't consuming enough calories. It was only around 1200-1300 per day. While that's great for weight loss, it's not so great for breastfeeding. So I seem to be maintaining now. I just can't seem to drop weight without it affecting my supply. I figure the weight loss can wait, though. I'd rather continue to nurse Rayne until she's at least 12 months then I can focus on it after she is weaned.

March 31st, 2011, 11:33 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
I hear that Kim. I am losing weight pretty consistently and have had a few times during the process were my supply has started to dip. I have just upped my calories for a few days, took fenugreek, ate lots of steel cut oats and monster cookies and drank a ton of water. Once my supply was back up then I went back to counting calories. I am not as low in my calories as you though. I currently try to stay under 1650 or so. And if I want to eat more, I just exercise more. I agree though, my milk supply is number one, so whenever that starts to dip, I adjust accordingly.

I am doing great otherwise. I have started trying to run. I am doing the Couch to 5K program. Currently on week 3. And I signed up for a 5K run on June 5th so my goal is to be able to run the whole thing by then. It will likely be really slow but for my first one I just want to be able to run it. Also I am so so so close to my goal weight. The entire time DH and I dated and when we were married I weighed 130lbs. Then we got pregnant with Avery really quickly and I have never gone below 155 since then. This morning my scale said 130.8

March 31st, 2011, 11:39 AM
That's awesome Jen! I want to start exercising but I just don't have the time, it seems.

March 31st, 2011, 12:26 PM
It can definitely be hard to find the time. I can't even imagine with 5 kids. Maybe try to incorporate exercise in ways that include the family. Go for a walk as a family. Get a Wii or xbox kinect and play games as a family. Just some thoughts.

April 12th, 2011, 07:24 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Alright so now that Heath is gone for the next 3 months, I'm really motivated to get my butt in gear and start exercising so he can come home to a hot wife!

Now I just need to know what to do. I am thinking of going to the gym and getting a personal trainer... I *really* need the motivation because I am seriously lacking in that area.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

April 12th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Kat I think getting a personal trainer is a great idea, especially if you have trouble staying motivated. Getting into an exercise routine will also make the time go by quicker I think.
But really, he's coming home to a hot wife, no matter what

I am starting week 5 of my Couch to 5K tonight when Mike gets home from work. Tonights run is three 5 minute runs with 3 mins of walking in between them. I am feeling okay about tonights run but nervous for the rest of this week. Thursdays runs are 8 minutes and Saturday is a 20 minute run I know that doesn't seem like a lot but just 4 weeks ago I thought it was toughing running for one minute straight. I am loving the progress I am making with this.

April 15th, 2011, 11:54 PM
You're too sweet

I definitely have a problem getting motivated. I'm hoping a trainer will keep me on track. Wish me luck!

Great job with the couch to 5k. 20 minutes is AWESOME. Let us know how that works out! I doubt I could run for 2

April 25th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Jen- How is the couch to 5k going? Getting anywhere with it??

I joined the gym today (I see Heath in exactly 2 months from today) and got myself a trainer and dangggg those guys are expensive! I better see some serious results.
I am mostly working on building up my muscle and lowering my body fat. I'm at the right weight, so I'm not going to try to lose any. I'm going to the gym 5x a week and training 3x so that should keep me pretty on track. I'm also taking some substances to help with breaking down my body fats. I would really like to take some fat burners, but with BFing I'm not even going to chance it.

Wish me luck!! I will try to add a before pic tomorrow. I hope I don't scare you

April 26th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Kat- I've always wanted to have a personal trainer but yes, so expensive! I hope you see good results!

Jen- Update us on the c25k! I did the first week a while back and that seriously kicked my butt! WTG on keeping with it!

I'm still just maintaining. I went for a walk on Sunday, over a mile. I wasn't planning on it but we decided to walk up to the park from my parents' house with my bro, SIL and nephew. Of course, I wore horrible shoes for walking so my feet were killing me by the end. But still, it felt good to get out there and exercise.

April 26th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Kat I can't wait for some before pics. It sounds like you have a great plan to tone up and reduce your body fat. Can I ask what it is you take to break up body fats? I've never really heard of that, though never looked into it either. Sounds interesting.

Sounds like a nice walk with the family Kim.

The C25K is going great. I am in week 7 now. It is no longer walking and running intervals. It is straight running now. I do 3 runs a week. I have done the first run of week 7 and have 2 more 2 do. Week 7 is a 25 minute run, week 8 is 28 min runs and week 9 is 30 minute runs. I am really loving this. Mike is doing it to and we are signed up to do our first 5K run on June 5th. He thinks that is so far away and wants us to do one on May 22nd. I think this is going to be our new obsession. Lol

And Kim, if you want to learn to run, you should give the C25K another shot. The first week killed me too. It really does help you build up your endurance pretty quickly.

April 26th, 2011, 11:38 AM
30 minutes!! wow. I would love to be able to do that some day. Have you been noticing results from that- weight wise?

I weighed today for the first time in a few weeks and I'm at 121.8. That really surprised me as I thought I was more in the 125-130 range. I am happy to be there!!

Ok so here goes the pics (completely unedited so please excuse my stretch marks ):

I'm am VERY VERY excited to get rid of my "pooch" and "love handles".

ETA: Sorry Jen! I forgot to answer your question. I am taking Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) and L-Carnitine.

Last edited by kemper2.0; April 26th, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
April 26th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I am definitely noticing results. While I am back down to the same weight I was in University, I am in a smaller pant size. I am losing inches on my thighs and butt from running and those were my problem areas before. Last week I went outlet shopping and was shocked to fit in a size 4!!! I have never, I mean never in my whole life been a size 4. I was a 6 for most of my life (high school, university, when DH and I dated and got married) and could never come close to a smaller size cause my thighs were big. I still think they look big and flabby but I have definitely lost some inches there. I wish I had taken true before pics. Since January 4th I am down almost 30 lbs and down from a size 12 to a 4. I will have to try and find a pic that will due as a before. I am getting my hair cut and coloured and a facial and stuff on Thursday so I should take some after pics that day.

Your pics look great Kat! You are small enough that I think with a trainer you will see results pretty quickly. I hope you like your trainer.

May 2nd, 2011, 04:02 PM
My butt is being thoroughly kicked at the gym.
I've stopped drinking Diet Cokes and am just on water now.
My diet is rocking.
and I can't wait to weigh in again!!

I predict that I will drop a couple of pounds and then start gaining again as muscle grows as that is really what I am working towards. My body fat %age is at 18.5% and I'd like to see it at 15-16%. It will take awhile, but I know I can do it. I'm feeling really good! I haven't been able to go to the gym at all this week because I'm out of town visiting my in-laws, but I have appointments both friday and saturday so I can't wait to get at it again!
May 12th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Today I weighed in at 118.4. So a little over a 3 pound weight loss for me. I'm totally discouraged though because I see NO progress in my midsection. It's still as poochy as ever

Still not giving up though. How are you ladies doing?

May 13th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Kat, 3lbs is awesome. I understand your frustration though. I wish we could target weight loss in certain areas but it doesn't really work that way. It always seems to go from where we want it to last. Especially for women. Keep at it though. How are you finding your trainer? Kicking your butt?

I am doing good. Hovering between 125-127 with my weight, which is great since I stopped trying to lose weight at 130. I am almost done my Couch to 5K. I am in the final week and did my full 30 minute run yesterday. I have a 5K next weekend and also June 5th. I am really excited (and kinda nervous) to see how my race times compare to my runs here.

May 14th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I'm excited to hear how your 5ks go! I hope they go great and you get addicted to them

After posting about how my target areas were bothering me I talked to my friend about it. She is a fitness trainer and has helped me out a lot. She said that if I keep working hard and trying at it then one day I would wake up and the flab would be gone, seemingly overnight. Well, I've noticed a HUGE difference. I'm still no where near where I want to be, but it's nice to notice a difference. Here is a pic:

ETA: I *just* got a spray tan so please excuse my overly orange look

Last edited by kemper2.0; May 15th, 2011 at 04:13 AM.
May 15th, 2011, 04:29 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Just jumPing over to say how proud I am of you ladies!!!! You are amazing!
May 15th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Thanks Jeanine!

Kat you can totally tell on your sides. Not to say you had large love handles at all before but you can notice it's much trimmer. Great job! You have a perfect bikini body. How long until Heath comes home again....he is not going to be able to keep his hands off you.

May 15th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Gemum
Well done ladies!!

Woah!! Kat you have SUCH an awesome figure! What is this secret! I have SUCH a flabby tum

Gimme a K
Gimme an A
Gimme a T

Gimme a J
Gimme an E
Gimme a N
May 15th, 2011, 02:00 PM

Thanks Gemma!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search