Kemper - Veronicabride - KimberlyAnn327

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2011, 06:22 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jen- Thanks! It's sooo nice to see a difference. It really motivates me to keep doing well.

Gemma- Thank hun!! The secret is no secret at all! A super healthy diet and lots of exercise

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

May 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Ditto to Kat! Lots of water, healthy food and exercise. No secret, just hard work.

Kat - What kind of stuff do you do with your trainer?

May 24th, 2011, 08:07 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, since Rayne is almost weaned, I figured it was time to give this a real shot. I just did the first workout in the Jillian Michaels Shred. She is evil. My legs pretty much don't work any more and I'm dripping sweat. It's gross. I am going to do a weigh in tomorrow and it will be my official starting weight. No more soda, no more junk food. I can't wait to see my weight drop. I want my body to look like Kat's. There's nothing to stop me now.

May 25th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Great job Kim! I would suggest taking a look at loseit.com. You can put your details in and how much weight you want to lose per week and it will tell you how many calories you should be eating to do that. You don't need to give up all the food you love. You just need to work it into the amount of calories you should be consuming. And when you exercise, you are able to eat more. I really think it is something you should look into it. If you try to make too many changes all at once, you are more likely to give up. By counting your calories, you can still eat some "junk"type food once in a while so you don't feel like you are depriving yourself, you just plan to exercise more that day or plan the other meals of that day or maybe even week to be low calorie to off set it. That being said, giving up pop and junk food is a great idea but if you give everything up and start exercising all at once, you may get cranky and quit. KWIM. Just my thoughts.

Stick with the 30 day shred though. It seems tough now but it will get easier and it really worked for me and it is much easier to fit that 20 minute work out in your day than a lot of other exercises.

SO proud of you for starting this though Kim. The first step is the hardest!

May 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM

Go Kim!! You will do great. Take it slow, like Jen said. Too much too soon will most likely result in giving up. Cut out soda one week, the next bread, then junk food, and so on. I've heard AMAZING things from The Shred. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Jen: I do weight training with my trainer. Legs, back, shoulders, chest and arms. It's tough as hell, but I am noticing a HUGE difference.

I'm up from my previous weight of 117lbs to 122lbs and I am thrilled with that. I don't look any bigger so I'm led to believe it's muscle. I am having a blast with this

May 26th, 2011, 09:44 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! I am not cutting out junk food altogether. Last night I had a slice of cheesecake that the kids and I made. I am staying away from soda, though. It's my weakness!
I also did the shred dvd again last night. I'm now even more sore than I was yesterday. When will I be able to walk normally again? I was also playing soccer yesterday with the girls and head coach. Lots of running around. I'm so out of shape! But I had a blast. I really miss playing soccer.
I was kind of bummed when I weighed myself this morning and came in 1.5 heavier than my start weight. But I'm not letting it get me down. I know I'll see the weigh start coming off soon.

June 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Wellll.... I leave for Rhode Island in about 8 hours!! Here is my progress over the past 2 months:

Starting weight: 121.8
Weight now: 115.8
6 lb difference

Starting body fat: 22.4%
Body fat now: 15%
7.4% difference

I have tripled my weights and my endurance is quite a bit longer!

Overall I am very pleased and surprised with my achievements. I still have a loooong way to go to be where I want to be, but seeing results definitely keeps me motivated (as does my super fine trainer )

Will post another set of pics soon! (already took them, but have to put the little one to bed )

From this:

To this:

To this:

Last edited by kemper2.0; June 17th, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
June 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM
First of all, girl you are smoking hot! Your hard work really shows. Have you got a new tattoo? On your hip?

Have fun with Heath!! You must be so super excited! So happy for you!

Edited to add - How are things going for you Kim?

June 17th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks Jen I'm so happy my hard work is showing! It's not a new tattoo, I've had it for about 2 years now. I am getting a new one soon though! Very excited about it

Kim, how's it going??

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search