Kemper - Veronicabride - KimberlyAnn327

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
Here is your thread! Use it to help you make your goals happen! Talk here with your buddy, track your progress, admit weaknesses, celebrate successes and make this happen!! You can do this! You will!

For your first post tell your buddy what you want to accomplish. Let's go!

Last edited by (Mayhem); January 31st, 2011 at 07:49 PM.
January 12th, 2011, 11:08 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Jen!
I didn't make it to the gym today Although honestly it wasn't my fault (here I go with the excuses already!) I'm going to try my HARDEST to get there tomorrow and work out for a solid hour then swim for 30min. Do you want to set mini goals each week? That's how I work best. Makes me feel like I'm actually getting somewhere! I wouldn't mind posting pics too. That would motivate me as well. What are your goals? Do you go to the gym, work out at home, or just eat healthy?

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

January 13th, 2011, 07:55 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Hi Kat

I am soo sick but I am still going to do something today. I have used the illness for the last 2 days so it is time to just power through it. For me I am working on eating better and keeping track of my calories, drinking more water and exercising more. I work out at home for now. I have an elliptical type machine and have just started the 30 day shred again. (on day 3).

Here's my background...I am 32 years old and 5'6". I was always skinny growing up but not stick skinny. I was about 110-115 until I went to University. Throughout school I gained some weight and plateaued at 130 for many years. I was comfortable with that weight, was a size 6 and was happy with how I looked. I was exactly 130 pounds when I found out I was pregnant with Avery in 2007. I gained 68lbs that pregnancy I know!! And I never lost it all. I got back down to 155 and that is where I stayed until I got pregnant with Hudson. I gained 35lbs with Hudson. I weighed in last Tuesday (Jan 4th) and was 157.2lbs so that is what I am counting as my starting point. Today I was 155. I would love to get back down to maybe 140. I would likely even be okay with 145 if I was toner and healthier overall.

Sorry just realized how long this is. Lol.

So I am going to start with 2 goals. TODAY - I would like to drink 100 ounces of water, get at least some exercise in and keep my calories under 1600ish

THIS WEEK - Lose a pound

What about you? What are you hoping for? Do you want to do a weekly weigh in?

January 13th, 2011, 06:59 PM
hope you're feeling better today! did you get your goals done? i FINALLY made it to the gym and had an awesome work out! i didn't drink enough water today, but i ate pretty well.
did you get to do the shred today?

i weighed in at 128 :/ i'd like to get that down to 115 as fast as i can before i get pregnant again if i can. i will be happy once i hit 120 though.

my goal this week is to make it to the gym friday and saturday and work out for at least an hour each day.
nak

January 13th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I did great today actually. I did 40 mins on the elliptical and did the shred once this afternoon and once this evening. I have had 96 ounces of water now and will likely have another bottle before bed. I ate okay too. Within the calories I was hoping too. Feels good to be back on track.

When do you think you will ttc again? That's so exciting.

January 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Just wanted to pop in and say you go girls!!!

Whoooo hooooo!

January 14th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Hey Amanda! Glad to see you popping in

We're actually TTC now. Not very into it yet, just kind of playing it by ear. We aren't using opks or temping or anything. I'm not in a very big rush, but I wouldn't mind getting preggers anytime now.
I did horribly today. Drank a whopping one bottle of water, ate kinda bad and didn't make it to the gym at all. UGH!

January 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM
YAY!! for TTC. I miss being pregnant and will have to do with living vicariously through you. Hope things happen soon for you. If you don't mind me asking, did you try a long time for Gideon or did it happen quickly?

Don't worry about the bad day. We all have them. Try and make today a better day. Go get a bottle of water!!

No exercise for me yet today but DH is home so I will fit it in sometime today. However, I did step on the scale this morning and was 153 That's 4 pounds down since January 4th. I am happy with that. I am really finding logging my calories in and exercise has been helping tremendously. Also the ladies on here have been really motivating me whether it is texts or on Lose it.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

January 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Woohoo great job on the 4 pounds lost. That's awesome!!! I did manage to get a quick work out in today, as well as eat decent. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I don't expect I lost much. I'm feeling particularly bloated. ugh. But, all in good time. I drank a good bit of water today, so thanks for encouraging me to! I forget how valuable and important water is sometimes. Especially since I'm BFing.

I don't mind you asking at all, I got pg with G on the first try. We used OPKs and DTD once in the morning and once at night for three days straight once I got a +OPK. I'm not sure it will happen so soon this time though. DH is going to be gone during CDs 14-18 of this month and we won't be able to BD until then and I usually O on CD 17, but we shall see! If we do get pg this month it will be a good chance it's a boy, according to the shettles method. and that's what we are REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping for! So *fingers crossed* and sorry to get off topic lol. but, have a good weekend. Let's have a weigh-in Monday!

January 16th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Great job yesterday!

I understand what you mean. With Avery we got pregnant the first try. With Hudson, our lives were a lot busier and we were working different schedules so I often only really saw him on weekends and it took us about 4 months or so for him. Still not a long time but compared to the first. Sounds like there is a good chance you will get your BFP pretty soon though.

January 19th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Where you at Kat? How you been doing?

I am doing good for the most part. My calories are under where I want them. I have had some snacks here or there but within my calorie limit at least. I have been working out at least once a day, sometimes twice.

Today is a tough day. My FIL is having surgery to have his thyroid removed this morning. I had to register my daughter for school today and she has her first ballet class tonight. How are things with you?

January 19th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Here I am!!! Today has been ugh. As well as the rest of this week. DH is in DC for a job interview all week so I have no time to make meals, go to the gym, etc. b/c of the babies and absolutely no motivation. I have been snacking on veggies though! Woohoo for that

And I'm super not happy about getting stark white OPKs when I'm supposed to be ovulating today. Blah.

Other than that I feel pretty good. I weighed this morning and am holding steady. No gain, no loss. I may try and get to the gym today or at least take the kiddos for a quick walk.
That is AWESOME that you have been working out everyday! That really motivates me. Do you do the shred every day??

January 23rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jen invited me so do you mind if I butt in? I'm starting up tomorrow!

January 24th, 2011, 07:23 AM
How was your weekend Kat? Hope it is okay but Kim didn't have a partner so I asked her to join us. My weekend was okay. Saturday we really wanted a cheat day. DH is doing exercising and watching his food also. So we ate good during the day and got our workouts in and then had cheeseburgers and fries and a couple drinks in the evening. Not great but one day isn't so bad. Then we got back on track again yesterday. Saturday was the first day in a couple weeks that I have gone over my calorie limit on lose it so I think I am doing good. And I have moved onto level 2 of my shred and it kicks my butt.

Good luck today Kim. What are your plans for today? Post back later and let us know how it goes. Remember to drink lots of water!

January 24th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Welcome Kim! So excited you're joining us (I needed another person to motivate my lazy butt haha). I actually did really well over the weekend. I always do better when DH is with me bc he always wants to eat well/exercise. I only have one baby today so I'll be able to get to the gym. and as a reward I'm getting my hair done. woohoo! Thanks for the reminder about the water, I'm off to get some right now!
Oh and I'm going to buy the shred today *i think*.
Hey Kim, are you interested in doing that?

January 24th, 2011, 08:03 AM
YAY for the shred! If you guys have trouble with eating well, you should also try logging your food and exercise at Loseit.com. They have an iphone app as well. There are a few of us on here as "friends" on there. If you decide to do that, look me up with me email mtaylor0302@rogers.com

January 24th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I have the shred dvd. I got it just before the holidays but I was busy and then I had my surgery. Today I'm not feeling well so I'm probably just going to drink a bunch of water. I probably won't be eating much either.

January 24th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Boo feel better Kim!
Jen- I thought that loseit was only an iphone app. I'm gonna go check it out!

Can we do a weigh in today?

ETA: I signed up and already love it!

Last edited by kemper2.0; January 24th, 2011 at 10:06 AM.
January 24th, 2011, 10:07 AM
We can do a weigh in Kat. I posted on the weigh in thread with everyone but this is where I am at:

January 4th - 157.2
Last Monday - 153.4
Today - 151.2

Feel better Kim!

Edited to add - Add me as a friend on Lose It. Amanda, Gwynne, Jenny and a few others are on there as well.

Last edited by VeronicaBride; January 24th, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
January 24th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Today I was 158.5. 38.5 lbs to go!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search