kumi - alethia - MommyKent910

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2011, 09:54 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
Here is your thread! Use it to help you make your goals happen! Talk here with your buddy, track your progress, admit weaknesses, celebrate successes and make this happen!! You can do this! You will!

For your first post tell your buddy what you want to accomplish. Let's go!

Last edited by (Mayhem); January 13th, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
January 13th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lets talk about our goals one more time:
I am 5 lb away from my pre-preggo weight, but I would like to lose additional 10 to look ''better''. I have to tone up, mostly my but and legs which have always been my weak spot.

What are you currently doing to reach your goal?

Working out at a gym every other day for 1h 15 min. At least 30 min of cardio and 40 min of weights to tone up. I hate cardio, but it is the only way to get where I want to be. I am also thinking of trying out a group workout some time this week.

What are your weaknesses and how do you work around them?
I love food! I love anything that is yummy and greasy and sweet. Dh and I started cooking healthier meals, we have almost no sweets in the house and when we do we decide on an allowed portion per day, I eat portioned apple sauce as is my daily desert.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
January 13th, 2011, 09:26 AM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am also only 5 lbs from my pre-preggo weight but I need a ton of toning. I need to tone my legs, tummy & butt. I would love to be at 110 or 105. Ill go weigh myself in a minute and let you guys know where I am. We are suppose to go to Miami in February and I would love for a couple more pounds to be gone but my MAIN goal is to be at 105 by November! Thats when were taking our cruise & I wanna look HOT

What are you currently doing to reach your goal?
Honestly... not much. I get really excited about things, go with them for a couple days and then get distracted and to be honest, lazy! I did C25K for about a week(and was doing awesome, then just stopped), did Zumba for 4 days, P90X for a couple of day(I didnt enjoy it). So Im hoping to really get on my kick start for weight loss.

What are your weaknesses and how do you work around them?
Food and being lazy. Since Im home all day, I just get caught up on JM and facebook and D. Phil and playing Hayden. I cant workout when Hayden is awake(at least not easily), so I need to take advantage of his naps. Food is the other one. Im just hate cooking, so I do a lot of quick meals or simple meals. I need to get rid of all the sweets in our house from Christmas and start eating healthier.

Hopefully with you guys help, I will do it.
Do you guys want to check in here daily, weekly...?? Whats the plan!! I just need someone to get onto me if I dont...
January 13th, 2011, 09:44 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 8lbs away from the weight i started with Kaylee at - although i had gained a few lbs from the m/c's i had, so really i would say i would like to loose about 15 more lbs total. I would like to start either doing a family walk/jogg or if i'm not doing that in the evening than a 30 minute work out....

What are you currently doing to reach your goal? eating reduced calories and drinking more water, also taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator

What are your weaknesses and how do you work around them? being 'too tired' to exercise so being lazy and food

i think we should check in at least weekly with each other!

we could also do an evening text to each other to see if we've done our work out
January 13th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Great Idea. Well I am official weigh starting(just weighed myself), 126! So If I could lose 21 pounds.. that would be awesome but I would be happy with 16. My plan of attack is two workouts throughout the day & maybe one more. Hayden takes two "long"(two hour) naps. So during the afternoon nap, I am going to do The Biggest Loser workout & during his evening nap, I am going to do Zumba! Lets see how this goes.

I did Day 1 of Biggest Loser

Last edited by MommyKent910; January 13th, 2011 at 11:03 AM.
January 13th, 2011, 07:45 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Just dropping in to tell you guys how awesome you are!! Keep it up!!

January 14th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great Christina! WTG we will get there and you will drop all 21 lb!! How tall are you 105 sounds so little to me. I would be, lets say, '' a very tiny person'' if I wend down to 105 lb lol.

I am 5.7

- My goal is to work out every other day or more often if I have to adjust to DH's schedule.
- I also decided to take a walk every week day instead of stressing out over Milan fighting his sleep. It takes about 30 - 40 minutes to put him down. He falls asleep like an angel when he is outside so I might as well use that time for some healthy walking.
- drink a lot of water
- eat healthy
I will allow myself sweet things some times. Like a hot chocolate here and there or a candy bar.

I would like to lose 2 lb per week but will be happy with 1. My first big goal is go get down to 130 by march because Milan and I are starting swimming lessons and I want to be in a better shape.

Lets do a weekly weigh in. What day should we set as our weigh in day?

I am sorry but evening texts will not work for me because I am in Canada and they charge more of international texting here. I can check in here, if it is ok with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbella View Post
Just dropping in to tell you guys how awesome you are!! Keep it up!!
Thanks Amanda!!!

January 14th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Thats a great plan Karina! I really think you can meet your goal by March. I want to do swim lesson with Hayden. Maybe we will do that soon too! In Canada do they do the swimming indoors in March?

So my daily plans is Yoga in the morning, Biggest Loser in the afternoon, & Zumba at night. Yesterday I did Biggest Loser & Zumba. OMG, girl, Hayden was cranky, so I did my 45 minutes of Zumba while wearing him. & man am I feeling it today. Now just to stay motivated even though Im sore.
January 14th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
lol. I bet Hayden loved zumba!!! Pain is good, keep it up!

I live near an aquatic center and all the lessons are done indoor. We will start in the end of March and it will last till mid June. Then Milan will be ready for summer swimming in our friends pool! He loves water and I think he will really enjoy it!

January 15th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Hows everyone doing???

So far everyday Ive worked out in some way. I have done my biggest loser everyday for the past 3 days and Zumba 2 of the days.

And the big news....

I LOST 4 Pounds! Im down to 122! Its a start.. Now I feel motivated to keep going even though my whole body may fall into a million pieces!
January 15th, 2011, 04:24 PM
WTG Christina that's freakin' awesome!!!!!!!

I'm still at 124 (i'm 5'4")

i've been sick so although i've stuck to the eating plan for weight loss i haven't for the exercise part.
January 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry girls! I have not been able to post much lately. Things have gotten a bit crazy here.
I am still working out and eating healthy. My weight is NOT coming off. My muscles hurt so I know I am doing a good job.

Wishing you a good weight loss week!

January 17th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Wishing you ladies a great week!! I didn't do great over the weekend...since i have been sick i've had no motivation...although DH and I did take the kids on a nice long walk, but i'm going to push myself to do a work out today.
January 18th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How are you doing girls?
Eating under control? I am sitting here craving yummy things, but NO I will give in! Gym night tonight!!!

January 20th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I'm doing good food wise - but having a hard time getting a full 30 to 60min of exercise in...but...i've lost 1lb this week! yeay!
January 20th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I was doing for good for awhile but the last few days Ive been slacking! Im going right now to do my biggest loser and Ill check back with you ladies when I finish.

*Although, I did take a walk today*
January 20th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I skipped gym today but I am determined to go on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Timing with Milan's sleep time and feedings was not working for me today and he wont take a bottle so we have to work around it.

January 24th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here we go. Another week passed How did it go? I did gym 3 or 4 times last week ( dont even remember.. lol ) and tried eating healthier. I did lose almost a pound, but I am not happy with the results. I expected more I think my problem are breakfasts. I usually eat oatmeal, but a lot of it. I am going to watch my breakfasts for the rest of the week and see if my weight loss changes if I eat a bit less.

What do you eat for your breakfast, lunch and dinner? What do you snack on?

Have a great week girls!

January 24th, 2011, 09:05 AM
almost a pound is GREAT!!! You should be proud!!!

I didn't work out this weekend since Kaylee has been so sick.

I lost 1lb this week

i typically don't eat breakfast ... except on the weekens - usually have toast and fruit and on Sunday we make bacon.

lunch is a frozen food - and right now dinner too. (either something we made and froze or a SmartOne)

I snack on popcorn - b/c it's filling and low cal - or fruit sometimes veggies and sometimes chips

Have a great week!!!
January 29th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am here to brag!!! Today after my morning step class and before my breakfast i was at 135.4! This is amazing and i hope it stays this way. I am buying sized oatmeal portions for breakfast and it seems like i am gaining more control over my meals.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search