Ear Infection #4

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The doc said if she gets one more then the tubes go in. As much as I don't want her to have any type of surgery, I really am ready to have my healthy, happy little girl back.

January 13th, 2011, 05:51 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww I am sorry I hope that if she does get the tubes that they help and you get your happy little lady back! Ear infections are the worst!
January 13th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Veteran
aww poor baby, I hope she gets better, but if not tubes will help a lot!
January 13th, 2011, 07:55 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aawww, poor girl!

January 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ear infections are definately the worst. We had 5 straight in a span of 10 weeks, and I think now we are working on #6. Noelle is scheduled for ear tubes on 2/3. On the one hand I don't want her to have to have surgery, but like you I would really like my happy, healthy girl back for more than 3-4 days at a time. And at least in our case, because of the fluid she has some hearing loss that should be just temporary, but I would rather take care of it now than later when the infections have caused some permanent damage.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
January 13th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
aww no fun I'm so sorry.
January 13th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Please keep us posted on how Noelle does with the surgery. I hope the loss is just temporary and that the tubes help.

January 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I definately will keep you posted!! I am pretty nervous about it mainly because I am not getting much in the way of information from the dr. office. They tell me, well the surgeon will explain everything to you before they take her back.. (a whole other vent) Anyhow, I will keep the board posted. And feel free to PM me if you want to chat about it or want more details or anything. (Don't want to hijack your thread)

January 13th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think because the procedure is pretty routine they just assume we are fine with it, but as a parent I am nervous too! It really sucks that you aren't getting the information that you need. Do you know if this is an outpatient procedure?

I am sure I will have tons of questions when it gets closer to time for Abigail to have it done. Thanks!

January 13th, 2011, 09:19 AM
They told me when we scheduled that it was an outpatient procedure. We would check in and out all in the same day, which here is what they consider outpatient. There is light general anestesia involved I do know that, and once they are in there it only takes about 5-10 minutes total time to do the procedure. We got someting in the mail yesterday that told us we needed to check into the Children's Hospital rather than the outpatient procedure clinic. I am assuming that's because she's a little one so they are doing it at the hospital just to be on the safe side.

I know it's routine, but still.. It's my little one that you are taking into a totally other room than where I am, you are going to do stuff to her that I don't know about and I am not going to be there... Totally freaks me out.

January 13th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's exactly how I feel! I will be thinking of you in the next couple weeks as the time draws nearer for her surgery. I can only imagine that the anxiety will get worse as the day gets closer.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search