I want what you have!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 07:25 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Is anyone else having this "problem"? Kolbie will throw a fit and pull on our arms (if she can reach us) and be a pain at meal times until we give her exactly what we have on our plates. I realized it at lunch the other day when she was staring at Kaija's sippy cup and whining and pulling my sleeve. So I gave her the same kind of cup with a little water in it and she was fine the rest of the meal. Then at dinner that night she was looking at our plates and pulling our sleeves until I gave her some of what we were eating. Then, again, she was fine. It's frustrating and funny at the same time.
January 13th, 2011, 07:29 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I just noticed this today with the sippy cup. Lily had her cup of milk and Abri was trying to climb on her to grab it while whining. I'm not ready for another toddler yet!
January 13th, 2011, 08:36 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Caleb is alredy doing this, too. He begs for everything we have, and if I try to give him yogurt melts instead of what we're eating, he isn't happy! I can't use that trick anymore! And if I'm drinking ANYthing---water bottle, cup, etc---he wants it, and he knows exactly what to do with it. He grabbed my water bottle off the coffee table just the other day, but it had the lid on, so nothing came out when he held it in both hands, tilted it up, and tried to drink. I finally bought a sippy cup about a week ago, and he drinks really well out of it, so that helps with the drinking "problem." As for food, I just try to eat things that he can eat, but that's not always possible.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 13th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The tantrums have begun here.......why oh why is this happening already He throws fits over everything. Arches his back and throws himself on the ground. We're all in for it!

January 13th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Brannyt's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brynlee definitely stares us down while we're eating. It makes me feel so bad! We went to a sushi place the other day for dinner, and she was grabbing for it! She didn't understand she couldn't have it.

LOVE my siggy, thank you Meganpixel!!!!!!
January 13th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Vi is the same, but we've been giving her what we eat since she started solids so I usually just give her the food. She does try to get Lily's milk a lot, but I usually just give her a cup with water or distract her with something else.

January 13th, 2011, 12:35 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been like that for a while here, so I know exactly what you mean! That'S the main reason she has been on 3 meals a day for some time now...because I couldn't get through a meal unless she was eating also...and she knows now when we try to fake her out and give her puffs or something when we're having something else and she gets so upset at us!

January 13th, 2011, 01:10 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yes! Karsyn has been after Kinley's sippy cups for a while...it makes Kinley mad that she slobbers all over her cups! lol If I sit on the couch with a cookie or something to eat, Karsyn will crawl really fast over to me and wait for me to give her a bite! She def knows what she wants and wont stop fussing until she gets it! She is SUCH a drama queen! If you take something away or if she drops something, she cries/screams like you just bit her until she gets it back! Many times I've thought Kinley hurt Karsyn, but then realized she just took a toy away! haha

January 13th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once again, my child has no interest in solids. The only thing she gets interested in is if I have a bottle or cup of water...she loves water!

January 13th, 2011, 03:58 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yup. Mia does this too. I usually feed her while I'm eating. She eats the same food as me, so I just usually break off a piece and give it to her. To try to head some of it off, I feed her in her highchair while we are eating most usually. But even if its the same food, she still would rather have it off MY plate than HER tray!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search