Grinding teeth

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elliot has her two bottom teeth now. They came in around Christmas and are in pretty good. A week ago she started making this noise like she was grinding her teeth. It was a terrible noise and it made my teeth hurt! I came to the conclusion that it wasn't her grinding her teeth cause how could she with just two bottom teeth? Then further investigation led me to find that her top teeth were coming in! Last night while she was making this noise I felt her chin and she is in fact grinding those teeth together! I started freaking out cause grinding your teeth is really bad and if she is doing in this early and blah blah blah. So, DH googled it and found it was normal and babies do this when they discover their teeth and don't freak. It still makes my teeth hurt hearing her do this and it just sounds horrible! Anyone else notice their LO doing this?

January 13th, 2011, 07:32 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam only has his 2 bottom teeth so not yet but my dd did it for the longest time when she was a baby, the sound is awful!!! LOL... but I think it is pretty common!
January 13th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Abigail is still toothless.....Makes sense that once babies get and discover their new teeth that they would grind them, even though the sound would drive me nuts too!

January 13th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Man N Cheese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
YES! Ayla did it all last week, and she thought it was the funniest thing! I would gently touch her lips and go "Oh oh oh, that hurts my ears!" and she would laugh and laugh. I started just popping a paci in her mouth...the fascination was over in a week, but ugh...I hope it doesn't ever come back because it was driving me batty!
January 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rebecca did it for MONTHS. She still occasionally does, but now it's more in order to irritate me, LOL.

Elias is toothless, so he's not, but he grinds his gums, and it's hilarious to watch, HEHE!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search