What's your LO's newest trick?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 07:52 AM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
Lisa's post got me thinking about this, since e haven't had one in a while! What's your LO's latest accomplishment? Come in and brag!

Caleb has been able to sit down from a standing position for going on two weeks now. I think this is sort of a milestone, but I didn't record the first day it happened. It saves me soooooo many days with a crying baby who's bumbed his head after falling down! He used to just let go when he wanted down, falling straight back and bonking his head off the floor. But now he goes down to his knees and then lets go.

He's also cruising very well now,much better in just the past week than he was before. He can go along the whole coffee table now in about two seconds. LoL. He also switches back and forth from the coffee table and the couch very well.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 13th, 2011, 07:56 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kolbie took 2 more steps out of anger this week We've been trying to get her to walk more but she actually seems to hate it! If I hold her hands and try to get her to walk she gets mad and whines or cries the whole time, so I definitely don't force it. She'll walk when she's ready. But the other day I put her down standing and had to go get the phone and she got made because I left her. She decided to take a couple of steps before dropping to her knees and crawling after me.
January 13th, 2011, 07:58 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaxon is giving five and waving occasionally.

He is such a lazy little bum...

January 13th, 2011, 09:18 AM
luvbugmama's Avatar Veteran
Jaleigh can say mama and dada discriminately, she can now stand by herself holding on to the couch and she just started REALLY crawling instead of just army crawling. She also plays patty cake and claps and is starting to really get her pincer grasp down! I think she's more focused on talking than anything else though, she's been constantly babbling now for at least two months...just like her daddy haha.

January 13th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
she loves to put all her toys away in the bin and claps at the end...its soo funny!
January 13th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jed cruises like a madman and can very easily go from stand to sit to crawl and any combination thereof...

He has taken two steps - twice!

He waves bye bye but doesn't really say any words except babble.

January 13th, 2011, 10:29 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Does not gagging on food count? That's really the only newish thing other then picking up every single tiny piece of leaf the dogs track in and putting them in her mouth
January 13th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
OMGosh...How are all these babies walking and stuff at 8 months?! Scarlett is nine months and almost a week old and hasn't really even started pulling up yet. I think this is going to be hard for her because we have hard wood floors and no coffee table or anything.. She can go from laying to sitting up easily now. Serenity didn't walk until she was 13 months old.. maybe my girls are just slow lol

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
January 13th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Super Mommy
Such smart babies, all of them!

Quinn crawls (properly finally), cruises like a pro, and can stand unassisted for a few seconds. She says "bath", "ball", "dog-dog", "baby" and "balloon", just the first syllable when shown it, but it's a start. She growls when you ask her what a lion says, lol.

It's so crazy how fast they learn new things. I can't believe they are just about toddlers!
January 13th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
WTG babies!

Vi is working on running and stopping herself before crashing. She's also learned how to climb off the couch feet first without falling.

January 13th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Baby Wrangler
I cannot believe Vi!! She is so awesome! (all the babies are of course but omg Vi!)

Ro is basically a pro at climbing the stairs...we're working on crawling down them now. She's jumping (I didn't even think they could do that right now), talking up a storm it seems and she's standing alone for longer periods of time all by herself by pushing off the couch.
January 13th, 2011, 01:38 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Karysn is waving hi, bye, gives fives, kisses on command, takes a few steps pushing her toys. She can cruise around the ottoman--taking side steps. She likes to pull up on everything! She will pull up, let go and stand for a few seconds then sit down by squatting. She's using her pointer finger and thumb to pick things up and put them in her mouth instead of grabbing it with her entire hand. She does so many new things everyday that its hard to keep up with it all!! I just wish she's start saying mama instead of just babbling dada all day! lol

January 13th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
Aly just yesterday learned how to stand on her own for 20 seconds before falling on to her butt. lol

January 14th, 2011, 06:20 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganpixel View Post
she loves to put all her toys away in the bin and claps at the end...its soo funny!
WTG! Brynn does the opposite, pulls all the toys out, opens her drawer and pulls all the jammies out. She doesn't seem to want to put anything away.

[IMG][/IMG]

January 14th, 2011, 07:23 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chase is learning many new things! He has no fear when it comes to standing and walking along the couch, toy bin, etc. He has been pulling up and plopping down basically from the day he started crawling. Now he holds onto this storage container we have in the kitchen and walks along with it all around the kitchen...he gets going so fast it is so funny. He just started eating puffs and puts himself to sleep now everynight with no tears. We taught him the word dog and now if you are in his room and say where is the dog, he looks at this little dalmation puppy he has. I'm trying to teach him bye bye but he wants none of that!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

Last edited by ChrissySTL; January 14th, 2011 at 07:26 PM.
January 15th, 2011, 03:40 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Melodie is cruising like a pro and can stand without holding on to anything but usually likes to still holds on with one hand. She's starting to get that determined look on her face, so we'll see if she tries to take real steps soon. She's climbing stairs of course, as I mentioned in the other thread. She hasn't started clapping yet because she seems to be a tad obsessed with waving at the moment. We rolled through Wal-Mart the other day and she waved non-stop until we got to the car! We are going to have to teach her NOT to talk to any and every stranger she meets, because right now, she just loves to flirt with absolutely everyone, screams at people if she wants their attention and when they turn around, she waves and talks to them. So silly! I don't think she has the shy gene.

I think that's so cool that Matilda puts her toys away! She can come show Didi how to that anytime! Didi constantly watches me put them all away and grabs the toy basket and empties it right on the floor. We have two, and she just keeps emptying them all day long! She's really annoying right now with having to throw absolutely everything on the floor whenever she can too, good thing I have a lot of patience...I think she inherited his quick temper instead of my patience , she's going to be strong-willed like both of us too...please someone help me!!!

Last edited by LisaBrown; January 15th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
January 15th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sigh... nothing new here, i'm so ready for something new...

January 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Tiny Loves
We have a walker! No talking, but he points at my shirt/boobs when he wants to eat. lol.

January 16th, 2011, 04:15 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^hahah thats so funny!~!! Karsyn just buries her face in my boobs when she wants to eat! lol

January 16th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've got a cruiser here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search