Anyone else's little one get bored at home?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 10:11 AM
MommyPoky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
Josie seriously gets cabin fever if we stay at home more than one day at a time. We were in the house for two days about a week and a half ago, and she was super crabby. I took her to the store near the end of the second day and she got very happy, she was cooing and squealing all over the place. She has always been that way, my husband took her when she was brand new so I could sleep for a bit and he got so desperate with her crying, he took her to the store to buy some bottles and formula (she snuck up on us by coming 10 days early, so we hadn't bought those yet!), and he said once she got into the store, she got very happy and attentive to her surroundings.

Anyone else have a baby like this? Luckily, josie is old enough to go into the daycare at my gym, so that gets her (and me) out of the house without going shopping, that should save some money, lol!

January 13th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Momeejenjen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momeejenjen
wow, mom, you're in trouble a little go-getter already!
January 13th, 2011, 10:20 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sam likes to go out too. I think in Sam's case he's just really used to being around people and chaos from being at daycare LOL, he loves daycare and all the other babies and people that he interacts with, I think after being home for a day he gets bored with just us LOL
January 13th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes, definitely. Ds was (and is still) like that and I just realized today that Holly is very much like that too. I make sure we have a morning activity outside of the house every day. Sometimes I wish we could just stay in and take it easy (like many people assume I do as a sahm), but everyone gets cranky if we stay in all day. Christmas holidays were brutal because many of our weekday activities were closed.

January 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Man N Cheese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately that is not the case here. Ayla hates the car, she hates having to interact with people other than her family, and this week she is not content to do anything that doesn't involve touching me in some way shape or form. I really want to go shopping, but she is a shut in diva!
January 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
enchantingdragon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I try to take Drake out everyday for at least a little otherwise we get a bit stir crazy. During the week its fine as I go to work and he comes along but on Fridays when Im off I try to make sure we go out somewhere. Im thinking of trying to find a Gymboree class or something on Fridays to ensure we get out. Being at home is not good for either of us
January 13th, 2011, 11:13 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dallas is kinda in the middle- she loves to be out and about but there are plenty of times when she is just happy to stay home. She really doesnt like her carseat, which makes going out a bit of a task, lol.

I do need to get us both out more- since we live on the 2nd floor in an apartment building with nowhere to take walks, its a hassel. Plus, its been freeezing and I am so hesitent to take her out when it is so cold!

January 13th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Morgan2006's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the case with both my boys!
January 13th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Veteran
Yes, both of my kids are the same. I also go to the gym almost everyday so that they can go to the Playcare. I didn't think that babies were supposed to get bored, but Lucas is definitely happier when we're out and about and around lots of people.
January 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Veteran
Hannah definitely gets fussy if she has been cooped up in the house for a few days. She used to go to daycare a few days a week so she was able to interact with other babies. Now she is alone. We have no extra money so to get out we go walking at the mall. We get some exercise, and she gets to look around.

January 13th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to MommyPoky Send a message via MSN to MommyPoky Send a message via Yahoo to MommyPoky
Quote:
Originally Posted by M n M View Post
Unfortunately that is not the case here. Ayla hates the car, she hates having to interact with people other than her family, and this week she is not content to do anything that doesn't involve touching me in some way shape or form. I really want to go shopping, but she is a shut in diva!
It's so interesting that they each have their own little personalities already, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey7107 View Post
Yes, both of my kids are the same. I also go to the gym almost everyday so that they can go to the Playcare. I didn't think that babies were supposed to get bored, but Lucas is definitely happier when we're out and about and around lots of people.
I didn't think that babies got bored either, but josie definitely prefers getting attention from strangers over attention from me any day of the week.

Last edited by MommyPoky; January 13th, 2011 at 02:44 PM.
January 14th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Trojenn's Avatar Veteran
Maddy is the same way...If I don't get out at least once a day with her were both in trouble. ever since she was born she's been this way. She can be crying and in the worst mood and as soon as we take a step outside she's as happy as can be!

I find she'll play for what seems like forever too if we're out at someone house or if I have ppl over, I think she's just very social!loves to be around the action or talking, its a blessing right now, but I think we may have our hands full in a few years! lol

January 14th, 2011, 09:52 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojenn View Post
Maddy is the same way...If I don't get out at least once a day with her were both in trouble. ever since she was born she's been this way. She can be crying and in the worst mood and as soon as we take a step outside she's as happy as can be!

I find she'll play for what seems like forever too if we're out at someone house or if I have ppl over, I think she's just very social!loves to be around the action or talking, its a blessing right now, but I think we may have our hands full in a few years! lol
Alicia is exactly like this!

January 14th, 2011, 10:12 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sofia hates going out. Really hates it. Anytime we go to any store she completely freaks and crys almost nonstop. Which sucks for me because Carly needs to get out at least a few times a week. So no matter what I do I have one upset kid.

January 14th, 2011, 01:09 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are experiencing this as well. So we've been going for walks and to the stores more. I try and get her outside at least once a day unless the weather is bad.
January 14th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLee View Post
We are experiencing this as well. So we've been going for walks and to the stores more. I try and get her outside at least once a day unless the weather is bad.
Yeah I miss going for walks. The temperature is way too cold lately for those!

January 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
Macey gets bored but it's not because we are inside or out and about. Some days she just needs more attention than others.
She likes going out but she likes staying in just as much. When she was a baby she liked to go in the backyard and just stare up at the sky but she doesn't really do that anymore.

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search