Public Transit

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do any of you use public transit?

We have a car but there is a bus stop very close to where we live now. I have never used public transportation before in my life. I would seriously have to have DH show me how to use it. Otherwise...I'd probably be stuck on the dang thing in a big loop because I wouldn't know how to use the signal thingie to let the driver know I wanted off!

Anyway...what do you do if you have a baby? It takes me 20 minutes to install the carseat in our car. I don't think buses even have seatbelts, do they? And what if you have a stroller? I know they have the mount on front to hold a bike.

I've always wondered these questions about trains, taxis and subways.

I think it'd be a good idea for me to learn these things in case anything ever happened to our vehicle or if I wanted to just save the gas.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 13th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We dont have busses here... we have some trains in the downtown dc area that we use if we're going down there but thats not often.

That said, carseats and such arent required on public transit. I've never been on it with Mikey but we've taken my step daughter on the train when she was 2-3ish and she just sat in the seat unrestrained...

January 13th, 2011, 02:13 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've gone on the metrolink here in STL a few times. I just held Mia in my arms. I haven't used one of the metro buses before, though I totally would. It must save a ton on gas.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 13th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok...good to know.

It would probably be more hassle than it's worth, but I still want to try it and see. We don't go very far often, everything is within 5 miles. Robert has been taking the bus to work though because parking is an issue on campus and they charge employees $40 a month just to park whereas the bus is free for UF employees. Crazy, right?

BTW...Yes I am in a super posting/spamming mood. I'm more of a responder than a thread starter. I hope you don't mind terribly.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also respond way more than I post new stuff. I can rarely think of a good topic to start..everyone else thinks of great stuff, so I participate in that!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use public transit. When you have a baby and are using a stroller, one of the front seats of the buses folds up so that you can park and lock the brake.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 13th, 2011, 03:08 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never used a public bus! I've only been in a taxi once! lol Our town is tiiiiiny and doesn't have any public transportation--other than church busses!

January 14th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Wow that's crazy Amy! They should let him park for free.

My town is too small to have public transportation but if we did I'd totally try it out since gas is so expensive!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search