BTDT moms, another milk question

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Now that Mikey is starting the transition to cows milk, is he supposed to drink less quantity? I just remembered something the Dr. said that didnt quite register with me at the time... he said something along the lines of "about 20 oz a day"... well right now he's drinking about 32oz of formula so am i basically supposed to be removing one of his bottles, or give 4 5oz bottles now instead? I know i am to increase his food but i feel like he's going to be hungry bec/ he really gets excited and sucks down his bottles fast these days...

I guess i'm just not clear on the details of this transition thing. Ideally in the next few months he should be having three straight meals?? and three bottles?

January 13th, 2011, 02:15 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With most of mine, I didn't transition much. Just switched out. By the time they were ready for the switch, I don't think they were drinking that much formula still anyway. I just took the formula and replaced it with milk. Took the bottle and replaced it with a cup. I'm super impatient like that though, its one of my many flaws...

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 13th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
so i should i just replace one of his 8 oz (formula) bottles with a 5 or 6 oz cup/bottle of milk then? I'm confused about the quantity..

January 13th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Different pedis will say different things in terms of quantity of milk, but in general it should be between 16 and 24 ounces of milk a day. And then 3 meals and 2 snacks usually. Young children really need some snacks during the day, but just be careful not to give too many snacks and make sure they're still healthy.

January 13th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, while i am transitioning do you think it would be easier to keep him on 4 bottles since thats what he's used too... replacing one 8oz formula bottle/cup with a 5 or 6 oz milk cup rather then trying to get him on 3 bottles/cups a day...? Would that work?

January 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That would be fine. Whatever works for you guys. Lily never drank all her milk at once, she'd just drink some and then I'd put the cup in the fridge until she wanted more.

January 13th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think thats what i'll do... this whole "figure it out yourself" thing is hard for me! Ha i like things scheduled and when i have a set way and am told what to do

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search