New Here and in need of some help!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hello all you fabulous all knowing mommies My name is Sonia and I am the very proud mommy of a busy sweet little boy named Maxx! He's almost 9 months and has been exclusively breast fed. I do work full time and for some reason my supply is slowly decreasing. I breast feed him whenever I can when I am home but am afraid that I will have to supplement with formula when he's at daycare. So my question....I'm not sure which kind of formula I should go with. Do any of you have any recommendations or were in a simular situation and can say which formula was easy on your LO's stomach. There are just sooo many out there from name brand to off brand and it's a little overwhelming!

TIA for any advise!
January 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM
luvbugmama's Avatar Veteran
Iv'e had to supplement with formula, at first i tried enfamil but that made her constipated so i switched to gerber good start and we haven't had any problems so far at all! They even have a gentle formula (the orange one i believe)! however I do know of a lot of people who use enfamil and have no problems so that might work for you too, i guess you just never know until you try! I know how you feel though it is sooo overwhelming! Hope you find a brand that works really well for you really fast, good luck!

January 14th, 2011, 11:56 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Hi Sonia and welcome!

First, there are tons of things you can do to try to boost your supply. Check out the Breastfeeding forum here for some tips. Another of our mama's here just posted about a similar situation yesterday and got some great advice over there!

Next, I had to supplement my first DD because I just wasn't able to pump. Between a broken pump (which I didn't figure out until after DD2 was born!) and working in fast-paced retail, I just couldn't do it. We used the Sam's Club brand. Ounce for ounce it was cheaper than anything else and she never had any problems on it at all. If we couldn't get there we either used Target (Up and Up) or our grocery store brand. Luckily we never had any problems at all changing things up on her

GL! And stick around and post more! This is a great group!
January 14th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We normally use Similac Sensitive for spit up but that was only after trying the normal similac. And unless I have a really good coupon - I use the Wal-Mart parent's choice sensitivity because it is exactly the same! And a lot cheaper!

January 14th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello and welcome

My nine month old was EBF until a few weeks ago when we put him on Gerber Goodstart and all has been well with that. I think I stood in the formula aisle for an hour, just comparing all of the ingredients. It was ridiculous. GL!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

January 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We were using Similac until they had that big recall and there was no Similac to be found. We were forced to try something else so we started on Parent's Choice ( Walmart Brand) Gentle formula and she does totally fine with it! And its almost $10 cheaper per can!

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
January 14th, 2011, 12:10 PM
cachex10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had to supplement (bottle a day for weight) we used a few different kinds but the girls could tolerate Good Start Soy Plus the best. We use it still to mix with cereal.

January 14th, 2011, 01:53 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Personally I'd try boosting supply by extra pumping sessions or eating old fashioned oatmeal to see if that works before trying formula. I'm too cheap this time for formula especially so close to the 12 month mark! But, I used the Sam's Club brand formula with my first when she refused to nurse and I couldn't pump at work. She had no problems tolerating it.
January 14th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Hi and Welcome!!

Peyton has had similac and enfamil gentlease both and neither one has bothered her! I agree that you just need to try one to see! GL!

Hope you stick around our group with us!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 23rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I have no advice on formula since I BF, but I just wanted to say hi and welcome!

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
January 24th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Well let me tell you, Maxx had no problem what so ever switching to formula. Which is great and also a little sad I went with Similac Sensitive and I nurse him when I can, he doesn't seem to be having a hard time going back and forth between the two so that's great!

Thank you ladies again for all your suggestions and welcoming! You're a great group of gals!!!
January 24th, 2011, 08:02 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi welcome! I'm Vanessa

When my supply decreased I first started her on similac advanced and she horrible gas so then we put her on similac sensitive R.S. (rice starch) and did wonderful. I then switched her to Enfamil after the recall of Similac as I was just so grossed out I couldn't handle the thought of feeding her similac anymore. She's done really well on that ever since.

I'd just say start somewhere and do trial and error, you'll know if it isn't right.
January 24th, 2011, 07:37 PM
crystal22's Avatar Veteran
I put Zepp on similac advance when my supply dropped and he lost interest and he has done really well on that, when they had the big recall the Dr told me I could try enfamil because it's basically the same but he spit up so bad I just stayed with similac and I even tried the go and grow formula and he was spitting up bad it just depends on the baby

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search