Jammies

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What kind of jammies is your LO wearing these days? We're about to switch over to 12 months (right now he wears 6-9 and 12 mo) and it seems like most of the jammies out there in 12 mo+ are the two piece thermal ones. Maybe i'm weird but i prefer footed jammies... for some reason i think they're easier?

What do you guys prefer?

January 16th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Baby Wrangler
I Adore footie pajamas! In fact, DH and I got some for Christmas! Ro's wearing 18-24 month footie jammies now. I get hers at Target but she has some from Walmart too...they do have bigger sizes
January 16th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh i know there are some, there are just fewer choices. I was at Target the other day and couldnt find any! Maybe our Target is just lame

January 16th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Super Mommy
I have tried all sorts of fleece footed jammies and the Carter's at Walmart are the best! The feet have elastic so little feet stay in them. Plus they are only $5-7 a sleeper. It's all Quinn has been living in lately.
January 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I prefer the look of 2 piece jammies. I usually buy them at Gymboree and they're just cotton and not thermals. Vi has a few feeted fleece ones as well but her feet never stay in the foot part.

January 16th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing fleece footed jams right now. Mainly Carter's, 6-9 month. I think once Livi is walking we'll do more 2 piece jams.

January 16th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The two peice are easier to get on - but then I have to put on socks! So I have been using the footie pj's...at least until it gets warmer.

January 16th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree Shannon - i guess people figure by the time your baby is wearing 12 month size they're walking... but footy jammies are just so much warmer (IMO) plus then i have to find and make sure he keeps on socks all night

January 16th, 2011, 04:36 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We do both! I like the footed pjs when its a little cooler outside (shes in 18 month footed) and sometimes I'll put on the two pieces pjs (shes in 18 month in those as well!) I have a bunch that were Kinley's that I got from Old Navy---and I have some Carters as well

January 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kolbie has some of both, I don't really prefer one over the other. Usually I like the fleece footie jammies for winter so her toes don't get cold I need to get the rest of the 12m size stuff out!! Yikes!
January 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Since it's winter, we're using 12 month fleece footed jammies. LOVE them!

January 16th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mostly the two piece sets from Gymboree for both of my kids.
January 16th, 2011, 06:04 PM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love the footed jammie sleepers! I never have a problem with her feet coming out of the foot part and I like that they have grips on the bottom so she can stand in them and not slip. I mostly have Cater's or the Walmart carters but I have a few Gerber ones too. The gerber I had to size up though, and the fleece isn't as good as the carters is.

[IMG][/IMG]

January 16th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess i need to head out to Walmart and look around... last time i was there i couldnt find many 12 months either though I must have horrible stores! Or maybe i need to go to Kohls they usually have a good selection of Carters stuff

January 16th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do 2 piece stuff because our kids are so tall that they outgrow the footed stuff to quickly.

I like to use long sleeve onesies and cotton pants. Then I can use them for casual day wear or pjs. I'm all for saving money on clothes at this age.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 16th, 2011, 07:21 PM
HopelessP's Avatar Ashlyn's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to HopelessP Send a message via Yahoo to HopelessP
Ashlyn alternates nights with her diapers so on nights she has cloth on she will be in 12 month footed sleepers. If she's in sposies (like tonight) then she's in 9 month footies. On sposie nights she will sometimes be in 2 piece jammies. Basically I just do what fits over her butt lol.

I prefer footies for right now. All of my 12 month ones have elastic at the ankle so her feet stay put

January 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chase has only ever slept in the one piece sleepers with feet. We put a short sleeved onesie underneath and now that it is winter and so cold here he sleeps in them with socks on. We forgot to put socks underneath 2 nights in a row and those 2 nights he woke up in the middle of the night! I don't have anything in his crib and am not comfortable with him sleeping with a blanket so we have to make sure he's really warm.

I haven't had a problem finding 12 month sizes yet, although he is wearing mostly 9 months now and just has a few 12 months. I love Carters! I have a few others that I like a lot too, but mainly we have found that Carters tend to fit the best. I also LOVE zippers over buttons, so much easier!

With that being said I will say that I love the way 2 piece pj's look. I think babies look so darn cute in them so Chase does have a few and he will lounge in them sometimes, but since it is so cold out right now he can't really sleep in them yet because they aren't warm enough without a blanket.

Do you belong to Costco? We get so many footed PJ's there. They always have Carters fleece ones in the 12 month size, and they are only $7!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 16th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We go to Sams Club, which is basically the same thing. Got my niece a few full Carters outfits for 4 dollars for Christmas

January 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh yeah, we have Sams here too! I love those stores, they always have amazing deals on kids stuff!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 16th, 2011, 09:10 PM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
We use footed sleepers, the 3m are almost all in the "too small" bin, so she's in very big 6m ones and the Carter's sleep sacks still too. L doesn't pull up or try to crawl or anything, so if she's just going to be a bump on a log, she doesn't need full use of her legs at bedtime. Plus, with the sleep sack I get her dressed for the day earlier than I would otherwise.
Caroline - November '12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search