Cina's exercise and diet journal.

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2011, 10:47 AM
SpydrMnky27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok. I'm starting this journal for myself. I need to get it together. UGH! I can't get my cravings under control. Christmas junk food really did a number on me. I planned to have a good time with my family and eat whatever I wanted but I didn't plan for it to extend into 2011. I'm usually ok until DH gets home and then I sneak bites here and there of things that are not on my plan. Normally, it wouldn't be a big deal but right now it's causing some crazy cravings and then I give in and have the whole dang thing. I am going to be very strict with my diet until I get into a place where food does not have an effect on me and I'm eating because I need it for fuel, not pleasure.

I really do not want to lose much weight. I got down to 115ish and DH (and the post office workers) commented on how skinny my face was. lol I will admit that my face looked pretty gaunt. I need to add some muscle. I've read somewhere that dieting makes you look good in your clothes and exercise makes you look good naked. That is SO true...for me anyway.

Today I worked out on an empty stomach. I normally don't do that but I needed to fit my workout in where I could and that meant in the morning when Jaxson is in his best mood and doesn't mind sitting in the jumperoo for 30 minutes without constant attention.

I danced around and did some upper and lower body exercises with weights. I will try to add another 30 minute workout in later but if I don't, that's fine, atleast I already did something today.

Breakfast- Chocolate protein shake w/spinach

Snack(if needed)- Atkins bar ( not the best choice but it was good)

Lunch- pancakes (made from just eggs and cream cheese)

Snack (if needed)-

Dinner- Steak and salad

Snack (if needed)-

Last edited by SpydrMnky27; January 18th, 2011 at 09:59 AM.
January 17th, 2011, 04:15 PM
caitie_pie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to caitie_pie
WTG for working out!

Goodluck getting back on track

Thank you Julka for my amazing Siggy<3
January 17th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Way to go with working out...that is my hardest part is finding the time to do a work out.

January 18th, 2011, 07:00 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Keep up the good work Cina! I am the same way in not really wanting to lose weight, people always comment on how skinny I am but if only they saw me naked LMAO.......naked doesn't lie! I need to tone up that is what will make me feel better I think!
January 18th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I'm BLOATED. AF is due in a few days and I am puffy. lol. Before kids, I never used to get bloated and I didn't understand the Midol commercials ( where the lady couldn't button up her jeans) but NOW..I get it. lol

So today I wasn't able to workout as soon as I woke up but that's ok. I WILL get it done. DH wants me to lift really heavy weights on my lower half so my butt can stay big. lol

Breakfast- 2 eggs & 2 slices bacon - 2 carbs total

(16oz water)

Last edited by SpydrMnky27; January 18th, 2011 at 10:54 AM.
January 20th, 2011, 01:34 AM
I never used to get bloated either but now I do ALL the time, even without AF.
I hate it

I think that is a good idea about the lifting on the lower half. I did about two years ago and I had HUGE rock hard butt muscles lol

January 20th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL - I hate AF!!!!! She is horrible and really screwed me up last weekend Anyway, I lol'd at your DH's comment - mine is worried I will lose my boobs haha!

Josh and Kim - proud parents to Byron, Elijah, Abigail, Connor, Kara, and Baby
January 20th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Ok so I am horrible with tracking my food. It bugs me to do it so I am not going to do it everyday.

I am discovering that I can pretty much say no to most foods but cereal is absolutely the hardest thing for me to stop eating. My tummy does not like milk, I've discovered, but I still want it. It would be easy for me to just not bring it in the house but my 4 year old LOVES his cereal. I'm much better about not bringing in the Fruity Pebbles or cereals with high fructose corn syrup. I've actually pretty much eliminated it from my family's diet but I was duped by some Sara Lee Whole Wheat Bread. WHY THE HECK IS THERE HFCS IN BREAD?

I want/need to get to Whole Foods or a vitamin store. I have a list of things that I'd like to get. I'm hoping that I can get rid of my anxiety, moodiness, and fatigue through vitamins/supplements. My diet has helped me out with the fatigue but I'm still cranky on occassion and as soon as the sun goes down, my anxiety rises. I am deficient in something. I am having a hard time concentrating sometimes and my motivation to work has been very low which is causing my bank account to be low as well. I am reading a book called The Diet Cure and it has really good info in it. I am going to try the recommendations and I hope it works because I do not want to see a doctor and get on meds. My issues have been going on for a long time now so I can not ignore them. It is not caused by my low carb diet, if anything, it has helped with my symptoms.

My butt is still sore from my workout I did 2 days ago. I am going to push through it and do another lower body workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberlyw View Post
LOL - I hate AF!!!!! She is horrible and really screwed me up last weekend Anyway, I lol'd at your DH's comment - mine is worried I will lose my boobs haha!
I wish I had some boobs to worry about. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitie_pie View Post
I never used to get bloated either but now I do ALL the time, even without AF.
I hate it

I think that is a good idea about the lifting on the lower half. I did about two years ago and I had HUGE rock hard butt muscles lol
How often did you lift??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
Keep up the good work Cina! I am the same way in not really wanting to lose weight, people always comment on how skinny I am but if only they saw me naked LMAO.......naked doesn't lie! I need to tone up that is what will make me feel better I think!
No, naked definitely does not lie!! It's pretty blunt and brutal at times too! LOL
January 25th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I've been good since Monday. lol The weekend was a disaster diet wise but I'm back on it. I'm going to buy some L-glutamine and 5-htp to help with my cravings and mood.

AF still has not shown up but I've always been irregular so I am not freaking out yet.

B- Protein shake with a 1/4c berries, 2 cups spinach, 1/4c aloe vera juice & 2 thin slices of bacon

S- 2 deviled eggs

Lunch- Chicken breast pieces w/ salad, 2 TB (Full fat) thousand island dressing w/ olives

S- small handful of roasted almonds/ 1/4 full fat greek yogurt with a dash of splenda

D- Sloppy Joe peppers ( recipe by Linda Sue) Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
January 25th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Just got done with 1/2 of my workout. Jax woke up a little early but that's ok, I'll do the other half before bed or tomorrow morning. My legs feel shaky. It's awesome. Jari Love kicked my butt.

On a bad note, My 4 year old touches my bloated stomach and says "um..there might be another baby in there....you should feel your belly". Thanks for your honesty dude. lol That's what I get for eating crap.
January 26th, 2011, 04:00 AM
HAHA My evil little 3 yr old did the same thing to me the other day and told me I have a fat belly. She was lucky I was on the phone cos I probably would have freaked and told her to get the heck away from me... yeah dieting makes me moody

Anyways, I lifted every single day. DH being in the Army needs to work out everyday so at that time I would go with him so I could make sure he was actually working out(he hates it and has always been very out of shape, since I've known him anyways. He absolutely hates running... however with all the fastfood and junk he eats, lack of working out he is still super ****** skinny >.<) While we'd be at the gym I'd use every leg piece of equipment they had lol PLUS I run and like squats and lunges, they are my sickness lol

January 26th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Breakfast- Protein shake (chocolate protein powder,2 cups spinach, 1/4c berries, aloe vera juice, greek yogurt, flax meal & 1 stolen slice of DS1's bacon.

Snack- Nuts, slice of cheese

Lunch- deviled eggs, 2 oopsie rolls

Dinner- 2oz Chicken fajita meat over a bed of lettuce & 1 beef fajita w/ a low carb wrap

Dessert- 2oz warmed up cream cheese , sweetened w/ a tsp davinci sugar-free syrup & toasted almond flour as the crust.
January 29th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Holy moly, Callanetics is no joke. I did my first workout last night and I couldn't get through the whole thing. It's so hard to explain but it's stretching and pulsing. It was difficult to get the form right but I can tell this is going to whip my body into shape in no time.

I've been keeping my carbs extra low this week and I feel great. I am going to start increasing the carbs with more berries and lots more veggies of all colors. I need a little more due to exercise but I will keep them around 50 which is still very low.

AF is here and my bloating is gone. I feel like I have my body back to where it was pre-Christmas binge-fest.lol [IMG]

I will be back to add some leg shots because I really want to see how Callanetics changes my body. I'm SO excited. DH even brought home pizza today and I didn't take a bite. I've got these cravings under control!
February 3rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Woke up this morning and decided to step on the scale just to see and I've lost more weight. I don't feel too thin like I did before at this weight because I've been working out and I've put on some muscle. It's kinda nice.

I've done 2 hours of Callanetics so far. My goal is 12 hours for the month. 1 hour 3x/week is what I am aiming for. I can feel the difference in the thighs after 2 workouts. I'm definitely keeping this in my DVD rotation.

My carbs are still low. I've been trying to add more fruit in the morning but honestly, I am not a big fan of fruit. I don't mind a few berries in my protein shake but I can't just sit down and eat some fruit. I want to up the carbs a little but I do not want to eat anymore wheat/gluten than what's in my occasional low carb tortilla. More veggies is it!

If you haven't seen the movie Fathead, you should check it out.
February 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Ok, so after a Sunday of too many Mike n Ike's, I am back on plan!

I'm fasting for breakfast

Lunch- chicken/veggies

Dinner- italian sausage recipe from my Atkins book or sloppy joe stuffed peppers

snacks- almonds, cheese

Looked at swimsuits online lastnight. I'm motivated!!! I want to be beach ready by May 31 (Jaxson's b-day!)
February 11th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Haven't been working out. I have been working too much. My eating has been so so. I've actually not been eating much since I'm too busy. I'm still going strong with no energy drinks though!!
February 15th, 2011, 07:07 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looking good Cina!
February 23rd, 2011, 02:44 PM
I weighed myself today and I am about 113lbs. I'm slackin on the workouts again but I know it's due to Jaxson's diagnosis. I will get back into it. I will atleast walk a mile today. I need to start doing Callanetics again because even DH could tell the difference in my body after only 2 workouts. He was like "Maybe I should start doing it with you" lol

I need to drink more water but I am just not thristy. My personal challenge for the month of march will be to drink more water even if I'm not thristy. On a good note, I'm completely off of energy drinks though and it feels great! I'm still deciding what to do with my extra money!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search