Cleaning

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Do you do all the cleaning, or does your dh help?
Do you have a cleaning schedule?
If you have older kids do they help you clean (chores, and such)?
How often do you do laundry?
What is the one cleaning thing you hate to do?
Is there any cleaning that you like to do?

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 18th, 2011, 09:31 AM
renee4152's Avatar Proud Mommy of 2!
Do you do all the cleaning, or does your dh help? I probably do most of it, but he does help out a lot.

Do you have a cleaning schedule? I clean whenever I get the chance to do so.

If you have older kids do they help you clean (chores, and such)? My daughter, 8, cleans her room, loves to clean her bathroom (i have to go over it afterward for the spots she missed), and helps clean the kitchen after dinner.

How often do you do laundry? as little as I can get by with.

What is the one cleaning thing you hate to do? Laundry, hands down!

Is there any cleaning that you like to do? I don't mind cleaning the kitchen. I wouldn't go so far as to say I like it. I do like spending the time with my family while I'm cleaning it.
January 18th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I do it all except take out the trash. Dh works long 12 hours days plus 2 hours driving so theres no way he's going to want to do housework at the end of his days. I will say though, that dh does a lot of the cooking at our house. We grill meat at least 3 times a week all year round so he's outside doing that while i make the sides and we work together in that way. On work days, by the time he's done all that all thats left is time to eat and go to bed.

I admit, i need to get better at cleaning more often especially since M's on the floor most of the time now, we have a long hair dog and she sheds like crazy so i need to vaccume more. I dont have a set schedule, i do the dishes and laundry as needed which probably amounts to once a week or so. M has so many clothes and stuff he can go up to two weeks in between loads.

My step daughter is 6 1/2 and she has to clear her own dishes, rinse out the bathroom sink and wipe around it after she brushes her teeth (she makes a huge mess), clean her room and i just started having her fold her own clothes. Luckily, she's a weirdo and thinks all these things are fun so she likes it.

January 18th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you do all the cleaning, or does your dh help? I do most of it. DH will take out the trash and will do the cat litter.
Do you have a cleaning schedule?I try to vacuum 3-4 times a week. I do laundry Thursday night so I am not doing it all weekend. Bathrooms and changing the sheets on Saturday. I clean the kitchen each night after dinner.
If you have older kids do they help you clean (chores, and such)?No older kiddos!
How often do you do laundry?Start on Thursday - usually 3-4 loads over a few days.
What is the one cleaning thing you hate to do?laundry. I HATE it. But it is a necessary evil.
Is there any cleaning that you like to do? I like vacuuming! It makes the house seem cleaner. I don't mind the kitchen either.

January 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you do all the cleaning, or does your dh help? I do most of it. DH does the outside stuff, and the trash and cat litter. He's also pretty good about cleaning the kitchen after dinner.

Do you have a cleaning schedule?No, I probably should though...I"ve been a major slacker in the cleaning department.

If you have older kids do they help you clean (chores, and such)?No older kiddos!

How often do you do laundry?A couple times a week.

What is the one cleaning thing you hate to do? All of it! Ugh!

Is there any cleaning that you like to do? I truthfully don't mind laundry all that much. Folding it sucks but I just dump in on the bed and have Rachel hang out and play with it while I do it.
January 18th, 2011, 11:17 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you do all the cleaning, or does your dh help? HAHA!! Ya right~ I am thee only one who cleans, unless I tell him please put a load of laundry in or please help me with the dishes while I put addisyn to bed. I have to ask.

Do you have a cleaning schedule?Nope, Usually the weekend is when I do my deep cleaning, other than that its cleaning as it needs

If you have older kids do they help you clean (chores, and such)?n/a

How often do you do laundry?Every weekend for sure and maybe 1 or 2 loads during the week if there is something I need right away.

What is the one cleaning thing you hate to do? DISHES! ISH, I don't have a dishwasher and never have even when growing up

Is there any cleaning that you like to do? I like laundry and I like to vacuum
January 18th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you do all the cleaning, or does your dh help? DH takes out all the trash/recycling and he vacuums when I tell him to
Do you have a cleaning schedule? Nope, I just clean daily
If you have older kids do they help you clean (chores, and such)? Lily is almost 2.5 years old and she puts her dirty clothes in the hamper and helps put her clothes away as well. She also puts her dishes in the sink and picks up her toys every evening before bed.
How often do you do laundry? About every other day because we do cloth diapers. For clothes probably 2-3x a week
What is the one cleaning thing you hate to do? I hate vacuuming and mopping
Is there any cleaning that you like to do? I love laundry and washing dishes

January 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Do you do all the cleaning, or does your dh help? I do most of it... dh helps sometimes when I ask, or if he wants something lol
Do you have a cleaning schedule? yes I have to or my house would be a disaster
If you have older kids do they help you clean (chores, and such)? my older kids pick up their stuff, put their clothes in the laundry, clear off the table after dinner and help clean the kitchen at night
How often do you do laundry? I do a load every day. If I dont it gets overwhelming for me.
What is the one cleaning thing you hate to do? I hate to sweep and mop... our whole house is tile floors except for the area rug in the living room, and every time I do it I get muscle spasms in my back.
Is there any cleaning that you like to do? I like to clean the bathroom.... I hate a dirty bathroom

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search