Mirena Woes

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking I may need to make an appointment with my Ob-Gyn.

I got the Mirena 8 or 10 weeks postpartum. I was told that there would be some bleeding or spotting for a few days. After that, my periods should be lighter, shorter or go away completely. She said in some cases people had spotting between periods during the first 6 months.

I don't even know when I have my period anymore. I have to wear a pad several days a week and I see blood everytime I pee.

I couldn't tell you if I'm having any mood swings. With everything that's happened and then the antidepressants...I don't know what's what anymore.

Besides that, I'm not in any pain and it IS preventing pregnancy. I just don't know that this normal.

Could something be wrong? Could it just be all the stress I'm under? Agh. The last thing I want is to have to have this removed and start over.

Help!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

January 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know Amy. I dont use BC. But it doesn't sound right to me, so I'd say make an appointment and see if you can get in to discuss your sypmtoms and see whats going on. Sorry I'm no help!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
January 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd call...doesn't sound right to me either. Maybe they can offer another alternative that would work better for you instead.

January 18th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With Mirena that is actually right. Your bleeding will be very irregular for a WHILE and then probably go away completely. I had one for 2 years. The first 9 months were Hellish but it was great after that.

January 18th, 2011, 03:49 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I was going to post something similar! I had about a month straight of bleeding after I had mine put in. It had slowed/stopped right before my string check which was a month after I had it done, so that was in June. Then in August or September my cycle came back and I've had a regular period since. Fortunately it only lasts a day or 2 and it's super light. The first day I have bad cramps but can use a liner for the day. The next day is usually nothing, maybe a little spotting when I wipe. The third day I usually need a liner all day again, but after that nothing. HOWEVER! I've noticed when I have something stressful going on I have breakthrough bleeding. When we drove to MI in a whiteout blizzard? Bleeding. Kaija's birthday? Bleeding. And various other slightly stressful situations that are no where near when I should be expecting AF. I've been thinking about calling my OB to see if that was normal...

But if you're bleeding a lot that doesn't sound normal. It certainly doesn't hurt to give them a call.
January 18th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Jannell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got mine put in in August and three weeks later I started bleeding and bled from about 6 weeks and haven't had anything since then. Have you checked the strings? I'd call just to make sure everything is still in place.
January 19th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The first time I had the Modena I never bled once after it was inserted. This time I spotted/bled for the the first 3 months and then the bleeding pretty much stopped completely. I will spot sometimes but it is rare and never heavy. I never get a period.
January 19th, 2011, 06:27 AM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
the bleeding sounds normal to me from what I've heard from other people.. BUT, if its affecting your mood, and hormones, it wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor, and if the bleeding is annoying you.. I got the implanon put in at around 8 weeks PP, and I bled like crazy for like the first 7 months.. Then it just stopped one day...Is mirena progesterone only? I think that if the hormones are bothering you, its unfair to you, under all the other stress you're dealing with to have to deal with crazy hormones ontop of that... see what the doc says about it. *hugs*
January 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's more like spotting, it's never been heavy. It's just often.

I honestly can't say anything about the hormones though. I was diagnosed with PPD before the Mirena and then two months after I had it put in, Max passed away. So I really don't know the cause of my mood swings. It could be a number of things or just all of them combined.

Maybe I should keep track of the days I bleed for a while in correlation with the bad depression/stress days?

I check the strings and such regularly...maybe once a week. It seems fine and I don't feel any discomfort what so ever.

I'll call and leave a message with the nurse and see what my doctor says.

I need to go in for my annual pap though. With everything that's happened I missed getting it in Sept. Bad girl!

Thanks girls, I knew I could count on you!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search