He ate diaper cream...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 03:53 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, not really ATE it, but he was standing up holding onto the changing table and I was trying to fasten his pants andhe was being a little too quiet so I looked and he had his hand I his diaper cream jar and had it on hisface like he had put his hand into his mouth. It was maybe 30 seconds i didn't see him and that stuff is thick so I can't imagine he really got any In his mouth or swallowed it-especially as he didn't cough, gag, make a weird face, etc. But I was just wondering if I need to worry? Anyone elses LO do this before?

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 18th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I think he's fine--but mineral oil and suntan lotion can be deadly if swallowed and pure rubbing alchohol can be absorbed through the skin and cause you to be drunk.

At least that's what the author says in the "If your kid eats this book everything will be okay" book.

January 18th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He probably consumed such a tiny amount, if anything, that I wouldn't worry about it.

January 18th, 2011, 05:18 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kinley ate Desitin a year ago.....she had climbed up on her changing table ( we had jokinly told her to go get a diaper and change herself haha--she was 2) anyways she got up on the changing table, couldn't get down and ate the Desitin! She had it on her mouth and I asked her if she ate it--she said yes. So I called Poison Control and they said large amounts could harm her, but it doesn't taste very good so more than likely she didn't eat much and that she would probably have dihrrea. Sure enough about 10 min later she had green dihrrea...and that was it. So I'm sure he will be just fine!

Anyways--I hid the Desitin, or so I thought and a few months later she got into it again! This time she smeared it everywhere!

Here is a pic of her hands after she got into the Desitin:

And this is what she did....smeared it alllllllll over her little table and on the floor---by the way, Desitin can bleach out carpet if you don't get it all up!

January 18th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Oh my goodness those pictures of Kinley's adventures are priceless!

January 19th, 2011, 07:14 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd assume he's fine since I COVERED every single inch of myself in it when I was about 2, including my hair and face, and I turned out fine! (OK, maybe that's debatable... )

January 19th, 2011, 06:53 PM
ChrissySTL's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girls! He is all good! And I also love Kinley's adventures! PRICELESS!

Thank you MeganPixel for surprising me with this super cute siggy-you rock!

January 19th, 2011, 07:20 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks! lol Glad he is okay!! That's the first of many things he will eat! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search