cereals and breakfast foods?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 05:35 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think Melodie is bored of toast and scrambled eggs or cheerios with pieces of fruit, and that's basically the only things I can think of giving her for breakfast. Anyone have any new ideas for breakfast foods?

Last edited by LisaBrown; January 19th, 2011 at 06:35 AM.
January 19th, 2011, 06:02 AM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
my grandma mixed cheese grits with and sunny side up type egg (the kind where the yolk is cooked) and alexa LOVED it also oat meal like reg oatmeal or flavored but the kind we would eat not baby oatmeal

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 19th, 2011, 07:27 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Addisyn loves pancakes or waffle pieces.
January 19th, 2011, 07:49 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, cottage cheese and fruit or yogurt - just a few ideas!

January 19th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks girls! I've given her pancakes a few times and she LOVES them, but I find it's so much hassle just for a little pancake, so I usually only make them on weekends. She had cottage cheese mixed with fruit the other morning and really liked it. For some reason, oatmeal gives her cramps and constipates her, so that's not a good option for us. Thanks for the ideas girls! Keep 'em coming if anyone has new ones!

January 19th, 2011, 07:59 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When you make pancakes make extra and just freeze them. Pull one out for her when you want to give her one. That's what I do for my kids.

January 19th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarney View Post
When you make pancakes make extra and just freeze them. Pull one out for her when you want to give her one. That's what I do for my kids.

GREAT IDEA!!! Never even thought of that! Thanks!!!

January 19th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to suggest freezing the pancakes but Diana beat me to it! Jed loves yogurt and cut up fruit, biscuits (you can buy frozen ones and just bake one at a time), or even cut up cheese and lunch meat. I figure it doesn't have to be "breakfast" food to eat it in the morning!

January 19th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Am I the only one still feeding my baby baby food? I thought we were supposed to keep them on baby food until atleast a year? And I thought that feeding them eggs this early would cause allergies? Not trying to start a debate at all, just curious.

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
January 19th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still give Jed some baby food - but he usually refuses it! He wants "real" food. As for the eggs - my doc said that the new studies show that it doesn't make a difference with allergies if you delay certain foods. So pretty much everything is okay at 6 months (except honey). Unless you have a history of allergies - then you might want to wait.

Jed loves him some scrambled eggs!

January 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
My kids get cereal mostly for breakfast. Sometimes we do fruit and pancakes and omelets. My dh makes the most amazing biscuits and gravy, and Alex loves that so he gets that on the weekend. One of the things I have done before to get ideas on things to feed the kids is when I go to a restaurant I look at their menu, and write down the things I would be willing to make for the kids.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, freeze them! I also do that with waffles and put them in the toaster to cook them back up again. Also french toast is great frozen and toasted again.
January 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we still do oatmeal mixed with fruit mostly, or some cheerios and fruit and yogurt, stuff like that. But I think I might start mixing it up a bit too!
January 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittynoah View Post
I still give Jed some baby food - but he usually refuses it! He wants "real" food. As for the eggs - my doc said that the new studies show that it doesn't make a difference with allergies if you delay certain foods. So pretty much everything is okay at 6 months (except honey). Unless you have a history of allergies - then you might want to wait.

Jed loves him some scrambled eggs!
Thanks! Now that I know about the eggs thing I might try to start mixing it up too...You are know baby food is expensive!! lol

Thank you MeganPixel for this Awesome Siggie!
Serenity Cadence: 3/28/06
Scarlett Leighton: 4/7/10
Lap Band Surgery 11/16/10
January 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We havent had puree's in a good couple of months... he was never that into them

January 19th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Yeah, same here, Melodie just decided she didn't like them anymore and we moved right on to real foods and she's never had any problems. I LOVE that she can eat what we're eating now, makes things much easier and forces me to make healthier meals.

January 19th, 2011, 01:15 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jaxon LOVES biscuits!

January 19th, 2011, 01:29 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any other suggestions on breakfast foods. Camden will only eat yogurt and fruit. period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity&Scarlett'sMama View Post
Am I the only one still feeding my baby baby food? I thought we were supposed to keep them on baby food until atleast a year? And I thought that feeding them eggs this early would cause allergies? Not trying to start a debate at all, just curious.
I give him baby food but mostly because he refuses to eat anything else i've tried to give him. I've given him egg yolks but am waiting to give him egg whites until after a year.

January 19th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity&Scarlett'sMama View Post
We started Vi on regular food and didn't do baby food at all. They don't have to do baby food at all.

I freeze pancakes and waffles as well when I make them. Vi loves scrambled eggs though. I also do little cheese quesadillas for breakfast sometimes with some salsa on top. Most days Vi eats some fruit and then either eggs or a pancake/waffle.

January 19th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Btw i love the pancake idea, i'm totally doing that tomorrow

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search