Do you wake your LO

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
to keep them on schedule? I'm really trying to get M's schedule now with bottles, napping, meals and everything on track. He's always had a bottle schedule but never really a sleeping one before, just a loose plan of what he usually did, nothing set in stone. Now that i have to make sure he's eating meals and snacks on time i have to be a little more rigid with his sleeping schedule as well bec/ for example if he doesnt go down for a nap by 1 he's sometimes not up by 3 to have his snack, if he doesnt have his snack by 3:30 then he's not interested in his 4:30 bottle bec/ his snack is still digesting and then the whole rest of the day gets later and later etc...

But sometimes we get off schedule and everything gets all messed up... sometimes i dont mind if stuff is a little later but if its too much off its no good for either of us (he seems to be the type of baby that prefers a routine and schedule).

So, do you wake up your LO from sleeping to keep them on a schedule?

January 19th, 2011, 09:43 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never wake Didi if she's sleeping during the day, except for the rare occasion when she might have an evening nap and ends up sleeping later than expected, just to make sure she has dinner and is tired again by bedtime.

January 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Kittynoah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't wake up Jed unless it is getting too close to bedtime. I figure if he misses a snack he will make up for it at the next meal. That might be different for you if you are needing to make sure Mikey gets what he needs. Jed wasn't a preemie and gaining wasn't really an issue (once he got on formula) so I have been a bit more relaxed with feeding.

January 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM
J-V221's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Only time I wake Addisyn is in the evening to make sure she is tired enough for bed. Same as the other ladies. Sometimes she so tired from daycare that she'll sleep 3-4 hours if I let her and there is no way I'd be able to get her back to sleep in the eveing until late.
January 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
becker206's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, I never wake Jack unless we need to go somewhere and I have to get him to his carseat.

January 19th, 2011, 10:53 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
^^ Ditto Shannon. I've never woken either kid unless it's because we HAVE to go somewhere.

I used to worry about Kaija because her nap ran right over lunch - 11-2. She ended up eating lunch at 10 or 2:30 which seemed too early or too late. But we worked it out. She just never got an afternoon snack, and still usually doesn't even though her nap is now 1:30-3:30 (or later). We do eat a pretty early dinner since the girls are in bed at 7 and 8.
January 19th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually don't either, unless like the other ladies said, her afternoon nap is running too close to bed time or if we have somewhere we need to go. Other than that I try to just let her do her thing and work meals in around naps.
January 19th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Alright, well i guess i wont really worry about it then if he sleeps later or earlier then usual. It just throws me off as well when he's not doing things at the "right" time

January 19th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I never wake Violet unless we have to go somewhere. We don't follow a set schedule though either.

January 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
We don't do schedules here. My older kids are on a "loose" schedule do to school, but the younger ones aren't at all. My two year old is just now beginning to go to bed with the older two as we feel he is ready for it. Charlie eats, sleeps, and plays as he wishes and as he grows older he'll naturally move around what we do. He does get waken up a lot to take the kids or pick them up from somewhere.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 19th, 2011, 09:25 PM
DondraB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nope!

Kinley was never on a schedule because she never slept (still doesnt...now we are into night terrors!!) so I slept when she slept.....this still applies! lol Luckily Karsyn has her own little schedule..she falls asleep around 11:30/12 everynight and wakes up around 8/9am. She'll take a nap when she feels like it..but I never wake her up. Karsyn sleeps all night and naps, Kinley doesn't nap and doesn't sleep all night...so when Kinley sleeps--I get Karsyn to nap and sleep with us lol

January 19th, 2011, 11:02 PM
luvbugmama's Avatar Veteran
last week i did that all week to try and get her on a schedule ( as in not going to sleep at 1 in the morning and waking up at 11 for the day) but it did not work so i just gave up. I figure for now i'll just let her sleep when she wants so atleast she's not cranky and just hope it eventually works out and she gets on a more "normal" schedule.

January 20th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
lol, Aly doesn't take naps so I don't have to worry about this. But if she did take a nap (Praise the Lord) I wouldn't wake her b/c it would be a rare thing and I would cherish and savor every minute of it.

January 20th, 2011, 06:49 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Logan has set his own schedule, but we are definitely not rigid about it. I never wake him unless we have to go somewhere, and then I can still hardly bring myself to do it. His sleep is so precious!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
January 20th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Tiny Loves
I don't wake unless we are going somewhere. He has his own little routine. I'm okay with it though. It's pretty much the same as mine.

January 20th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do not wake her---- but her Daddy likes to wake her in the AM before work. She is normally awake but if she is not he goes and wakes her up. he likes to see her before leaving for the day. On the weekends we let her sleep. I do not wake her at all from naps unless we need to go somewhere.
January 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, i didnt wake him yesterday and his whole day got screwed up he ended up taking an insanely late nap from about 6:30-8:30... when he woke up he wasnt interested in eating and since he gets his bottle at 9:30 he pretty much missed dinner. O well! he ate a TON of pancake and banana this morning to make up for it

January 20th, 2011, 02:03 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't ever have to wake him up because he very rarely takes a nap longer than 30 minutes!! And when i am lucky enough and he sleeps longer it's no more than an hour so i cherish his naptimes! LOL. But yes he has a schedule and is usually a huge grouch if it gets thrown off (which sometimes it does).

January 20th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I'm with the other ladies! We don't wake Peyton up from a nap unless we have to go somewhere and she wakes up when I put her in her carseat.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
January 21st, 2011, 09:01 PM
Mommy2SB's Avatar Member
I only wake up Bryce if it is getting late in the evening and I know he won't go to sleep that night. I make sure he goes down for his two naps (10am and again at 1pm) then he either sleeps for 30 mins or 2 hours depending on his day (teething or tired from playdate etc). Babies know what is best for them, so I just try to follow my schedule but if it doesnt work out I don't get upset about it and just go with the flow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search