Two funny stories

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
Just had to share because I thought they were cute.

First, Jamie and I were at a play date today with two other moms and kids. Lucas, Jamie's best buddy, is about 6 weeks younger than Jamie so he is just starting to crawl. In some ways they are total opposites - Jamie is really slim and a non-stop whirlwind of energy, climbs on everything, hollers loudly if he doesn't get his way, high-pitched voice, etc. Lucas is solid and already outweighs Jamie - future football player - and is very chill and sedate, deep voice, etc. That's what makes them such cute buddies together. Anyway, the kids are playing today and the mommies are chatting. At one point I look up and Lucas is lying on his tummy, happily playing with a toy in front of him. Then I notice that Jamie is STANDING on Lucas - both feet firmly planted on Lucas' butt while playing with a toy on top of the table. And neither one of them is making a peep or noticing anything wrong with the situation. It wasn't even that Jamie was just temporarily stepping on and over Lucas in an attempt to get somewhere - he was continuing to stand on him!!! And Lucas didn't even complain!! They would have stayed that way if we hadn't all laughed and tried to grab our cameras. It was hysterical! (I did say that I had nervous visions of them getting into trouble as teenagers, with Lucas boosting Jamie over someone's fence or something like that!)

The other cute thing was that when I went to change Jamie's diaper, I noticed a couple of old, stale puffs in the little mesh pouch attached to the changing table (you know the little cups mesh cups where you can store lotion, wipes, etc.) They must have stuck to his clothes some time. Well, he must have noticed them too because he picked one up and quickly ate it before I could stop him. Then the phone rang, so I picked him up and carried him into the other room, answered the phone, etc. When I carried him back into the bedroom he reached straight into the mesh cup and grabbed the other puff and shoved it in his mouth. How can his memory be that good at this age?!? Crazy!!! I mean I know they're "getting" object permanence - for example, if they watch you "hide" an object they will know its under the scarf, book, etc. but he actually remembered where this one puff was even though we left the room for a couple of minutes to answer the phone!!

Last edited by Bosley; January 20th, 2011 at 08:52 PM.
January 20th, 2011, 08:52 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
That is HILARIOUS about him standing on his little friend I love it!! They are SO going to be trouble growing up!!

And I am constantly amazed by the memories of both of my girls. Kaija keeps "apologizing" for dropping her barrette down the bathroom sink drain - OVER a year ago! Kolbie knows exactly where I put the remote or goes straight for some toy we left in her room. It's crazy!
January 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM
AlexasMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMomma
too funny!! please tell me one of yall got the picture!! that is priceless

Thanks ashypoo03 for my gorgeous siggy!!

January 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Bosley's Avatar Hillary
We missed it. Tried to grab the camera but once we reacted the kids stopped what they were doing.

January 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
fibigrey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to fibigrey
man the image of those two babies..with jamie standing on him was soo funny! I bet that was so cute!!

and he sounds like he has a sharp mind

that was cute, thanks for sharing it perked me up.
January 21st, 2011, 02:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Cute stories!

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
January 21st, 2011, 06:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Too funny!! Lily used to stand on her friends who weren't as mobile to get things as well.

January 22nd, 2011, 09:16 AM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL!! That is so funny! Sounds like they are good buddies already!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search